Marzocchi bomber DJ 1 DJ 2 DJ3

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi bomber DJ 1 DJ 2 DJ3
Posted: Jul 18, 2013 at 13:04 Quote
GREMLlN wrote:
riotron wrote:
are you guys hearing weird clicking sounds on your marz?

Yeah I am, It's really irritating.

although there is nothing wrong with the suspension, i think it's the coil hitting the top tube. Still using in big doubles.

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
I'm just starting out into dirt jumping. Got a bike, and already learned what I don't like, so am replacing parts. And it's fork time.
I'm 6'2", and 200 pounds. And was looking at 2013 dj2's, but I can also get a great deal on 2014 dj3's. And light to shed would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 16:53 Quote
I've rode a 2013 dj3 and my much older dj1 felt so much better... More than the dj3 could ever dream of

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 18:13 Quote
If you still ride the bike in your profile, I would definitely not get a dj 2 or a dj 3. Neither of those forks will perform significantly better than your current one, and IMO it just isn't worth it. If you really want to upgrade your fork then save up and get a manitou circus. It has the best weight and performance for the price.

However, why not just ride what you have for now, and then in a few months upgrade to a better bike? What exactly do you not like about the fork.

Posted: Jul 22, 2014 at 3:11 Quote
My issue with the current spinner ammo tht I have, is they seem to bottom out, and are clunky. Also they see pretty heavy for what they are. I am in the works of building a full bike. But I will do most of that in the winter.

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
Just rebuilt my '07 DJ2's with a set of DJ4 lowers, didn't have 7.5wt oil so I used 10wt instead and put 50ml in each leg as recommended on the Marzocchi website and I put everything back together in the same order as it came apart but now the fork has the worst top out sound ever. Even just pulling up for manuals there's a horrible clunk. Any ideas what it is? Do I need more oil?

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 12:07 Quote
Question on 2013 DJ3 servicing. I recently got a used 2013 NS Metropolis 2 and I want to replace the seals on the DJ3. I have the seals at home but I cannot find a good tutorial on what I need or how to do the service. I've seen that the 2013 DJ3 uses grease but does that mean I just rub fresh automotive lubricant grease on the inner springs? Just want to make sure I have everything right before i get in there.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 8:53 Quote
Hey guys, I have a DJ fork but it's really confusing to identify, any help?
2009 Marzocchi dj3 Fork

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Looks like a 2008 DJ1. If you go on Marzocchi's website you can look up forks by model year and see pictures and specs on them.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 11:57 Quote
I did lol it's like a mix of DJ1 and 2. I'm trying to find how much I should sell it

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
Oh haha my bad. And wow I missed that the stanchions color is not DJ1. So its like DJ2 uppers and DJ1 lowers, weird. Anyway it looks like the only difference between DJ1 and DJ2 is that DJ1=alloy stanchions and steerer and DJ2=steel stanchions and steerer so I'd call it a DJ2. I wouldn't know how much to sell for though.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
can you lower any DJ1 from 2012 0nwards to 80mm

Posted: Jan 13, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
ginged26dj wrote:
can you lower any DJ1 from 2012 0nwards to 80mm

I'm almost positive you can. You just put a spacer on the rebound cartridge.

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 0:08 Quote
So I got 2012 dj1 that I that I've been running at 70 psi for almost 6 months over the last couple the suspensions been getting softer though. I finally got a suspension pump and it was at 0psi I put it to the recommended 15 psi and it felt super soft so I went back up to the 70 I originally ran had a couple rides on it with no issues. I've been recommended to service them which I plan on doing when I have the extra cash fairly soon. But do you guys think I can get away with running 70 psi in them without causing permanent damage?

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 0:11 Quote
kr33 wrote:
So I got 2012 dj1 that I that I've been running at 70 psi for almost 6 months over the last couple the suspensions been getting softer though. I finally got a suspension pump and it was at 0psi I put it to the recommended 15 psi and it felt super soft so I went back up to the 70 I originally ran had a couple rides on it with no issues. I've been recommended to service them which I plan on doing when I have the extra cash fairly soon. But do you guys think I can get away with running 70 psi in them without causing permanent damage?
dude, I run mine at 200psi and it never deflates :p the higher you pump, the less it decreases. 200psi seems to be the max though, I activated the pressure release valve the one time I pumped over 200

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010375
Mobile Version of Website