Vancouver

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 17:43 Quote
Anyone in Vancouver that had their stuff stolen in the past year better check this out. Vancouver Police Department is holding their annual auction this Saturday. Last chance to claim your bike before it gets sold to the public.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-police-to-auction-stolen-goods-on-saturday-1.3483941?cmp=rss

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 14:01 Quote
Hey I am new to Vancouver. Live in Poco. Looking for a riding buddy particularly in or near Poco that knows Eagle and Burke Mountain trails. Skill level is advanced (at least I think I am haha). Have wheels and an all-mtn and dh bike. Msg me! Also be going to Whistler and Coast Gravity Parks in the near future as well. Cheers!

Posted: May 14, 2016 at 8:04 Quote
phillyp wrote:
Hey I am new to Vancouver. Live in Poco. Looking for a riding buddy particularly in or near Poco that knows Eagle and Burke Mountain trails. Skill level is advanced (at least I think I am haha). Have wheels and an all-mtn and dh bike. Msg me! Also be going to Whistler and Coast Gravity Parks in the near future as well. Cheers!

I'm in new west but will be looking for people to hit up local trails and whistler this summer. I'll pm you my cell.

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 13:27 Quote
Going up to Whistler tomorrow pretty early, aiming to be there around 830/9. Lifts start running at 10, anyone need a lift up from Van? I've got a spot on the rack if you're down to split gas.

Message me if you're down.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2016 at 9:40 Quote
0 Stolen Giant Liv Avail

friend of mine had your bike stolen outfront liberty wines on granville island saturday.
It was locked up an the theif cut the lock this time around
Its a extra small Giant Liv Avail, black with baby blue handle bars.
If you have any info please pm me, thanks people!

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 11:07 Quote
Katakalism wrote:
For those of you who ride at night, do you go out alone most of the time, or with a partner/group? Have you ever run into any wildlife? Those woods are a bit spooky at night, once I get myself some more powerful lights I'll be up there all the time.

My good friends moved away who rode all the time so now most of my night rides are solo. I purchased the most powerful set of lights,(two Lupine Betty-R's) 8800 lumens!! i could find to help calm my nerves with all the wildlife here in Squamish BC. I't isn't the smartest thing to ride solo, so make as much effort to find someone to ride with. If riding solo, dont ride to techy of trails, let someone know where your riding and always make noises such as coughing or clearing your throat. This will let wildlife know your around and they really don't want anything to do with you as long as you dont surprise them.

I have run into more bears than i can count, a mountain lion that was six feet from me, one black wolf that starred me down for about 30 seconds before continuing into the brush, and of coarse a ton of coyotes. So when multiplying my encounters times the thousands of local riders with almost no attacks means,,, you have more danger in your car driving to where you may want to ride,,, just be aware!!

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 19:06 Quote
Hey fellow riders,

My bike was stolen this morning out of Club Intrawest Bike Storage in P2 in Whistler. I have a feeling it might have been brought back down to the city. I just built it up and was stoked to ride it for the first time today, only to find my bike missing from the rack, thief even took all the cables and u-locks with it as well. Bike is size Medium. Please keep your eyes peeled and call 604-505-7801 with any tips or info

2014 All Black Devinci Carbon Wilson
Brand new Fox40 Float (not Boxxer in the full bike pic)
Orange SLS spring on an RC4
Green "Dirty" rims
New neon green DMR pedals

photo

2014 STOLEN All Black Devinci Carbon Wilson

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 10:13 Quote
Yesterday I think I accidentally left my car unlocked and had my bike bag stolen from my car in East Van. It had the following:

- Fox Rampage full face helmet
- 2 pairs of TLD shorts
- A few jerseys, including my favourite Misfits jersey
- some tools
- Gold Chromag 30T chaingring
- Leatt Kneepads
- Leatt neck brace
- Bliss elbow pads
- Arc'teryx Acrux2 GTX shoes
- 4 pairs of TLD gloves
- 100% goggles

Doubt Ill get it back, but just putting it out there.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 19:47 Quote
Sorry to hear it. Bike/bike gear theft is such an invasion. Will keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist etc.

xTwoSnakesx wrote:
Yesterday I think I accidentally left my car unlocked and had my bike bag stolen from my car in East Van. It had the following:

- Fox Rampage full face helmet
- 2 pairs of TLD shorts
- A few jerseys, including my favourite Misfits jersey
- some tools
- Gold Chromag 30T chaingring
- Leatt Kneepads
- Leatt neck brace
- Bliss elbow pads
- Arc'teryx Acrux2 GTX shoes
- 4 pairs of TLD gloves
- 100% goggles

Doubt Ill get it back, but just putting it out there.

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 19:52 Quote
some i know had their kayak gear stolen outta their car near the downtown eastside and they found it all lying on the side of a street. crackheads probably didnt want it after they realized theres no money inside.

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
I found a pair of glasses on Ned's trail on mt Seymour this past Saturday in case anyone is looking for them pm me

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 7:32 Quote
Hi guys,
I`m new to Vancouver and looking for riding buddy to explore trails at mount Seymour and Fromme. I only have a DH bike so I do not pedal =) I`ll appreciate any help or advise.
Anton.

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
creepingdeath wrote:
Hi guys,
I`m new to Vancouver and looking for riding buddy to explore trails at mount Seymour and Fromme. I only have a DH bike so I do not pedal =) I`ll appreciate any help or advise.
Anton.

Do you have a vehicle? I live at the bottom of Seymour.... the next few weeks are a bit hectic as I'm out of town a lot, but fire me a PM and we can connect.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 22:07 Quote
creepingdeath wrote:
Hi guys,
Anton.

Do you listen to Metallica?

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 3:29 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
creepingdeath wrote:
Hi guys,
Anton.

Do you listen to Metallica?
This man, asking the real questions \m/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027490
Mobile Version of Website