What brakes are people running?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What brakes are people running?
Posted: Jul 5, 2014 at 9:54 Quote
^ agreed. I love my 7 trails... Had them since march and no problems at all. Except when I crashed bad and cracked the left brake where it mounts on the bar lol. The hinge mount barely holds the brake now. May grab x0 in the fall Big Grin

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 15:01 Quote
Does anyone have experience with RWD red metalic pads ( for saint brakes, hope v2 rotors)?

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 20:01 Quote
TRP dash carbons 2014

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 21:33 Quote
Juat got some hope mono 6ti!!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 0:48 Quote
Im running shimano xt levers/MC to saint calipers with the saint high power hose, and avid 8"/7" rotors on my voltage fr. Modulation for days! And I can shut them down whenever.

I've got a xt brakeset with 7"/6" avid rotors on my cannondale rize. Also a great brakeset, almost too strong on the trail bike. I'd almost say they modulate better as you heat them up, otherwise they are very grabby.

Ive got a set of avid elixir 7 carbon on my 'goose dj. They came off my cannondale. They're on a bike that doesnt really need brakes for a reason....

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 12:57 Quote
Hope mono6ti on the front, and an elixir 1 on the back because the rear mono 6ti that I have doesn't have a hose or fittings:/... Definitely thinking of upgrading.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 at 21:55 Quote
Looking to upgrade my Elixer 7s. I have tried Zee and saint and they are both very nice. Im considering the zee but a few of my friends have had reliabiltiy problems with them. Anyone else have problems with their Saint or Zee brakes?

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 5:24 Quote
Davidsym wrote:
Looking to upgrade my Elixer 7s. I have tried Zee and saint and they are both very nice. Im considering the zee but a few of my friends have had reliabiltiy problems with them. Anyone else have problems with their Saint or Zee brakes?

if you can stretch to get saints get them, if not zee. hands down best brakes i've ever used.

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 6:56 Quote
Atm I'm running elixir 5s quite happy with them but from previous experience I've had, avid brakes are an absolutely pain to set up well.

What's brakes would people advice?

Been looking at saints or tech 3s?

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
Zee is more than good enough and share many core/key features with Saint, so it isnt a huge deal. Im just wondering what kind of problems you've seen with Zee..never seen or heard of one yet.

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
Zee is more than good enough and share many core/key features with Saint, so it isnt a huge deal. Im just wondering what kind of problems you've seen with Zee..never seen or heard of one yet.

2 friends with something broken in the caliper and another friend who got a warrenty replacement from something messing up with the pistons.
All of those where at the end of last season and in the winter and nothing has happend since. May have just been unlucky though. Kinda why im asking if anyone else has had these problems.

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 12:50 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
hayes stroker rydes, getting sintered metallic pads for them.

if that's not available, i'm selling them and getting stroker trails or juicy 5's.
juicy 5s are useless i have them they're horrible

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 13:13 Quote
kristian-A wrote:
creamsoda wrote:
hayes stroker rydes, getting sintered metallic pads for them.

if that's not available, i'm selling them and getting stroker trails or juicy 5's.
juicy 5s are useless i have them they're horrible
Do yourself a favour and just buy some Shimano XT brakes. You'll be happy you did.

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
Davidsym wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

2 friends with something broken in the caliper and another friend who got a warrenty replacement from something messing up with the pistons.
All of those where at the end of last season and in the winter and nothing has happend since. May have just been unlucky though. Kinda why im asking if anyone else has had these problems.

Very interesting. Theres always gonna be problem undoubtedly things happen lol, sounds very unlucky. I guess a better way to say what i mean is, Shimano makes some very solid well-designed brake systems and they must be one of the top brands that feature low rates of notable problems. If i had to go in without testing/knowing a set of brakes, i would be most confident in Shimano. Hope is top notch too.

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 14:57 Quote
So people running the DH Avids. How often do you bleed brakes during a season?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014053
Mobile Version of Website