Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
pedalbear wrote:
Anyone running a GHP cruiser frame?Opinions?

After the ffirst ride on her, she feels sturdy as all hell.

A bit of flex in it but You don't notice it unless you're trying to notice it (having dxrs probably helped a little) the Sweet spot in your manualling balance is quite easy to find.

My Pro XL Cruiser weighs 20 and change (keeping In mind I used a bathroom scale with out the bike, then with the bike and used my less than impressive math skills) with nothing for carbon Fibre. The wheels are a huge weight saving point though.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 21:13 Quote
I have a cassette type rear hub that is slipping occasionally when I leave the gate. I have checked the pawls and cannot see any significant wearchips, etc.

Any tips for what else to look for?

Have also checked chain, chain ring, etc and all is good.

FYI - Hub is a no name hub that came with my 2014 SE cruiser.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
ejps wrote:
I have a cassette type rear hub that is slipping occasionally when I leave the gate. I have checked the pawls and cannot see any significant wearchips, etc.

The no name hubs tend to do this alot.

take any and all grease out of the internals, pals, ands springs as this hinders the ability to let the pawl bounce up and set into the ratchet ring inside the hub, then put a dab of your favorite lube on each pawl and put it back together.

I run my hubs completely dry with a touch of tri flow, I've never had an issue and the wheels I've had for 3 years still look new in the internals.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 8:52 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
ejps wrote:

The no name hubs tend to do this alot.

take any and all grease out of the internals, pals, ands springs as this hinders the ability to let the pawl bounce up and set into the ratchet ring inside the hub, then put a dab of your favorite lube on each pawl and put it back together.

I run my hubs completely dry with a touch of tri flow, I've never had an issue and the wheels I've had for 3 years still look new in the internals.

Thanks. I have tri flow only in there and the issue remains.

Sounding like replacement is the best option. Recommendations that don't break the bank?

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 16:52 Quote
What's your budget ? I have alot of recommendations but they push the limits of "break the bank" lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 17:41 Quote
Why not just put out a little bit more cash, and buy a lower end complete rear wheel, instead of just a hub. Assuming that the entire rear wheel is stock, the rim and spokes probably are not worth the cost or effort of lacing onto a new hub. And It would probably also be a upgrade from the stock wheel.

Although I guess this is assuming that you can find just a rear wheel...

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 18:01 Quote
Just for proof I actually rode this weekend… Lol

Get a gate.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 18:43 Quote
A victim of the trackpants trend I see..

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 19:43 Quote
bmxrace121 wrote:
A victim of the trackpants trend I see..

How do you think that trend started?

ain't my fault my thighs don't fit in moto pants. hahaha.

EDIT- they're actually just for training. usually wear them for sprints and light track training, but my Flys don't fit my legs anymore and my new pants aren't here yet. So I was stuck with the soccer pants.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 19:55 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
What's your budget ? I have alot of recommendations but they push the limits of "break the bank" lol

No real budget set. Hoping to find something worthwhile for a few hundred.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
man I wanna ride, you guys are killing me here

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
ejps wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:

No real budget set. Hoping to find something worthwhile for a few hundred.

If you're willing to up it to 350-400, go have a peak on Bombshell Parts website.

I am a bit biased because I was a test rider for them a while back, but at the same time...

3 wheelsets from them, never once have they rolled out of true, especially my prototype Straight pulls, they're 3 years old, the internals look like new, never skipped on me and are still straight as an arrow.

Your best bet would probably be a wheelset with FX hubs, the pawls inside are very similar to a clutch drive system, and when i had them they never once skipped on me, good internal design because the more pressure you put on them the further the pawls want to push out, they will roll and roll and roll with surprisingly little resistance aswell.

I will never run a big name hub again after riding bombshells new stuff.

But, I am a bit biased... Razz

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
mepotts wrote:

I shouldn't have even been on my bike this weekend. had a nasty case of pneumonia that I just got off antibiotics for and I went to a bmx track....

full laps were death, even first straights had me wanting to die. lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 21:49 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
mepotts wrote:

I shouldn't have even been on my bike this weekend. had a nasty case of pneumonia that I just got off antibiotics for and I went to a bmx track....

full laps were death, even first straights had me wanting to die. lol

Yo I was medically discharged from the Air Force because I developed stress fractures in both of my legs during basic. cant bear weight on either for a long ass time. find out officially how long on tuesday. aka no bike season for me

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 at 22:06 Quote
I'm finishing recovering from rupturing and/or displacing my bursar sack below my right kneecap or dislocating my kneecap downwards (the Doctors cannot agree on what exactly I did). 2 months later and I'm finally on my bike again. Just around the block etc and feeling weak as a kitten in the right leg (even with all the physio and exercises I was doing).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034516
Mobile Version of Website