Favorite Tire for downhill and Freeride

PB Forum :: Other
Favorite Tire for downhill and Freeride
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 14:26 Quote
What is your favorite tire(s) for downhill and freeride and what is your favorite setup.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
Panaracer Fire FR 2.4 front and rear... Been using them for 2 1/2 seasons year round in the pacific north west... I love them and they have NEVER let me down!!

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
minion dhf 2.5 it is not too heavy and have good grip

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 10:53 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
minion dhf 2.5 it is not too heavy and have good grip

Same, except I run 3C on the front and maxxpro compound on the rear.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
Kenda Nevegal 2.5's. I swear by those tires, they hold so well on their side knobs and don't slip around much in the wet. Nevys all the way!

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
Michelins, 2.3 front and rear, sick tires, roll fast and get good grip, i hate fat tires

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 1:57 Quote
drumdemon101 wrote:
whys that?
me?? why do I hate fat tires?? Because first of all getting to the hill, or pedalling around any where is shit, the larger the tire the more drag, and I just dont feel the need for huge tires, i had large tires for a few years and never thought much of going to skinnys, then I bought my bros whole wheelset hubs and all and that is what he had on his set up and it was sooo much beter, you dont need tires that wide, the contact area is close to the same... fat tires are going to be slower in the long run, learn to toss the bike around and lean properly, and you dont need em

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
Maxxis High Roller DH Sticky up front

with a Maxxis Minion Rear Soft Coumpound DH Tyre rear

both tyres 60a

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
Alright I'll have to check out these sweet tires. Any other suggestions are welcome. THANKS Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033562
Mobile Version of Website