Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)
Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 3:34 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
if i got an sx trail id get an air shock
I'm talking about the 4 inch travel one, which has an air shock. The longer travel one wouldn't really be rideable on dirt jumps.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 6:18 Quote
A bunch of Groms have vimanas in Santa cruz and trust me it's a bad choice. All of them make a nasty creaking noise as if they're about to snap. They're pretty flexy too.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
its the southern wiltshire salisbury. I go to rogate downhill and tidworth freeride which both dh/freeride trails and some big ass tables and doubles at the bottom and a pump section.

I've ridden Tidworth on my Dartmoor 26Player and most of the lower parts are fine on a Hardtail, the rooty sections up top are f*cking horrendously uncomfortable

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 8:58 Quote
yeah i can image thats what would happen. its a cool place though isnt it

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
cheezey-its wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
never heard of vimana but I looked it up and they look like a pretty sweet aluminum frame DJ.
I've owned/ridden a banshee amp, a 2012 flow, a 2013 26 player, a transition top and bank, Santa Cruz jackal, norco rampage, 125 and 250, Kona shonky, cannondales chase, giant STP, spank spoon, NS suburban and decade, black market riot, GT lamboda, specialized P3 and P2, and a vimana and basically a crap ton of bikes, not in parking lot tests, but actually riding them in skateparks and dirt jumps, and the vimana is hands down the best feeling bike I've ever ridden
until you get on a ticket...

your making it sound like the ticket is the best frame around, would you recommend one to a newer rider? (the 2011 one)

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
gotta say, racing a DH course on a hard tail is really fun, but not the greatest idea. Im recovering from surgery now from an accident this summer racing DH on my hardtail ss dj bike. I probably would have been ok if i had switched out tires...idk why i thought i could race on bald racing ralphs lol

Views: 595    Faves: 0    Comments: 8

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 9:28 Quote
unlucky but nice video, thats was f*ckn fast! Also ima probably get some dh tyres as well and interchange them.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 9:46 Quote
Here's my P3 with a tire swap and the front brake removed. I can't believe how easy it was to get below 25lbs on a stock bike.
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 10:09 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
cheezey-its wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
I've owned/ridden a banshee amp, a 2012 flow, a 2013 26 player, a transition top and bank, Santa Cruz jackal, norco rampage, 125 and 250, Kona shonky, cannondales chase, giant STP, spank spoon, NS suburban and decade, black market riot, GT lamboda, specialized P3 and P2, and a vimana and basically a crap ton of bikes, not in parking lot tests, but actually riding them in skateparks and dirt jumps, and the vimana is hands down the best feeling bike I've ever ridden
until you get on a ticket...

your making it sound like the ticket is the best frame around, would you recommend one to a newer rider? (the 2011 one)
I would say that it would be a lot easier to get use to.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 15:59 Quote
cheezey-its wrote:
A bunch of Groms have vimanas in Santa cruz and trust me it's a bad choice. All of them make a nasty creaking noise as if they're about to snap. They're pretty flexy too.
eh I've never had the creaking issue, its probably just a maintenance thing, but yeah I'd say the rear end flex is the vimanas downfall, I find if I have the chainstays fairly short, not even all the way, it solves the flexing issue pretty good. But I've never actually ridden a trek ticket yet, I hear they're flexy too, anyone care to comment on that?

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
Tickets are super stiff

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
the vimana's adjustable seperate chainstays are probably where the flex comes from. Normally aluminum is really stiff.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 16:25 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
Tickets are super stiff
yeah, they're the opposite of flexy.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 16:30 Quote
Corphies wrote:
the vimana's adjustable seperate chainstays are probably where the flex comes from. Normally aluminum is really stiff.
more like bad design, not enough triangulation at the back.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
Wouldn't the seperate chainstay be a design flaw anyways? Also, i thought a smaller triangle would be more stiff

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023212
Mobile Version of Website