What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have?

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have?
Posted: Oct 18, 2013 at 12:54 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
Im running a Canon 6D with grip, 70-200mm f2.8 and a 24-105mm f4. the kit cost me around $5200 and the quality of everything is unreal. Full frame really shows its strengths after shooting a Nikon D300 for 4 years.

How are you finding your 6D? I switched to a 6D from 5D mk2 and am find the ISO ability such an advantage

Posted: Oct 18, 2013 at 13:06 Quote
somguy wrote:
DavidMcComb wrote:
Im running a Canon 6D with grip, 70-200mm f2.8 and a 24-105mm f4. the kit cost me around $5200 and the quality of everything is unreal. Full frame really shows its strengths after shooting a Nikon D300 for 4 years.

How are you finding your 6D? I switched to a 6D from 5D mk2 and am find the ISO ability such an advantage

I have no complaints yet! It is far better then the NIkon in my opinion the only thing i don't like is the shutter delay. The Nikon has a much more sensitive shutter button so it is tough to get the timing right on some tricks.

Posted: Oct 19, 2013 at 2:16 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
somguy wrote:
DavidMcComb wrote:

I have no complaints yet! It is far better then the NIkon in my opinion the only thing i don't like is the shutter delay. The Nikon has a much more sensitive shutter button so it is tough to get the timing right on some tricks.

What shutter delay?! I have noticed much yet. could be shutter blackout due to it's fps?

Posted: Oct 19, 2013 at 9:44 Quote
somguy wrote:
DavidMcComb wrote:
somguy wrote:

What shutter delay?! I have noticed much yet. could be shutter blackout due to it's fps?

No no, like you have to push the Canon shutter button harder then the Nikon. the Nikon is really sensitive and thats what im used to.

Posted: Oct 19, 2013 at 10:39 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
somguy wrote:
DavidMcComb wrote:

No no, like you have to push the Canon shutter button harder then the Nikon. the Nikon is really sensitive and thats what im used to.
uh no... Maybe your focus was off and the camera is trying to find a new point. It's not a compact, there's no delay, unless you have it set to a 2, 5, or 10 sec delay.

Posted: Oct 19, 2013 at 11:11 Quote
I think there is a miss understanding on what im trying to say. There is no camera fault at all. it is simply the design of the body. The way the actually shutter button sits on top of the body.

Posted: Oct 20, 2013 at 4:12 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
I think there is a miss understanding on what im trying to say. There is no camera fault at all. it is simply the design of the body. The way the actually shutter button sits on top of the body.

Oh i seeee... when you said shutter delay initially i was like.. Eek

Anyway, i gather some DSLRs do have a little shutter delay, but i've never noticed. Though i have only just started shooting action. I've never used a nikon so couldn't compare as you describe.
You have some cool images, nice work Camera

Posted: Oct 20, 2013 at 11:32 Quote
Thanks brotha I really appreciate that! I gotta say your latest batch of DH photos are unreal. The focus on them is impeccable! Are you shooting RAW or JPEG?

Posted: Oct 20, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:

agree.

I do find that most Nikons are a little quicker than canons, sans the 1 series.

Posted: Oct 28, 2013 at 10:42 Quote
DavidMcComb wrote:
Thanks brotha I really appreciate that! I gotta say your latest batch of DH photos are unreal. The focus on them is impeccable! Are you shooting RAW or JPEG?
Cheers buddy. I've mostly shot landscape since getting into photography so always shoot in RAW - essential to get us much information as possible from every shot. I use to ride a lot, and thought the other week that I NEED to start photographing some riding. Only been to one event but hope to shoot lots lots more over the next year or so Smile

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2013 at 0:42 Quote
Just bought a 17-40L and a B+W 10 stop ND filter last week. Haven't had a chance to use the filter yet but the lens is great for the price it cost! Reason I bought the two of them was because recently I purchased a rig for car shots, just need some time off work to be able to try them all out!

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 2:18 Quote
codak wrote:
Just bought a 17-40L and a B+W 10 stop ND filter last week. Haven't had a chance to use the filter yet but the lens is great for the price it cost! Reason I bought the two of them was because recently I purchased a rig for car shots, just need some time off work to be able to try them all out!
good choice. i love my 17-40. it's an amazing value lens. what are you planning to use the 10 stop for? i use lee filters a lot, and sometimes break out the 'big stopper' (lee 10 stop). unless it's very bright light though, the 10 stop is a bit much so i often use a 4 stop nd for long exposures... might be worth you getting one of these depending what your hoping to get with it exactly

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 5:21 Quote
calebreich wrote:
Hey,

What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have? Are they good? How much?
Im looking for a new one and I need some advice!!

Nikon D3100, plus additional flash gun Razz
Also, thanks for reminding me.. need to use my camera more..

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2013 at 20:28 Quote
somguy wrote:
codak wrote:
good choice. i love my 17-40. it's an amazing value lens. what are you planning to use the 10 stop for? i use lee filters a lot, and sometimes break out the 'big stopper' (lee 10 stop). unless it's very bright light though, the 10 stop is a bit much so i often use a 4 stop nd for long exposures... might be worth you getting one of these depending what your hoping to get with it exactly

I wanted to go with lee but they are hard to get a hold of here! I plan to do some rig shots for automotive photography. 10 might be too much but I'll find some sort of use for it. Shorter exposures at 2.8 will be okay with the 10 I think. shorter meaning like 10 seconds or so. I was waiting for my trigger releases to arrive before I tried out the filter. I just got my trigger trap wifi shutter cables. They are pretty neat, just connect them to your phone and you can use it remotely I have two smart phones so I can set one up as a slave and one as a master. I have yet to try that out though!

Posted: Nov 24, 2013 at 18:32 Quote
Canon 5D mk2
Canon 7D

8-15L f4
17-40L f4
24-105L f4
135L f2
70-200L f2.8
400L f5.6
Sigma 50mm 1.4

Sony RX1R
Sony A7R on pre-order
24-70 f4 on pre-order
55mm 1.8 on preorder
Zeiss Planar 50mm f2 ZM

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019126
Mobile Version of Website