Post your Transition Double's

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Post your Transition Double's
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 at 23:53 Quote
jberg18 wrote:
transition double
That is absolutely ridiculously sick. Faved.

gaaaaaaaaaaaa! Drool

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
I am getting some play in the rear end on my 2011 Double. Everything seems tight, but still play? Any thoughts about what I can do?

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 13:48 Quote
rockyflowtbay wrote:
I am getting some play in the rear end on my 2011 Double. Everything seems tight, but still play? Any thoughts about what I can do?

The bolt that holds the rear of the shock on has always given me problems. I (way over)tighten it and use Loctite and it will be good for a while and work loose again. Transition said to crank that bolt as tight as you can, so I've been doing that and it has worked.

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 14:54 Quote
Boyk1182 wrote:
rockyflowtbay wrote:

The bolt that holds the rear of the shock on has always given me problems. I (way over)tighten it and use Loctite and it will be good for a while and work loose again. Transition said to crank that bolt as tight as you can, so I've been doing that and it has worked.

Ya, that was the problem...thanks....ill keep my eye on that

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 23:48 Quote
So my dub was stolen. Got it back. Now, all of a sudden I have play. I cranked it super hard but the guy who jacked it must have ridden it a bit. Bolts pretty striped. Think I should replace the shock bushing? Any other suggestions?

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 0:07 Quote
Circes wrote:
So my dub was stolen. Got it back. Now, all of a sudden I have play. I cranked it super hard but the guy who jacked it must have ridden it a bit. Bolts pretty striped. Think I should replace the shock bushing? Any other suggestions?

Try a new bolt, they're only a few bucks. Or yea, the bushing could be the only other thing (assuming it is that link that is giving it play). I'd bet it's the bolt though, like I said above I've had problems with mine a couple times and the bike's only a few months old...

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 15:43 Quote
new bike
My double i finished building a few months a go...

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 16:14 Quote
I like accessorizing but I kind of hate it when all the matching bits aren't the same color. To many different blues for my taste.

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 21:09 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381001_2811993093158_1058694199_33076614_1178137288_n.jpgsemi-relevant, friends photo of another friend on a transition double

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 6:53 Quote
Zulu1-1 wrote:
new bike
My double i finished building a few months a go...

spec is amazing. colours let it down. still super nice though. You cant see all the blues when it's muddy...

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 3:22 Quote
Grave dig much.

Double owners, how high can you put the seat up? I want a bike to handle everything between 4X and XC (not XC race, just something that can climb). I know for one of these types of bikes Ill need to put a THomson layback post in reverse to offset the slack seat angle. Can someone upload a photo with a seatpost at full extension and some comments on how it climbs? Im 6ft by the way, and am considering an Intense Tazer VP as well.

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
shoxxer wrote:
Grave dig much.

Double owners, how high can you put the seat up? I want a bike to handle everything between 4X and XC (not XC race, just something that can climb). I know for one of these types of bikes Ill need to put a THomson layback post in reverse to offset the slack seat angle. Can someone upload a photo with a seatpost at full extension and some comments on how it climbs? Im 6ft by the way, and am considering an Intense Tazer VP as well.

You could put it pretty high with an uncut seatpost, but you won't be able to slam it all the way if you ever wanted to. I have a Thomson post on mine and I cut it so it will slam all the way down, and it will still go pretty high but not XC high.

As far as climbing, mine climbs fine (if you wanted to climb, I prefer to walk it uphill). It won't climb as well as an XC bike of course, but it will get up if you want it to.

I'm not sure I'd do the backwards layback seatpost thing. I'd probably get a different frame, you'd defeat the purpose of the bike like that I think.

Here I dug this up in the photo archives (not my bike):
photo

Posted: Sep 5, 2012 at 12:20 Quote
What length cranks are you all running?

photo

Edit:

Just read the post above me. This guy ^^^ doesn't know what he's talking about. He runs a baby seat and posted a picture of double with an XC stem. If you slam your seat your tire will buzz your saddle when you compress the suspension. Here is mine for reference. Saddle still goes up higher. When I bought my post I measured the seat tube and then added ordered a post 2-3 inches taller then that.

I bought the 367 mm post. I'm 5'7 and ride the "short." This leaves me a almost but not quite perfect saddle height which is spot on for descending. Buddy has a 410mm Thomson on the short rig and its a little too tall for my liking descending, but almost perfect pedaling height for someone just about 6".

Posted: Sep 5, 2012 at 12:46 Quote
Circes wrote:
What length cranks are you all running?

photo

Edit:

Just read the post above me. This guy ^^^ doesn't know what he's talking about. He runs a baby seat and posted a picture of double with an XC stem. If you slam your seat your tire will buzz your saddle when you compress the suspension. Here is mine for reference. Saddle still goes up higher. When I bought my post I measured the seat tube and then added ordered a post 2-3 inches taller then that.

I bought the 367 mm post. I'm 5'7 and ride the "short." This leaves me a almost but not quite perfect saddle height which is spot on for descending. Buddy has a 410mm Thomson on the short rig and its a little too tall for my liking descending, but almost perfect pedaling height for someone just about 6".

Hahaha, that's not my bike with the XC stem, a guy above me asked for pictures of Doubles with a high seatpost so I found that through the search and posted it for him. I have no idea whose bike that is.

I can slam my seat all the way and it doesn't buzz. You just have to do it right.. (1) run 80mm in the rear, (2) run a small seat, or (3) run the seat all the way forward on the rails. Any of those will stop the buzzing.

And I would never run a high seat on a DJ bike! I was just helping the guy out by finding him that picture. Can you clarify what you meant when you said "This guy ^^^ doesn't know what he's talking about." Thanks.

Posted: Sep 5, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
I meant I'd have a high seatpost layback for doing XC style stuff then use a shorter seatpost for everything else. Still be cheaper than buying two bikes I'd bet. Thanks for the help aye. It doesnt wheelie too easily when climbing with the saddle up that high?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014933
Mobile Version of Website