Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
mischieff wrote:
best grease for stanchions/seals?
stanchions something light silicone based works well.

Seals slick honey aka slickoleum

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 5:34 Quote
slidways wrote:
mischieff wrote:

+1 on slick honey. It improves small bump like you wouldn't believe.

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 7:55 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
slidways wrote:
mischieff wrote:

+1 on slick honey. It improves small bump like you wouldn't believe.
+infinity.

don't waste your time with any other shit.

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
just buy one of the newer cartridges, no more problems

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
might as well buy new fork

i was thinking to make a new wider bolt/lid so the bladder wouldn't be able to come out again

also did a linear spring mod and now the mid travel spiking is gone and i can use almost all the travel on the fork Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 14:42 Quote
Guys,

I have a Fox rc4 on a Commencal v3. What's the best way to leave the shock as I want it, but with good pedalling? I'd like to know how I cand adjust it so once it sits in its sag position and I'm pedalling the shock wont go through any travel.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 15:00 Quote
szot123 wrote:
Guys,

I have a Fox rc4 on a Commencal v3. What's the best way to leave the shock as I want it, but with good pedalling? I'd like to know how I cand adjust it so once it sits in its sag position and I'm pedalling the shock wont go through any travel.

Cheers!
Max out the compression. Although it will now ride like shit on anything else.

If you want better pedaling, you got the wrong bike and shock.

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 15:15 Quote
szot123 wrote:
Guys,

Cheers!

Check the first page, a trick used a lot is to slow the rebound down, this sits the shock in its travel when on the gas and stops it bobbing n wasting energy. Otherwise max out your LSC and even try expanding your reservoir volume and upping the pressure, to create a more linear, less wallowy travel in the soft part

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 17:46 Quote
Hey. I was hoping to get an opinion from someone who has ridden both a 2014 dorado expert and a 2013 boxxer r2c2 and can say which you prefer. Cheers

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 18:02 Quote
go to "got any DH questions ask them here" thread and the last few pages have been talking about all the best forks and there are a few people who have ridden both those forks. cheers!

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 18:05 Quote
Don't know if it helps, but I currently own a Boxxer wc 2012 and I'm going for a Dorado Expert 2013 haha. The Boxxer is pretty sweet and has loads of adjustment knobs to play with or mess up. The only downside on it compared to the Dorado's I've tried is that the initial stroke isn't as bump sensitive and plush. They're both pretty good forks. Boxxer r2c2 has decent suppleness though, and it's a tad bit lighter than the Dorado.

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 22:52 Quote
kurt-heering wrote:
Hey. I was hoping to get an opinion from someone who has ridden both a 2014 dorado expert and a 2013 boxxer r2c2 and can say which you prefer. Cheers
I would go with the dorado, it's got better small bump, and a better damper.

IMO the only boxxer worth buying as an upgrade is the WC because the air spring gives it a really nice supple feeling and it's really light. (But it's been a while since I rode a coil spring boxxer)

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 6:09 Quote
Hey guys, need some help here.
Have a Manitou Swinger 6way Coil shock, but tuned. The SPV platform is removed by shimstack on it`s place.The shimstack is correctly installed, everything works fine. But i have a question mark here, do u think that the low and high speed compression and rebound settings does work correctly, because at home test when turning the knobs from max to min, didnt change enything, even the rebound settings didnt change the shock rebound speed.. Before the shimstack was installed, they worked perfect. Probablt the shimstack is causing this, i am not sure.. Thanks in advance anyway

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 6:25 Quote
i have the shim based air version (ISX), the HS and LS adjustments become less obvious if you have a low pressure in the IFP chamber. what pressure do you have in it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016787
Mobile Version of Website