Also the new Lyrik is a good choice.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 4:28 Quote
Anybody got any tips on adjusting the fox 36 HSC/LSC
Thanks

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 6:00 Quote
mellowrider wrote:
Anybody got any tips on adjusting the fox 36 HSC/LSC
Thanks
Start with fox's recommended settings and adjust as needed. They have manuals available on their site. For me, the base settings were a bit soft, so I increased air pressure and damping. It took me a little while to find a setting I really liked so don't expect it to be perfect right off of the bat. If you know a short section of trail that is similar to what you normally ride, go ride that over and over, changing fork settings until you find what performs/ feels best. LSC adjustments will make the most tangible changes, where as the HSC adjustment won't feel like it is changing much. To get a sense for the HSC adjustment, find some kind of drop or jump(where the landing causes rapid fork compression).

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 20:11 Quote
DHX2 vs Vivid RC2 coil.. which one easier to tuned..?using YT Tues

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 20:37 Quote
I previously had the Vivid Air, and now have the DHX2. I don't know that I'd say that "easier" is the best word. To use. If you're after something easy I'd stick with the Kage or the Van. Both the Vivid and the DHX2 are dynamic shocks, and they really give you the ability to tune your ride to the trail. It's worth it to spend the time getting it right.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 20:48 Quote
lat72 wrote:

Vivid is easier to tune. If your Willing to put in time, and you know what the adjustments do, I'd go for the dhx2 though. Be aware though that having a lot of adjustments when you don't know what to do with them can mess the whole ride up quick.

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 0:51 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
lat72 wrote:

Vivid is easier to tune. If your Willing to put in time, and you know what the adjustments do, I'd go for the dhx2 though. Be aware though that having a lot of adjustments when you don't know what to do with them can mess the whole ride up quick.

Is there any configuration tue for vivid R2C? how much click for LSC, and rebound?which i can refer.

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 1:03 Quote
Test lsc on chatter and in scenarios where you're weight shifts heavily to either end of the bike. Same with the lsr.

Hsc should be tested on a drop to a flatter landing that you are very familiar with, figure out how much support you want upon landing. Hsr is the same, dial in how the bike rebounds from the heavy compression.

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 11:31 Quote
Hey peeps. I've a question, I'm running a bos void on a 2013 turner dhr. I weigh in at 50kg, and I'm running at 100psi, 15 rebound from fully closed, 18 lsc from fully closed and 17 hsc from full closed. I got the proper 30% sag, and I love how it feels in trails, however, after finishing a run, I've probably say like 20-30mm of travel left on the rear. I love the small bump compliancy but I do notice it's always riding in mid travel on the trails. No harsh bottom out throughout though. But whenever I compress the rear for a jump, it compresses 3/4 of its travel. Which setting should I adjust so that it compress like maybe 3/8 to mid way of its travel? Thanks in advance guys.

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
konrad89 wrote:
Hey peeps. I've a question, I'm running a bos void on a 2013 turner dhr. I weigh in at 50kg, and I'm running at 100psi, 15 rebound from fully closed, 18 lsc from fully closed and 17 hsc from full closed. I got the proper 30% sag, and I love how it feels in trails, however, after finishing a run, I've probably say like 20-30mm of travel left on the rear. I love the small bump compliancy but I do notice it's always riding in mid travel on the trails. No harsh bottom out throughout though. But whenever I compress the rear for a jump, it compresses 3/4 of its travel. Which setting should I adjust so that it compress like maybe 3/8 to mid way of its travel? Thanks in advance guys.

You need more lsc

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 15:42 Quote
konrad89 wrote:
3/8 = less than 30% so its less than optimal sag. I have like 3/4 of teavel used when i compress for jump. It' pretty normal IMO

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 17:01 Quote
I wish people would stop worrying about "using" all of their travel. It doesn't matter that you didn't use 200mm of travel riding your local blue trail. As long as the small bump isn't too harsh and your getting support in the corners then your suspension is doing its job correctly

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 17:42 Quote
My bike fits a 7.5x2.0 shock. Can i use offset bushings to make a 7.875x2.25 shock work?

Posted: Jun 25, 2016 at 1:55 Quote
Snozz wrote:
My bike fits a 7.5x2.0 shock. Can i use offset bushings to make a 7.875x2.25 shock work?
After a bit of research it seems i cant. The e2e difference is 9.5mm and the bushings would only give me 6mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.098973
Mobile Version of Website