Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 15:46 Quote
It's the best picture of my bike I could find. If you want to know what I'm running then check my profile
photo

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 21:53 Quote
so Bombshell finally has their straight pull 275 hubs available, opinions?

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 21:15 Quote
reid-vo wrote:
so Bombshell finally has their straight pull 275 hubs available, opinions?

Yes. lol.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 22:10 Quote
Just what I wanted to hear haha, hopefully spending birthday monies on some here soon

Edit:
Shit nevermind, they are 15 mil axles and my frame is 3/8.

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 19:37 Quote
The 3/8's thread into a larger centre axle. They'll fit!

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 2:08 Quote
I know its a little late but, RIP Scot Breithaupt. Thank you for giving us all the sport of BMX.

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 17:21 Quote
straight pull hubs are on their way along with appropriate spokes, cant wait to ride them!

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 4:39 Quote
Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong thread to post in, but has anyone ever had any experience with Tioga Powerblock 2.1s? thinking about getting one on the rear, but my friend said the 'stitching' came undone within 3 months?
Thanks for the info guys

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 5:12 Quote
Had some 24" ones. They were nice tyres and the rolled really well bu the sidewalls are paper thin (it's a race tyre) so grinding will f*ck them up pretty quickly.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
yeah, I was considering them as a trail/track tyre, but ive decided to go for the 2.1 folding Kevlar differential for my rear, to match the front

Mod
Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 11:22 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
Had some 24" ones. They were nice tyres and the rolled really well bu the sidewalls are paper thin (it's a race tyre) so grinding will f*ck them up pretty quickly.
Personal experience? haha

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 11:27 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
raytheotter wrote:
Personal experience? haha

Yep, and I was only doing the occasional tyre slide.

And I totally thought this was the street thread when I answerred so, sorry for being off topic haha

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 10:54 Quote
So the hubs got here along with the spokes from bombshell. The spokes are 15g so obviously 15g nipples, but nips are usually 14mm length and I can only find 12mm 15g nips, is this a big deal? Also want opinions on brass vs alloy

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 20:33 Quote
reid-vo wrote:
So the hubs got here along with the spokes from bombshell. The spokes are 15g so obviously 15g nipples, but nips are usually 14mm length and I can only find 12mm 15g nips, is this a big deal? Also want opinions on brass vs alloy

New to this thread, got sucked by a pic of a SR mini on page 78 or so.....

I have run both brass and Alu without any major issues and I have ripped the heads off both but brass is noticeably more durable. If you are not afraid of maintenance and truing your own wheels then Alu is noticeably lighter. Really IMO neither are bad, both have their strong points, the difference really depends on the builder and what you are willing to sacrifice.

That kind of makes it sound like a bigger difference than it is, I would doubt you could ever tell the difference in weight on a built wheel and if someone sticks a pedal in your wheel your going to loose spokes regardless.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 0:37 Quote
Brass, Brass, Brass and always Brass. Weight difference is negligible but durability of Brass is much better than Alloy. They don't round off as easily as alloy and just a wee bit stiffer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016032
Mobile Version of Website