Vancouver

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 22:54 Quote
What about protective gear, specifically full face helmets?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 11:24 Quote
quick shout out to Kinetik. Took my bike in for a tune up and got some additional work done for a good deal

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 22:19 Quote
TheSpangler wrote:
RideLucas wrote:
So, I got another question... if I buy some bike parts online, for example, from chain reaction, what are usually the taxes canadian customs charge? Thanks!

50/50 chance you will get hit with duty on stuff being imported.

whitebirdfeathers is incorrect, I have been hit multiple times with duty on bike parts being bought from CRC.

Check out TPS bike parts, support a Canadian company!

I second TheSpangler. I don't know if anyone, including the people enforcing them, know what the actual rules are but it seems totally random. 2 orders, no duty, 1 order duty, 1 order no duty, 3 orders duty, etc......

Agree with thespangler

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
Weighing options for new bikes and the YT Capra AL is on the short list. Only problem is figuring out what size I would order as I'm in between... oh the joys of direct-to-consumer. Anybody have a size M or L that I could swing a leg over and pedal around a parking lot? It'll get ya a cold bevy or two!

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 20:11 Quote
Looking for some riding buddies to hit the shore/similar with. I'm also looking to see what Squamish has to offer but not really sure about where exactly to go up there. Hit me up with a PM if anyone wants to ride sometime. I've a 2-bike hitch rack, we can split gas.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
So, it's my first summer here in Vancouver and one of the things i'm looking forward to do are classic trail loops like Comfortably Numb, Lord of the Squirrels, etc. Any other suggestion? Specially around squamish area or any mountain near Metro Van.

Thanks! Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
RideLucas wrote:
So, it's my first summer here in Vancouver and one of the things i'm looking forward to do are classic trail loops like Comfortably Numb, Lord of the Squirrels, etc. Any other suggestion? Specially around squamish area or any mountain near Metro Van.

Thanks! Smile

Joyride/Dream Wizards seem to be continuing work on the climb trail up to the Garibaldi lot on Diamond Head and are pushing in a blue square descent trail all the way down to Pseudo Tsuga from what I've heard. I think it will be a 25km+ loop and should be open this summer.

Full Pull @ Eagle in Port Coquitlam is a pretty fun long descent, but most of the climb up sucks (pushing up a washed out creek bed really), definitely worth it though at least once.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
Riding at Galbraith in Bellingham should be on everyone's list.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
gramboh wrote:

Full Pull @ Eagle in Port Coquitlam is a pretty fun long descent, but most of the climb up sucks (pushing up a washed out creek bed really), definitely worth it though at least once.

Thanks!

I have been thinking about this one for a while. How you think the conditions are right now?

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
RideLucas wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Thanks!

I have been thinking about this one for a while. How you think the conditions are right now?

Hmm, not sure, I haven't even been on the shore in the last few weeks (been skiing and without a trail bike at the moment). The top of Full Pull is pretty high up so I wouldn't be surprised if there is snow, at least on the access road. I would give it a month or so... even when it's clear of snow it's a loamy trail (and steep at the top) so it wouldn't be good to ride in the wet.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 17:17 Quote
This is off topic, but is there a BC bike park pass for all the resorts? A few friends and I are planning a road trip for a month straight From Banff to Whistler, then go back to Banff thought the Okanagan & Kootenay's. We are planning on hitting up local spots too but if there was a pass that we could acquire for all BC mountain bike parks that would be awesome.

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 17:26 Quote
Anybody selling any L/XL trail/Enduro bike's? The buy sell isn't looking very fruitful. Budget is around $1700, looking for anything 140-170mm

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 22:42 Quote
Kia ora,

I'm from New Zealand and will be visiting Vancouver in late May for 6 days and was hoping to get some advice on where to hire a bike from and where would be some good riding options. Not looking for any hucking, just some outrageously fun trails. Roots are good.

Suggestions on any accommodation options that are close to trails would also be appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.073937
Mobile Version of Website