Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
gramboh wrote:
What's the general progression of difficulty at Fromme? I'm an intermediate, have ridden Bobsled, Floppy, Expresso, 7th Secret, Leppard, Crinkum, Kirkford and Griffen without any problems other than the big rock roll on Expresso and missing some of the tighter switchbacks here and there.

Thinking Pipeline, Crippler and Oilcan would be the next ones to try?

Yep start out with pipeline, once dialed then do oil can to crippler. Then do ladies to the big stupid if you're comfortable with the other black diamond trails. Take your time and build your skills.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
What's the general progression of difficulty at Fromme? I'm an intermediate, have ridden Bobsled, Floppy, Expresso, 7th Secret, Leppard, Crinkum, Kirkford and Griffen without any problems other than the big rock roll on Expresso and missing some of the tighter switchbacks here and there.

Yep start out with pipeline, once dialed then do oil can to crippler. Then do ladies to the big stupid if you're comfortable with the other black diamond trails. Take your time and build your skills.

Thanks dude. Thinking of doing a Fromme day this weekend so I can out that plan without the pressure of limited day light of night rides... but it's always so tempting to go ride Squamish on the weekend Smile .

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2014 at 13:09 Quote
Looking for someone to ride with this weekend, north shore or dirt jumps. PM me.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
gramboh wrote:
sushifor2 wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Thanks dude. Thinking of doing a Fromme day this weekend so I can out that plan without the pressure of limited day light of night rides... but it's always so tempting to go ride Squamish on the weekend Smile .
Just done Pile of Rocks to lower Oilcan to lower Crippler 2 days ago, think the pile is super fun, and so is Oilcan, yet both reasonably easy, somewhat a good step up from Expresso. Crippler seemed quite a bit harder though, mostly 'cos it was quite wet, but still a noticeable step up.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 22:45 Quote
So guys, I was thinking about exploring some more of Fromme now that I've got a XC bike. Is any of the stuff around Grouse quite rideable? Or anything interesting really past 7th secret, or that loamer a switchback higher?

There seems to be this "Jet Boy" trail up there, apparently pretty steep, but I can't find much about it. Also, I've found some old maps showing Dreamweaver going all the way up to Grouse, which could be a nice long ride afterwards. And Strava shows some trails on the actual Fromme peak, if anyone fancies enlightening me on the topic, I'd love to know more about my backyard! Smile

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 at 23:58 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
So guys, I was thinking about exploring some more of Fromme now that I've got a XC bike. Is any of the stuff around Grouse quite rideable? Or anything interesting really past 7th secret, or that loamer a switchback higher?

There seems to be this "Jet Boy" trail up there, apparently pretty steep, but I can't find much about it. Also, I've found some old maps showing Dreamweaver going all the way up to Grouse, which could be a nice long ride afterwards. And Strava shows some trails on the actual Fromme peak, if anyone fancies enlightening me on the topic, I'd love to know more about my backyard! Smile

jet boy jet girl is pretty steep and from what I've heard not worth the climb... but don't quote me on it as I've never ridden it. theres a lot of pretty sweet trails up past 7th which technically don't exist and sadly you're gonna have to do the same as the rest of us and do a bit of exploring Smile

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 0:31 Quote
shoby1998 wrote:
jet boy jet girl is pretty steep and from what I've heard not worth the climb... but don't quote me on it as I've never ridden it. theres a lot of pretty sweet trails up past 7th which technically don't exist and sadly you're gonna have to do the same as the rest of us and do a bit of exploring Smile
Thanks, that's more than helpful, just knowing something's up there is what I needed Wink Actually I thought there'd be some sanctioned trails by looking at some older maps, but I suppose they'd be decomissionned (spelling?!) by now :-/

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 1:12 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
shoby1998 wrote:
Thanks, that's more than helpful, just knowing something's up there is what I needed Wink Actually I thought there'd be some sanctioned trails by looking at some older maps, but I suppose they'd be decomissionned (spelling?!) by now :-/

yeah I did the same thing that you did and all the old trails seemed to be decommissioned

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 14:59 Quote
Does anybody have some footage or pictures of jetboy/jetgirl? I'm interested in seeing what it's like

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 13:37 Quote
i-anac wrote:
Does anybody have some footage or pictures of jetboy/jetgirl? I'm interested in seeing what it's like

http://www.trailforks.com/video/101/

These guys are on cross country bikes, but you get the general idea of the terrain. It isn't really maintained, because every time someone builds there it gets torn down immediately.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 14:26 Quote
Actually looks like an interesting trail, but the 2hr ride probably ain't worth it :-/

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 1:11 Quote
not sure if you guys are aware but mt fromme is getting a parking lot. It's about damn time.

http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?a=4660

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 9:37 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
not sure if you guys are aware but mt fromme is getting a parking lot. It's about damn time.

So the only thing I can say about this is AWESOME and DONT SCREW IT UP PEOPLE!!! Let's keep fires, parties or broken beer bottles away from this zone so that the microscopic reporting eye of the environMENTAList frog types have nothing to say about it. There is no question this has been a solution in the works for many years and I'd like to thank Mark Wood and the NSMBA for their dedication to this project.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 10:12 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:

It looks like that parking lot is going to take out the start of natural high. I hope it doesn't take out the swivel-totter

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 12:39 Quote
erikwyattatmedotcom wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

So the only thing I can say about this is AWESOME and DONT SCREW IT UP PEOPLE!!! Let's keep fires, parties or broken beer bottles away from this zone so that the microscopic reporting eye of the environMENTAList efrog types have nothing to say about it. There is no question this has been a solution in the works for many years and I'd like to thank Mark Wood and the NSMBA for their dedication to this project.

Ya I can't wait. Mt fromme is my favourite local spot but I stopped going because of the 2 hour parking limit. Hopefully people keep it clean

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015052
Mobile Version of Website