Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 8:38 Quote
[Quote="DarrellW"]
Blablablup123 wrote:
reid-vo wrote:
This is pretty much it. If you've got a question, fire away

20" is faster, but if you're coming from 26" and up, 24" might be easier to start. 24" bikes are more stable and less crash-prone. On the other hand, they don't accelerate or corner as well, and they don't give you as much pump when you manual either.
Older guys tend to go for 24", so if you're planning on racing, check out the demographics.

And expect to suck. Some guys are unbelievably fast.

All in all, it's a very cheap sport with no mechanical issues whatsoever, and the skills will pay off in other disicplines.

24 inch would be an easier transition but if you can go 20 inch i would recommend this. You have more classes starting from novice, then intermediate, expert...and so on. In cruiser class (24in.) there is just one class for your age group. You're 19 so I believe you'll be racing 19-28 year old cruiser class. No novice or intermediate. Seems like everyone is just super faaast! You'll be mixed in with experts and I believe even pros. I had to race this class (19-28 20in.) not too long ago because there wasn't enough old guys in my class. All I did was eat everyones dust in the main. I'm lucky I even qualified. Anyway, I lost motivation for a while and that's what you don't want. Start in 20 inch novice so you can win some races or at least compete. It'll be so much funner!

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 6:37 Quote
Thank you very much for the answers guys!

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 7:03 Quote
I have here a Redline...I'd like some info if anyone can id it...
I've heard Mid 2000's as a guess, but there is no model/size on the bike...
SN starts with PL so guessing a ProLine. it is 20" 1/1/8 tires, Mini, Jr, Expert? no clue...
my Sons first Race Bike..Redline ProLine - No clue year or size really Ideas

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 22:11 Quote
Checking in/bringing this back from the dead. Local track, which also happens to be the only track here in Kentucky, is closed till mid july because they decided to put in a supercross hill. Even though I mostly just ride for fun and rarely race anymore, its pretty irritating. We don't have a need for an 8m hill and even the 3m they are putting in will look big to anyone new to the sport, plus all the jumps will have to be pretty big to handle sx speeds which will scare more people off(and maybe me too, I'm getting too old to break myself on big jumps). Anyone with experience with a sx track want to weigh in? Just looking to discuss with someone not from around here

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 2:29 Quote
I've ridden a couple of SX tracks, It's a completely different ballgame to your standard bmx track,

This is taken from Greg Hill's facebook:

If I see 1 more post about a track that's building a UCI SX track I am gonna lose it!

Why the hell are people buying into this BS?

Spending a ton of cash for a SX track that caters to 1% of the sport. Why not spend money on the 99% and grow this thing? Tracks are going bye bye, membership is on decline, National attendance is slowly declining and we're building SX tracks, WTF

If you disagree on any of this you DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING with our sport period!

Little Johnny, the newbs and the average enthusiast are who pays the bills not the few elite.

This is stupid at the highest level, people need to speak up!

I think he makes a very good point, my local track that I started on is very good for beginners, with small tabletops and the smaller double about a foot gap but also going up to 15 feet+
Now I wish my local track was a lot more challenging but I can't deny it's great for starting out and getting people into the sport

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 9:33 Quote
Ok this thread is dead, and needs love.

So all ya'll in the UK, what's the deal with British Cycling and Tre Whyte?
http://bmx.transworld.net/news/british-cycling-snubs-national-champion-tre-whyte-2/

I know that's super old news, but this thread needs life again.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
Also, my Redline Flight cranks keep coming loose (2 piece pinch bolt). Anybody know of a way to fix this, other than buying some Profiles?

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
Have you cleaned them and put threadlock on there?

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 9:49 Quote
Nah, I've never put any sort of threadlocker on my crank bolts. I'll give that a try!

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 10:50 Quote
Looking for suggestions as to what brake I should upgrade to. Riding some low end tektro that came on a stock bike I got a few years back and wanting something new. Nothing that brakes the bank (Pun intended) but equally nothing cheap/crap please Smile

Cheers in advance

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 2:27 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:

http://bmx.transworld.net/news/british-cycling-snubs-national-champion-tre-whyte-2/

to my knowledge he spoke out against british cycling/shane sutton when all that stuff came out when he (shane suntton) referred Paralympic cycling team “wobblies” and “gimps” apparently also made some pretty sexist remarks. its all political rubbish Tre is so good and should be in the team as much as anyone else.

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 5:07 Quote
mtbpkdude wrote:

Didn't see this before, but also BC really didn't like how he went out in 2014 and funded himself as he wasn't riding for BC at the time and he got 3rd. They basically didn't want that happening again as it makes BC look bad. They're really f*cking things up with british bmx at the moment, getting rid of nationals for under 9's by 2018 I think as well as cutting the number of riders in half that they send to worlds. A few other things are going on but basically they just really don't seem to like BMX

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 9:03 Quote
Damn.....and I thought USA Cycling was bad.

Fining Cam Zink for taking a piss in the woods was pretty bad though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018769
Mobile Version of Website