Posted: May 24, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
TheSpangler wrote:
hellionflyer wrote:
Anyone?

Where you thinking of shuttling?

Seymour or cypress

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 23:12 Quote
Hey everyone,

I'm visiting from the okanagan and am looking for someone to shuttle Seymour with Tuesday or Wednesday evening. I've never ridden the North Shore and am really excited to do so. I'd say I ride at an intermediate skill level.

Anyone interested?

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 10:53 Quote
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about riding cypress. Has anyone ever heard of people getting in trouble for trespassing on the British Properties service roads or the trails that have large no trespassing signs at the entrances?

My girlfriend and I went riding there and we're concerned that it is actually a possibility because that the British Properties owns the land and has made it clear that they don't want people riding on it by posting those signs.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96462_01#section3

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 11:08 Quote
I have not heard of anyone getting in trouble specifically but if anything is privately owned it is not out of the realm of possibility. In my view I would try and stay out of private land to avoid causing tension on the muntain for yourself and other riders.

T-ROB wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about riding cypress. Has anyone ever heard of people getting in trouble for trespassing on the British Properties service roads or the trails that have large no trespassing signs at the entrances?

My girlfriend and I went riding there and we're concerned that it is actually a possibility because that the British Properties owns the land and has made it clear that they don't want people riding on it by posting those signs.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96462_01#section3

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 14:31 Quote
T-ROB wrote:
Hi Guys,

All of the MTB trails on Cypress have those signs posted at the entrance and exit. They serve as an exclusion of liability for British Pacific Properties.

If you chose to ride the trails, you do so at your own risk, but you will not get in trouble for trespassing.

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 20:19 Quote
Lazy research but hoping for some advice from the authorities in this thread. What reasonably priced hotel in the area would be recommended with the primary focus of being close to a trail head where I could string together an hour or so loop and what would the trail sequence recommendation be with an all mountain xc focus. Also to be safe : Intermediate level hardtail xc rider.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 20:45 Quote
rbbs wrote:
Lazy research but hoping for some advice from the authorities in this thread. What reasonably priced hotel in the area would be recommended with the primary focus of being close to a trail head where I could string together an hour or so loop and what would the trail sequence recommendation be with an all mountain xc focus. Also to be safe : Intermediate level hardtail xc rider.

I really want to help you out, give some pointers, but I don't want to support laziness -- it happens on all these threads way too often. Search this thread, use google, do a little hotel research, then share what you find -- ask some specific questions and give us something to work with (other than staying close to the trailhead), and then it gives us a lot more to help you with. As a bonus to you, since you've invested a little more into the trip, you'll probably get more out of it, in return (and have a better idea of what you want to ride).

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 22:14 Quote
rbbs wrote:

Stay at the Victorian Hotel downtown Vancouver. Cheap and healthy all you can eat breakfast included.. Walk 50ft from the hotel and take one bus from there to Endless bikes. Rent one of their AM or DH bikes(call ahead to reserve). Either ride straight out from there to Lynn Valley trails or take the Mountain Hwy bus up to Fromme. It's worth it to ride all the way up to Seventh but if you're time limited and just want a taste ride up to Bobsled and head back.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 3:32 Quote
Hi guys!

I am a passionate french rider and in one month I am coming in Van' to live and study in for at least one year. Before my studies began I got two months to enjoy the more I can BC's trails. I'll be alone so it would be a pleasure if some of you guy's are Ok to share the ride with me!

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 16:15 Quote
Shoot me a message man!

chapmanchap wrote:
Hi guys!

I am a passionate french rider and in one month I am coming in Van' to live and study in for at least one year. Before my studies began I got two months to enjoy the more I can BC's trails. I'll be alone so it would be a pleasure if some of you guy's are Ok to share the ride with me!

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 17:06 Quote
chapmanchap wrote:
Hi guys!

Cheers

PM me. I'm French too and riding the shore. Happy to show you some trails and pubs too!
Cheers

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 13:13 Quote
Me and 1 friend are heading up to Whistler from Bellingham tomorrow, we're looking to do some shuttling somewhere in either the North Shore or Squamish on Tuesday the 7th. Anybody down?

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 16:25 Quote
If anyone needs a pick-up car for shuttle runs at cypress/fromme/seymour in the next few days message me.

Also, assuming I don't find a shuttle, how painful is climbing up cypress for laps? Is there a trail option or just the road?

I climbed up Seymour 4 times today and if i do this every day I'm going to get burnt out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015651
Mobile Version of Website