Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
So the 'local's guide to the north shore' is pretty much the best option out there eh?

Just checking. I was curious to know if there was anything else out there.

I was up on Fromme just today... tacky so it was good. Although I'm getting fed up with having to climb like a slave to get to anything. Need to change it up.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 15:19 Quote
It really is the best thing out there. There are some good trail apps for your phone but for other areas nearby. I am keen to shuttle but generally only available at night or weekends.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 19:37 Quote
chrisrobin wrote:
So the 'local's guide to the north shore' is pretty much the best option out there eh?

Just checking. I was curious to know if there was anything else out there.

If you have a pretty good base knowledge of the shape of the mountain, also check out the Strava heat maps. They have everything on there, just no description of the trails.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 17:32 Quote
Views: 2,253    Faves: 11    Comments: 10

a video i shot on Expresso hope you enjoy! Smile

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 12:11 Quote
Anyone riding cypress today??

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
What's going on with the trails by the seymour river? I saw photos of the water being higher than twin bridges. Is bottletop, circuit 8, bridle path, etc. affected?

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 23:03 Quote
illerminaty wrote:
What's going on with the trails by the seymour river? I saw photos of the water being higher than twin bridges. Is bottletop, circuit 8, bridle path, etc. affected?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=388757624632227&id=358432360998087

Here's some info from Matt Bond.

To sum it up

Fishermans, BottleTop closed. Baden Powell looks to be open and I believe Bridle has been re opened because it is out of the water zone.

The big bridge is being removed due to the fact that it's underwater and likely will remain so permenantly (AKA there is a new lake and water levels will remain what they are right now).

Baden Powell crossing over Seymour river is still a viable option although there are stairs so use caution and yield to hikers.

DON'T RIDE BOTTLETOP UNTIL THEY REOPEN IT OR METRO VAN WILL DECOMMISSION IT PERMENANTLY. No one wants that to happen. If we respect the closure the idea is that NSMBA will be aloud to reroute the bottom away from the flood area.

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 23:38 Quote
Also according to Matt Bond 50 people rode it today alone. It's closed people go somewhere else.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 15:47 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/391576/

Bobsled edit! Go check it out if you have the chance

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 16:39 Quote
sushifor2 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/391576/

Bobsled edit! Go check it out if you have the chance

awesome. Bobsled is prime

Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 16:47 Quote
Anyone interested in doing weekday morning shuttles on Cypress? My vehicle carries 2 bikes and 2 people.
Sort of an uncommon time for riding, but shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 11:10 Quote
Anyone up for driving retrieval on cypress? I got room for 3 more

Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
I went up fromme today and saw that they had cleared a whole bunch at the water towers. The entrance to Natural high is completely gone. Any idea what they plan to do with that trail or what the clearing is for? Also, is the swivel totter still there?

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
bigmaq wrote:
I went up fromme today and saw that they had cleared a whole bunch at the water towers. The entrance to Natural high is completely gone. Any idea what they plan to do with that trail or what the clearing is for? Also, is the swivel totter still there?

The clearing is to make way for a parking lot, to be ready for spring 2015. I'm not sure about Natural High... Maybe the TH will just be moved back a bit?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012301
Mobile Version of Website