Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Jan 14, 2017 at 23:33 Quote
there's also the pos/neg air chambers at play.

hard to say, but really, if its working, assume its all good

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 21:54 Quote
When adjusting the fox factory x2 shock high/low compression and rebound I noticed that when I adjust the 3mm hex on both it turns the 6mm at the same time. Is that normal?

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 0:10 Quote
Timski11 wrote:
When adjusting the fox factory x2 shock high/low compression and rebound I noticed that when I adjust the 3mm hex on both it turns the 6mm at the same time. Is that normal?

That's not normal. The 3mm and 6mm adjusters should turn independently of each other. Should be covered under warranty.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 20:46 Quote
im having the same problem with mine.
Timski11 wrote:

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 10:20 Quote
Just noticed that my rockshox monarch rt3 (140mm )is a little bit stuck. It doesn't extend fully. It sits on 20% mark.
I deflated it and tried to pull it by pushing on back wheel and pulled on saddle, but didn't help.

I did found some topics on google and maybe pulling it apart would help, but I have ride my bike only 5-10 times so
should I send the shock back or try fix it by myself?

Anyone had similar issues?

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 12:44 Quote
Rocka1 wrote:
Just noticed that my rockshox monarch rt3 (140mm )is a little bit stuck. It doesn't extend fully. It sits on 20% mark.
I deflated it and tried to pull it by pushing on back wheel and pulled on saddle, but didn't help.

I did found some topics on google and maybe pulling it apart would help, but I have ride my bike only 5-10 times so
should I send the shock back or try fix it by myself?

Anyone had similar issues?
First - do you mean, based on the shock's stroke and what the i2i should be, you're sure it's not fully extending?
Did you then reinflate and equalize it?

If that doesn't help, carefully remove the aircan, with a towel or something through the lower eye to stop it from shooting off the end. Clean/lube the seals and reinstall and hopefully it will properly equalize.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 17:40 Quote
Is it a debonair air monarch or regular? The debonair requires you inflate to 100 psi, cycle shock 5 times and thengine inflate to desired psi.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 2:45 Quote
So it used to be like this:

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2014/04/RockShox_Monarch_RT3_DebonAir_Med.jpg

But now it sits on 20% mark.

william4269 wrote:
Is it a debonair air monarch or regular? The debonair requires you inflate to 100 psi, cycle shock 5 times and thengine inflate to desired psi.

Regular.

I will take a better look at it this weekend...

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 19:07 Quote
Rocka1 wrote:

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2014/04/RockShox_Monarch_RT3_DebonAir_Med.jpg

william4269 wrote:

Regular.

Let all the air out. If the shock sucks further into the travel you've overcharged the negative chamber and will need to complete an air spring service

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 20:57 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Rocka1 wrote:

william4269 wrote:

Regular.

Let all the air out. If the shock sucks further into the travel you've overcharged the negative chamber and will need to complete an air spring service
not necessarily, he may be able to air it to max pressure to get it to equalize.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 21:58 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Rocka1 wrote:

Regular.

not necessarily, he may be able to air it to max pressure to get it to equalize.

Or if that doesnt work, try unscrewing the air can slowly. Should hear the negative air chamber depressurize. I had this same problem with a ccdb air and this seemed to solve it for at least a few rides.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Rocka1 wrote:

Regular.

I've never been able to get one to balance by inflating to maximum :c

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
I contacted the company that I bought the bike from and they think that x- ring inside a shock might be damaged.

So now I have to send it back and hopefully get fixed/ new shock soon.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 1:01 Quote
My van 36 rc2 packs up on slow speed rock gardens
At high speed it seems fine
Anny hints
More preload or more slow speed compression?
Or must do those parts of trail at more speed ????????

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 2:40 Quote
i'd go with a bit more LSC

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016255
Mobile Version of Website