Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 8:21 Quote
I'm somewhat new to the shore too. Moved to van in January. Def found the shore confusing at first, especially Seymour. Getting to good sir Martin from Hyannis parking was an exercise in frustration. But you figure it out pretty quick. Group rides def helped. But fun to explore around solo too. Welcome to van!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 15:34 Quote
LulikZ wrote:
decided to do Seymour today to see CBC... idiot went pedaling from Lonsdale all the way up the road to the entry for cbc. God that was a long climb...

was quite wet and slippery tho. I should donate to a couple of churches that the gods have let me kept my collar bones intact xD

here is hoping to a nice day tomorrow :/

Holy crap that's a long ride, hope you pumped your tires and locked your shock out for that. In my opinion, it's not worth climbing any hire than Corkscrew, or even Dale's, on Seymour. You can try and catch a shuttle from the Old Buck lot if people have an extra spot. You can also take your bike on the city bus.

I rode Fromme for the first time in a while last night. Just Floppy Bunny, Pipeline and Griffin. Trails are in great shape, cool to see some new woodwork going in on Pipeline as well as I hadn't ridden it since last fall.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 13:26 Quote
any chicks out there that feel like showing someone new to town where to ride? weekend warrior unless you finish work early enough and are up for late afternoon rides?

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 20:54 Quote
Going to be in Van for a day and I would like to get some riding in. I have never ridden North Van so I was wondering if anyone had an intermediate loop suggestion. I will be on my trail bike.

Thanks for any help!!

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
gramboh wrote:
LulikZ wrote:
decided to do Seymour today to see CBC... idiot went pedaling from Lonsdale all the way up the road to the entry for cbc. God that was a long climb...

was quite wet and slippery tho. I should donate to a couple of churches that the gods have let me kept my collar bones intact xD

Holy crap that's a long ride, hope you pumped your tires and locked your shock out for that. In my opinion, it's not worth climbing any hire than Corkscrew, or even Dale's, on Seymour. You can try and catch a shuttle from the Old Buck lot if people have an extra spot. You can also take your bike on the city bus.

I rode Fromme for the first time in a while last night. Just Floppy Bunny, Pipeline and Griffin. Trails are in great shape, cool to see some new woodwork going in on Pipeline as well as I hadn't ridden it since last fall.

Yeah next time it's definitely shuttle or bus at least till the foot of the mountain Big Grin

Grubs - go Fromme. Floppy, pipeline, espreso, ladies. All fun trails Big Grin

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 11:21 Quote
LulikZ wrote:
gramboh wrote:
LulikZ wrote:

Yeah next time it's definitely shuttle or bus at least till the foot of the mountain Big Grin

Grubs - go Fromme. Floppy, pipeline, espreso, ladies. All fun trails Big Grin

Thanks!! I'll check it out!

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Grubs wrote:
Going to be in Van for a day and I would like to get some riding in. I have never ridden North Van so I was wondering if anyone had an intermediate loop suggestion. I will be on my trail bike.

Thanks for any help!!

Couple suggestions (use Trailforks app/website, there's cell coverage in both areas)

Mt. Fromme:
Park in the water towers lot. Pedal up Mountain Highway fire road, if you want a quick warm-up lap check out Floppy Bunny (recent trail work so it's buff, marked black diamond it's intermediate). After that pedal up to Expresso which is one of the classic intermediate lines. If you want more rock/wood north shore tech you could try Pipeline which is the next step up in difficulty. Both those trails require a short traverse back to the lot on the Baden Powell trail. If you want something longer you can pedal to the very top and ride 7th Secret -> Leppard -> Crinkum -> Kirkford -> Griffin, very fun to link those up and I would say an intermediate could ride them all.

Mt. Seymour:
Park at Old Buck lot. Pedal up Old Buck to Baden Powell. Follow BP up to Mushroom trail to Dale's. Ride Dale's (upper = flow berms, lower = technical, you might walk some obstacle) into Forever After. Traverse on Bridal Path to R&R climb/C-Buster/Penny Lane/GSM climb. Drop into John Deere, from there ride Bridal Path over to Empress Bypass back to your car.

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 0:56 Quote
I Found a pair of glasses near Ned's gap on mount Seymour today in case someone on here is looking for them

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 8:00 Quote
Hi guys,
I`m new to Vancouver and looking for riding buddy to explore trails at mount Seymour and Fromme. I only have a DH bike so I do not pedal =) I`ll appreciate any help or advise.
Anton.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 17:10 Quote
creepingdeath wrote:
Hi guys,
I`m new to Vancouver and looking for riding buddy to explore trails at mount Seymour and Fromme. I only have a DH bike so I do not pedal =) I`ll appreciate any help or advise.
Anton.

You should just go to Fromme and Seymour parking lots and ask guys to tag along. Flashing gas money for shuttles is acceptable as well.

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 22:01 Quote
Last chance to ride Sex Boy & Shore Play

Site preparation for Area 6 was passed by DWV on Monday. It's taken 8 years, but it's time to say goodbye to the sections of Sex Boy and Shore Play below Fern Trail.

The scheduled closure dates are:

Shore Play - Monday August 22
Sex Boy - Monday September 26

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 23:47 Quote
AlanB14 wrote:
Last chance to ride Sex Boy & Shore Play

Site preparation for Area 6 was passed by DWV on Monday. It's taken 8 years, but it's time to say goodbye to the sections of Sex Boy and Shore Play below Fern Trail.

The scheduled closure dates are:

Shore Play - Monday August 22
Sex Boy - Monday September 26
disappointing. thanks for the heads up

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 0:11 Quote
Well there goes my very favourite trail on the shore Frown And I can't even ride it for the last time..

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
Well there goes my very favourite trail on the shore Frown And I can't even ride it for the last time..

The top half is staying open. Enjoy it and take the new connector to Sex Girl.

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 16:21 Quote
Anyone want to ride tomorrow? I'm from edmonton and I've only ridden fromme. I usually hit up the blue runs cause I'm slow and outta shape haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037902
Mobile Version of Website