snapped frame
My transition double snapped today :/

Posted: Sep 15, 2012 at 19:13 Quote
curtisracer wrote:
snapped frame
My transition double snapped today :/

FYP

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 4:08 Quote
For you guys that have problems with the rear shock mount bolt, try using a shim. Mine was always loosening up and I rounded out the bolts trying to get it tight. I was putting SS brake lines on the wrx and had a few shims left over that looked about the right size. I used only one, and it is super thin, but the thing locked down and I haven't had a problem since.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 9:59 Quote
pebelz wrote:
For you guys that have problems with the rear shock mount bolt, try using a shim. Mine was always loosening up and I rounded out the bolts trying to get it tight. I was putting SS brake lines on the wrx and had a few shims left over that looked about the right size. I used only one, and it is super thin, but the thing locked down and I haven't had a problem since.

My problem is the bolts are tight but my linkage has up and down play.

Sorry about your double snappin. Hope your alright. Tranny has pretty bomb customer service. Hopefully they hook it up.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 at 5:36 Quote
Circes wrote:

Sorry about your double snappin. Hope your alright. Tranny has pretty bomb customer service. Hopefully they hook it up.

Just got done assembling mine, have the same problem, did you find any sort of solution or diagnostic? (or anyone else for that matter?)

- Cheers...

Posted: Sep 19, 2012 at 9:27 Quote
On another mechanics Transition Covert we noticed that the tolerances on the bolt that go through the shock/linkage where slightly off. Grinding the bold down a little solved the problem.... Unfortunately, that didn't solve my problem. Neither did a new pivot kit.

Posted: Sep 19, 2012 at 10:00 Quote
danielgrafik wrote:
Circes wrote:

Just got done assembling mine, have the same problem, did you find any sort of solution or diagnostic? (or anyone else for that matter?)

- Cheers...

I spoke to Transition about this when I first got my bike. They said tighten it down as hard as you possibly can. Somehow, that works for me and the bolt has yet to snap from over tightening. I bought a few spares because I expect one to snap while I'm tightening, but it hasn't happened yet...

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2013 at 15:37 Quote
can I play?

double
  double

with big brother bottlerocket
Little Brother Big Brother
  brothers

Picked it up yesterday and had it on the trails 2 hours later for a quick shakedown run. It was a pretty fun ride and it will take a little getting used to. Its pretty different than what I'm used to with the BR. The front end is sooo low. I may try a 120mm fork next year, but will ride it as is for the time being. Definitely needs new pedals though because I couldn't get any grip with those. I'm also going to throw a front brake at it.

How wide of bars are you guys riding? I have 745mm bars on there. Seems pretty wide for a jump bike, but its what I like to ride with.

Looking at the second pic, I alllmost want a blindside to complete the family.

-joel

Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 18:35 Quote
My new to me Double.

My new to me Double.

Hey guy's here's my double, I know that the pics are a bit fuzzy but what do you think?

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2013 at 17:54 Quote
lowered lyric or uturn lyric?

Posted: Oct 30, 2013 at 5:07 Quote
jojotherider1977 wrote:
lowered lyric or uturn lyric?

It's just the U turn. I like the different travel options depending on where I'm riding.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 8:27 Quote
So are you using this as a kind of all mountain bike then?

I've been thinking about making mine into an all mountain ride (longer fork, 1x10 gearing, adjustable seatpost) and selling my bottle rocket for a dh rig. Of course, my BR does pretty good as an aggressive AM rig with a totem up front. Climbs are pretty tough, but descending is a blast.

-joel

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 8:38 Quote
I run mine with the fork set to 110 for trails. Makes it a little less twitchy.

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 at 14:01 Quote
[Quote="jojotherider1977"]So are you using this as a kind of all mountain bike then?

I've been thinking about making mine into an all mountain ride (longer fork, 1x10 gearing, adjustable seatpost) and selling my bottle rocket for a dh rig. Of course, my BR does pretty good as an aggressive AM rig with a totem up front. Climbs are pretty tough, but descending is a blast.

-joel[/Quote

No, I'm using it as a general fun park bike/ mini DH bike. I like the lyric for the stiffness (I'm a big ol fat f*ck) I had a pike and it was a bit too flexy for me. It's a great with the lyric, I highly recommend the combo. It's not a trail bike at all. It rides exactly like a DJ bike with a bit of cush.

Posted: Dec 6, 2013 at 16:18 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
My new to me Double.

My new to me Double.

Hey guy's here's my double, I know that the pics are a bit fuzzy but what do you think?

This is now mine! Thanks for posting the pics Spencer! HA!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021921
Mobile Version of Website