Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 1:46 Quote
dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
dougies wrote:

well, you are riding the knolly with a spring for someone around 13 odd stone..
still only running a small amount of compression low and high speed its about how i would run it with a 400 spring anyway.

you cant 'even out' having too stiff a spring by simply running less damping.

whyd you want to change? just trying something else? tr450 has a more linear leverage curve to the knolly which has quite a ramp in the last bit of travel. so apart from your fatboy spring that might be the sluggish feeling youre getting.
i want to change for the sake of changing might end up just getting a set of new forks instead though

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 2:51 Quote
Giant glory! End of......

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 6:43 Quote
its not been anouced yet but orange are in the process of designing a carbon frame most likely a five and a 29er

would be so sick

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 10:04 Quote
orange just realeased the 29er five called the four (only has 4" travel) also they realeased a 29er hardtail and carbon road bike.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 10:49 Quote
to be honest theyve dropped the travel to 4 but you might as well add another inch with those big wheels

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 10:52 Quote
the whole point is the extra 3" of wheel adds the 1" travel taken away from the shock/fork.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:11 Quote
whoo you calling a fat boy ya ginge

dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
dougies wrote:

well, you are riding the knolly with a spring for someone around 13 odd stone..
still only running a small amount of compression low and high speed its about how i would run it with a 400 spring anyway.

whyd you want to change? just trying something else? tr450 has a more linear leverage curve to the knolly which has quite a ramp in the last bit of travel. so apart from your fatboy spring that might be the sluggish feeling youre getting.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:38 Quote
demostug wrote:

dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

you missed out retard.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:58 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
demostug wrote:

dougies wrote:

you missed out retard.

the irony. wouldnt go calling people retards when you come out with comments that make you come across as someone with less technical knowledge than your average weekend warrior glentress fanatic

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
demostug wrote:

you missed out retard.

the irony. wouldnt go calling people retards when you come out with comments that make you come across as someone with less technical knowledge than your average weekend warrior glentress fanatic
atleast i can put my stem on the right way round though...

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 12:04 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

you missed out retard.

really, youre not helping yourself. flipping a stem to lower the front end isnt uncommon. wae you go

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 12:07 Quote
dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
dougies wrote:

really, youre not helping yourself. flipping a stem to lower the front end isnt uncommon. wae you go
but it was a 888 stem on 40's once again your a speesh

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 12:10 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

again,not uncommon, 888 stems can be used fine without mounting it to the crown if the steerer clamp has enough stack

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 12:22 Quote
dougies wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
dougies wrote:

again,not uncommon, 888 stems can be used fine without mounting it to the crown if the steerer clamp has enough stack

but you are special, you cant deny that

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.023175
Mobile Version of Website