Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
I think I did the perfect Seymour loop today for anyone who just has one day on the north shore. I'll post it for future searches.

Start at Hyannis point, climb up to Slippery Salamander, connect from there to Sticks and Stones, when you pass over Bridal Path on Sticks and Stones jump onto the climbing trail and take Academy Climb, Rapid Transit, RTC, Penny Lane and Good Sir Martin. Take Boogieman to Empress down.

Now go to the Old Buck lot and catch a cab up to the top of CBC ($25 with tip). Take CBC to Cabin, finish Cabin and do a quick hike to the top of Corkscrew. Connect to Salvation (awesome trail) straight onto Pingu to Pangor. Go back along Bridal to Old Buck, climb up to Severed and ride that down and then take Bridal to Highschool League back to start. In my opinion you see almost all of the best of Seymour with that in less than 5 hours.

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 19:23 Quote
eragotte wrote:
I think I did the perfect Seymour loop today for anyone who just has one day on the north shore. I'll post it for future searches.

Start at Hyannis point, climb up to Slippery Salamander, connect from there to Sticks and Stones, when you pass over Bridal Path on Sticks and Stones jump onto the climbing trail and take Academy Climb, Rapid Transit, RTC, Penny Lane and Good Sir Martin. Take Boogieman to Empress down.

Now go to the Old Buck lot and catch a cab up to the top of CBC ($25 with tip). Take CBC to Cabin, finish Cabin and do a quick hike to the top of Corkscrew. Connect to Salvation (awesome trail) straight onto Pingu to Pangor. Go back along Bridal to Old Buck, climb up to Severed and ride that down and then take Bridal to Highschool League back to start. In my opinion you see almost all of the best of Seymour with that in less than 5 hours.

As much as that does sound like a long fun ride, the part of cbc cabin corkscrew pingu pangor is definitely not worth paying 25$ for a cab.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 22:29 Quote
B-Rain wrote:

As much as that does sound like a long fun ride, the part of cbc cabin corkscrew pingu pangor is definitely not worth paying 25$ for a cab.

If you only have one day and live a $1000 flight away it is haha

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 22:33 Quote
It's probably pretty easy to get a lift up with someone else.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
Anyone want to do cypress or seymour shuttles tomorrow?
Riding a DH bike, skilled rider.
My car can fit my bike and one other. but myelf and 4 others if youve got truck.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 5:20 Quote
Anyone want to shuttle on Friday/sat? I can only offer up gas money atm but hopefully will buy a truck in September. I'd say I'm an intermediate rider.

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 10:35 Quote
expat-taff wrote:
Anyone want to shuttle on Friday/sat? I can only offer up gas money atm but hopefully will buy a truck in September. I'd say I'm an intermediate rider.

Also an intermediate with a DH bike. Can't shuttle this weekend but keep me in mind in the future, although my car can only take two bikes so it helps if someone has a truck in the group. I know my way around Seymour but haven't been to Cypress yet.

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
gramboh wrote:
expat-taff wrote:

Also an intermediate with a DH bike. Can't shuttle this weekend but keep me in mind in the future, although my car can only take two bikes so it helps if someone has a truck in the group. I know my way around Seymour but haven't been to Cypress yet.

Cheers gramboh,

I'm actually not around until 3rd week of Sept as of Sunday but I'll drop you a line when I get back.

Thanks

Posted: Aug 22, 2015 at 13:30 Quote
I'm in from Calgary and would like to ride Cypress but came with my gf who doesn't ride. So I'm hoping to find a couple people that want to ride tmrw (Sun 23) that can either shuttle or have they're license. I'm a skilled rider with a dh bike. Let me know ASAP please.

Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 21:45 Quote
Im in town for 2 days and will be hitting up Fromme. Any loops that anyone recommends? Could do about a 3hr ride and can ride pretty well anything other then gap jumps. Looking to get a good taste of the shore. Also which parking lot is best to start at? We will be riding up. Ive heard just go all the way to kirkford and go from there? Any suggestions would be great!

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 13:56 Quote
dittohead77 wrote:
Im in town for 2 days and will be hitting up Fromme. Any loops that anyone recommends? Could do about a 3hr ride and can ride pretty well anything other then gap jumps. Looking to get a good taste of the shore. Also which parking lot is best to start at? We will be riding up. Ive heard just go all the way to kirkford and go from there? Any suggestions would be great!

7th Secret -> Leopard -> Crinkum Crankum -> Kirkford -> Griffin is a pretty good top to bottom, park down on Coleman off Mtn Highway and pedal up. You can also go left at the bottom of 7th and try Expresso or Pipeline and down Pennzoil out the bottom. Those are the easier single blacks, it goes up from there, see trailforks.com for map needs.

The new parking lot is only good if you plan on ending your ride off Baden Powell or the lower trails, otherwise you'll have to pedal up a steep road to get back to your car. Also keep in mind the parking lot closes at 8pm (they tow cars).

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 14:58 Quote
gramboh wrote:
dittohead77 wrote:

7th Secret -> Leopard -> Crinkum Crankum -> Kirkford -> Griffin is a pretty good top to bottom, park down on Coleman off Mtn Highway and pedal up. You can also go left at the bottom of 7th and try Expresso or Pipeline and down Pennzoil out the bottom. Those are the easier single blacks, it goes up from there, see trailforks.com for map needs.

The new parking lot is only good if you plan on ending your ride off Baden Powell or the lower trails, otherwise you'll have to pedal up a steep road to get back to your car. Also keep in mind the parking lot closes at 8pm (they tow cars).

+1 for that 7th lap. If you can still go after, back up and ride either Ladies Only, Lower Oilcan or Expresso (hardest to easiest).

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
We ended up poking around and did krinkum/kirkford first then back up and rode ladies and lower ladies (thats a tough trail) then back up for a quick blast down floppy bunny. Ended up going over to burnaby mtn after for a rip down gear jammer. Was a hell of a day of riding for me since i havent been on a bike in 2 months. Gonna come back soon since im on the island so not far away.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 20:12 Quote
Hey guys, im off Sunday and Monday, any one up for showing me some trails?

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
Hey guys I'm visiting family in Vancouver and I'll be renting a bike from endless biking for the 9th and 10th of September. I'm looking for locals to ride with, let me know if you're up for an extra riding buddy! Smile
FYI I'm 20 years old and competent, I used to downhill quite a bit and now just all mountain.

Cheers!
Cedric

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018218
Mobile Version of Website