Sask Riders

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Sask Riders
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 1:07 Quote
Thanks Mazekwon I guess anything is better than nothing,how far out of PA is Red River...?

wrt that roadie thing,been there done that and i REALLY don't want to go back there.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 15:20 Quote
It's honestly just across the river, like five minutes. Probably some of the most technical riding in the province.

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 8:16 Quote
catalyst99 wrote:
Thanks Mazekwon I guess anything is better than nothing,how far out of PA is Red River...?

wrt that roadie thing,been there done that and i REALLY don't want to go back there.
yeah no problem, "Anything is better than Nothing" is like the Saskatchewan Slogan so get used to it lol:P and it's pretty much inside the city, but it's got a decent grade and pretty tech stuff, sand, branches, roots, creeks so, as far as sask riding goes, it could be worse, alot worse.

photo

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 0:21 Quote
Awesome now to figure out where I'm staying and how far I am going to have to pedal nothing like some millage on a dirtjumper to build up your endurance.

LOL so much for moving to Canada and riding perfectly manicured north-shore trails I guess the word prairie should have been a dead giveway Big Grin

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 10:54 Quote
catalyst99 wrote:
Awesome now to figure out where I'm staying and how far I am going to have to pedal nothing like some millage on a dirtjumper to build up your endurance.

LOL so much for moving to Canada and riding perfectly manicured north-shore trails I guess the word prairie should have been a dead giveway Big Grin

the ride there won't be a problem really it is pretty flat (hence the prairies lol) except for like one BIG Hill/street once you get into town. so hopefully you won't have to pedal UP that on the way BACK.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 12:54 Quote
the hill would be a huge pain in the ass haha, just grab onto a truck or something on the way up and youll be fine =]

Posted: May 30, 2010 at 18:32 Quote
I'm from North Battleford, and here, we really have nothing for riders except a singletrack trail. The trails called PeeGee man, it's pree decent, but thats all we have.

Anyone know if theres any Dirt jumps near The battlefords? like in stoon or something.

Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 22:12 Quote
dude, theres like what, 4 spots in s'toon? different types of riding too. some technical and shaded, others are wide open and have a big starting hill and the other is enveloped with single track

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
Depending on what you're looking to ride, there's tons in Saskatoon. I've done 40km XC rides where the only pavement I've touched is crossing bridges. There's 2 decent public DJ spots in saskatoon, and countless others that aren't as well maintained. Blackstrap has a trail network that is better developed every month and Diefenbaker has IMO the best singletrack in the city, although the construction is quickly wiping that out. It's all about just coming to the city and stopping by one of the shops where we'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction or even take you to some spots.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 6:51 Quote
nice, i'll stop by spoke n' sport or something. i'll have to find some dj's, im in need of some airtime.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 20:56 Quote
Just to save people the time of driving out there, Villa is an absolute swamp right now. It needs atleast another week of drying time.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 6:24 Quote
all that rain....friggg. ah well, I'm buildin a few dj's and a trail on sat with a bunch of people.

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
faack, i wanna ride villa Cry

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 20:27 Quote
yea we could probably head out there with a pump to speed up the process

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 17:03 Quote
I am new into saskatoon for the next 3 months... I hope to have my bike here in the next week or so... is there anybody in saskatoon that rides dirt jumps?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014787
Mobile Version of Website