What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have?

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have?
O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 13:09 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
That's a rad setup! Nice Flickr too.

I really want to simplify my gear kind of like you did, I just want to shoot one camera body with one lens for a few years. Not exactly sure what it'll be yet, I'm thinking about selling everything and buying a film Leica.

I'm definitely thinking about doing the same. I always seem to get some awesome shots with my iPhone when I don't have my gear with me which is frustrating. I worked out the 35mm equiv. of the iphone5s's lens and its about 33mm. So I've been thinking of getting a A7 with a nice compact 35mm that I can always keep on me. I just wish nikon would come out with a full-frame mirrorless already so I can use all my glass with AF.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 18:15 Quote
Rented an RX100 ii for a trip to Israel. Having something small with me that can take some high quality images was so unusual to me, but I loved it and am definitely going to get something along those lines. And the sony images, god damn.

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 15:29 Quote
Hello, what would be a good camera for taking photos and videos of people biking. Also that would be good as a normal camera for still shots when not much is moving. And I'm just starting out.
Thanks

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
I really like my Canon 600D, you can pick them up for a reasonable price and with practice get some quite pleasing results.

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
I really like my Canon 600D, you can pick them up for a reasonable price and with practice get some quite pleasing results.
sweet, thanks man! is there anything a bit cheaper you would recommend?

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 5:13 Quote
Well a 1200D is an option I guess, it's virtually identical when it comes to taking still photos. The difference comes when you get to video, the 1200D can only shoot 1080p in 25/30 fps which is great if you plan to keep everything full speed but you really can't slow it down very far.

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 5:15 Quote
I've only ever owned Canon so I really couldn't suggest anything from the likes of Sony or Nikon but I'm sure others in here could suggest similar cameras from those brands

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 6:13 Quote
My gears now are:

Canon 50d

Canon 17-40 F4
Canon 70-200 F4
Yongnuo 560-II Flash
Yongnuo Trigger No-TTL

in the future i will change to 7D (600 euro used in italy) or the dream 5D-II ( 900-1000 euro used in italy) or 70D (800 euro used in italy)

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Well a 1200D is an option I guess, it's virtually identical when it comes to taking still photos. The difference comes when you get to video, the 1200D can only shoot 1080p in 25/30 fps which is great if you plan to keep everything full speed but you really can't slow it down very far.
okay. Sweet, thanks again man! I really appreciate it!

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
So I've just brought my first what I'd called proper camera its a Sony dsc-H400 although it wasn't mega expensive it's got a good level of zoom and just over 20.1 mega pixels mainly brought because I like space and like to take pictures of various things moons clouds etc.. But I'm very new to photography of all kinds sports and nature my images are kind of shakey which Isnt gr8 just wondering if think it would be wise to invest in a remote of some type to avoid the shakeyness also I have a go pro

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
My current gear list:

Canon 7d
Canon 400mm f/5.6L
Canon 70-200mm f/4L
Canon 50mm f/1.8 with a reverse ring for macro
iNDURO tripod

I've also just ordered a Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 fisheye because I don't have any wide lenses and wanted something wide I could use until I can afford something a bit more practical.

I'm mostly into nature photography, but I really want to get more involved in bike photography!

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
I had a iNDURO tripod a few years ago with a matching head. I kinda miss it.

I'm using a Reis tripod nowadays, which is fantastic, but it's pretty freaking heavy.

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 17:59 Quote
My iNDURO tripod is fairly heavy as well, 9.3lbs for the tripod and ball head combo.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
Hello all. Currently I'm running a Canon 30D with a 17-85, a few 50mm lenses, one is a 1.4 and the other 1.8, a 70-300, and occasionally my mom's 24-70. It is a great setup. However, I want a camera that I can ride with and not worry about crashing and breaking.

So what is your opinion on a small (point and shoot-ish size) camera that I can throw in my camelbak, has good image quality, and preferably has a manual mode?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 13:51 Quote
aks2017 wrote:
Hello all. Currently I'm running a Canon 30D with a 17-85, a few 50mm lenses, one is a 1.4 and the other 1.8, a 70-300, and occasionally my mom's 24-70. It is a great setup. However, I want a camera that I can ride with and not worry about crashing and breaking.

So what is your opinion on a small (point and shoot-ish size) camera that I can throw in my camelbak, has good image quality, and preferably has a manual mode?

Thanks in advance.

Sony RX100

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017940
Mobile Version of Website