Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Alright, I don't know where to go with this question, so I'll go here. I'm looking to purchase a race bmx to have something to do from now 'til November, when I can ride my DH for real again, and then to supplement my riding. It will mainly see pumptracks/racetracks but no actual racing. I used to ride/race 4x but I want to try something new and I have a very limited budget. I am on the tall side of things, standing at 6'10. I am completely new to this tiny bike thing, and have a few questions. First of all, am I too tall? Second, if not, which bikes should I look for used, since my budget is £500/630€/$835. Thanks!

Jesus Christ almighty you're a monster.

You're also going to be too tall for any stock production frame unless you go to a used mongo huge ass long Crupi Pro XXL.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 8:45 Quote
Well, time to stop riding again...

Self destructed 3/4's of the way through the track, no idea what happened, and this morning at work I coughed up blood.

Bike's for sale... I'll buy a new sexy bike next year. LOL.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 8:58 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Alright, I don't know where to go with this question, so I'll go here. I'm looking to purchase a race bmx to have something to do from now 'til November, when I can ride my DH for real again, and then to supplement my riding. It will mainly see pumptracks/racetracks but no actual racing. I used to ride/race 4x but I want to try something new and I have a very limited budget. I am on the tall side of things, standing at 6'10. I am completely new to this tiny bike thing, and have a few questions. First of all, am I too tall? Second, if not, which bikes should I look for used, since my budget is £500/630€/$835. Thanks!

Jesus Christ almighty you're a monster.

You're also going to be too tall for any stock production frame unless you go to a used mongo huge ass long Crupi Pro XXL.

I think I'll just go down the 4x route again Razz

Ouch, get better!

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
Nothing some medication and beer can't fix! Lol.

I really want a Meybo next year... Trouble is they'll be hard to get.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:06 Quote
Opiates and alcohol are the best.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:09 Quote
Bro, this unicorn is gorge....

Oh.

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 2:00 Quote
Speaking of Opiates...
Check this.

http://mpora.com/articles/meet-steve-cisar-man-beat-heroine-race-bmx

Hope he keeps clean and goes as far as he can...

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 9:48 Quote
Anybody got any tire pressure wisdom that they wish to impart? Especially with DTHs and a relatively smooth track?

Home track state championship this weekend, pretty excited.

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
Front and rear? That's about where I have it, but usually I keep the front a bit lower.

Posted: Aug 22, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
Front and rear.

Only pressure I've ever run 20" DTH's at. 24's I run 85 front 80 rear.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 0:42 Quote
I was reading the first 30 pages of this thread and wanted to comment on something so bad, suffice it to say I will keep it short. Train with a big gear.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 6:23 Quote
Animalistik wrote:
I was reading the first 30 pages of this thread and wanted to comment on something so bad, suffice it to say I will keep it short. Train with a big gear.

Don't know how many times I've seen this and pulled my hair out...

The gear you race on is the gear you should train on...

Here's why. No benefits to having your legs muscle memory thinking it's gonna push a 44-15 when you're trying to spin a 41-15.... Spinning a heavy gear and spinning a race gear are two completely different things. Your legs may be stronger after that, but your on track spin is going to suffer.

Sprints/bike training is all muscle memory. Changing gears does not help muscle memory at all. Quite the opposite.

And this isn't just my words, the last 8 years of being trained by professionals and never once have they suggested changing a gear, because it won't help you as much as just riding your bike like you'd have it on a race night.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 9:16 Quote
Mine was in response to the guy saying that his pro friend trains with small and races on a big gear. Everything is relevant when it comes to training, It's like training for a powerlifting meet where maximal output is key. Why train with less weight, you're suppose to train near %100 exertion and it's the same for a non endurance based sport. A week or two before an event you would have a deload phase but nothing idiotic. Too many people put too much thought on this fast twitch/ slow twitch muscles but training isn't rocket science, it is actually quite simple. Progressive overload, simple as that. To that dumb ace saying this pro so and so trains this way, forget that. Most pros don't even know how to train, professional powerlifters and bodybuilders do what they are told and follow the most idiotic bro science I have ever seen. It comes down to Genetics, training, and gear. Gear will only take you as far as your genetics will allow, genetics is super important.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 10:04 Quote
Rider skill is the most important. Nobody got to the pro level because they were the best in the gym.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012724
Mobile Version of Website