Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
all my wheels are built with alloy nips lol, no issues

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 18:17 Quote
I've got a wheel set I have been running for almost 10 years that had Alu nipples and just rebuilt them. I pulled the heads off 2 or 3 over those years.

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
#comeracewithus
Located at Inter River Park by the Second Narrows Bridge in North Vancouver -
check it out at www.northshorebmx.com
Every Wednesday @ 7pm (Registration until 6:45) until Late September 2015 then moving to Saturday Morning at 11:am (reg until 10:45AM) or check out our Facebook page and join the created event for the night you want to race!
Practices every Friday night starting at 5:45 PM!
Free Waivers get you on the gate and one free race!
Free loaner bikes and helmets all wheel sizes accepted though
Bring long pants and gloves and get your race on!!
Fun friendly atmosphere for the whole family - literally 2 to 92!!

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 19:33 Quote
shaymus wrote:
#comeracewithus
Located at Inter River Park by the Second Narrows Bridge in North Vancouver -
check it out at www.northshorebmx.com
Every Wednesday @ 7pm (Registration until 6:45) until Late September 2015 then moving to Saturday Morning at 11:am (reg until 10:45AM) or check out our Facebook page and join the created event for the night you want to race!
Practices every Friday night starting at 5:45 PM!
Free Waivers get you on the gate and one free race!
Free loaner bikes and helmets all wheel sizes accepted though
Bring long pants and gloves and get your race on!!
Fun friendly atmosphere for the whole family - literally 2 to 92!!

I would definitely recommend racing at least once. I guess this is the wrong place to post that as if you have a race bike to post you probably have tried, or want to. The experience is pretty cool even if you don't like the format of basically being told when you can ride. I can see people not liking the whole "race thing" don't get me wrong, still one time. Just do it!

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 21:40 Quote
North Shore is a great track. I loved it years ago. And it's supposed to be even better now.

I was among the first riders to ever flip the gate there...... Lol. Myself Mischa P and Adam Muys all went on red. The gate didn't drop. Was hilarious actually.

Regardless, it's impressive to see it grow. There was two moto's when I raced there many years ago. All of the riders were different ages, it didn't look promising but now I see pictures of it and how much it's grown. It's impressive to say the least. Keep the great work up!!!! tup

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 2:06 Quote
Got back from worlds a couple of days ago and it was so rad. My first one so wasn't expecting much but came away with joint 51st in 17-24 cruiser. Not happy with the result but the whole experience was awesome Big Grin

Anyone else seen arguments on Graf's instagram? It's pretty entertaining lol

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 16:14 Quote
That's hilarious.

KY's butthurt, Betchers butthurt, Willers is definitely cool. Lol

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
Hopefully it's ok to ask here. Not too many bmx racing threads on pinkbike. Anyway, just got back into racing after 23 years. I'm extremely rusty and trying to get used to the 20 inch wheels again. I was thinking racing cruiser class (i'm 39), but I would have to race against experts and pros I believe and I want to start at novice or intermediate again. Sucks that cruiser is all one class like that because I felt good practicing on my DJ. But I ended up buying a 20 inch beginner race bike and feels super sketchy off jumps. I'm 6ft. 1 and the bike is a 21.25 tt 2010 Haro Pro XL plus. I'm thinking of buying a 2013 Intense Podium XLT XXL (21.5) but reading some "not so good reviews" on that bike. Are these bikes any good? I'm almost 200 pounds and will be hitting jumps when I get comfortable on the wheels again. And what tire pressures are you guys running? The vibration is taking away my confidence to clear doubles or triples. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 15:15 Quote
FSdesignify wrote:
Hopefully it's ok to ask here. Not too many bmx racing threads on pinkbike. Anyway, just got back into racing after 23 years. I'm extremely rusty and trying to get used to the 20 inch wheels again. I was thinking racing cruiser class (i'm 39), but I would have to race against experts and pros I believe and I want to start at novice or intermediate again. Sucks that cruiser is all one class like that because I felt good practicing on my DJ. But I ended up buying a 20 inch beginner race bike and feels super sketchy off jumps. I'm 6ft. 1 and the bike is a 21.25 tt 2010 Haro Pro XL plus. I'm thinking of buying a 2013 Intense Podium XLT XXL (21.5) but reading some "not so good reviews" on that bike. Are these bikes any good? I'm almost 200 pounds and will be hitting jumps when I get comfortable on the wheels again. And what tire pressures are you guys running? The vibration is taking away my confidence to clear doubles or triples. Thanks!
If you're racing Novice class then you can run cruiser or class bike. New for 2015.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 15:26 Quote
I've heard that aswell.

If it is spend on a cruiser. Practice like hell to get clmfortable again then give er.

On the other hand, Intense Podiums are nicer frames and probably better built than that of a Haro. I also believe 2013 was the last year Intense made a bmx frame.. Nothing wrong with them unless you throw your bike after every ride.

I always rode 90-100 psi,but it depends one what your track is like.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
guys are you sure I can race cruiser novice intermediate because I'm actually on my way driving on the freeway to pick up this bike right now lol

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 16:31 Quote
Race Cruiser with your DJ bike... thats what I do. few other guys do it too. ABA rules seems to allow it.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 16:55 Quote
Back in the day it would depend on the local track and how much they wanted the business. Most would bend the rules for local races but national events your out. I loved cruisers but there was only one class, I'd be on the gate next to fully sponsored riders. How fast can you lose a race? The gate would drop and I was done. I raced one national on a cruiser. Now there may actually be a national intermediate class but I'm not sure.

Local races are pretty slack in most places as long as things are kept competitive.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 21:58 Quote
Cruiser in open classes at nationals. So if there's enough guys it'll be a novice cruiser class.

I'm sure if you talked with the track operator they wouldn't have too big of an issue.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013312
Mobile Version of Website