Stereotypes

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
Most people think that stereotypes are completly wrong, biased, sexist or racist. Thats what every middle school Social Science and English teacher taught.
I decided to do some research and discover the facts. (Don't call me racist because these are FACTS based off information conducted by the United States government)

1. Stereotype: Greater percentage of Blacks are criminals Fact: Blacks were responsible for 7 times the homocides of whites in 2005 Source: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

2. Stereotype: Hispanics are less educated Fact: In October of 1997 a study was conducted on High School Completion: Whites: 90.5% Hispanic: 66.7% Source: http://www.maec.org/natstats.html#dropout

3. Stereotype: Asians have the highest intelligence by race Fact: Study of SAT scores by race: White: 1060 Asian: 1070 Source: http://www.maec.org/natstats.html#sat

********Please Read: Before you start calling me a white supremisist, ignorant, racist, or anything else, realize I am only presenting information, not making any statements, except this: Steretypes can be true for a majority of people, YET THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS*********

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
Its true, but people won't aknowledge it for fear of being ''racist''. I'm not a racist by any means, I have friends from many ethnic backgrounds, I just see things how they are.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
Look into your stats more. Read around a bit. I bet I could find a stat that says people living in poverty commit the most homicides, then I could find a stat that says most people who live in poverty are black. There's probably a correlation there.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
It's obviously true that per capita more black people do violence than white people.
But, like Cohen said, you should also look into how many of them are in the projects/poor as hell.
And you also need to look at ethno-cultural history and the effects on them; every problem that has to do with racism right now have complex and bitter roots which are never as simple as Black History month teaches you.

Couple things:
- Most of the Hispanic people in the USA are fresh from Mexico. Most were poor, poorer than the are even in the USA. Go figure how they don't have their high school.
- Asian parents seem to be normally quite serious about work ethic etc..., which comes from a cultural tradition in the East which was transfered to our Western setting. As a result, their children normally do much more work than white kids at school; as a result their brains become more exercised (it's psychological theory that your IQ starts with a possible range and your final IQ is based upon your setting/what your brain has been doing; therefore a normal child in a very enriching environment can come out way ahead of a gifted child in a ghetto).

Stereotypes are often applicable to current times/events but you should never believe in them. Doing so simply perpetuates problems which may stem from such beliefs.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
marty660 wrote:
It's obviously true that per capita more black people do violence than white people.
But, like Cohen said, you should also look into how many of them are in the projects/poor as hell.
And you also need to look at ethno-cultural history and the effects on them; every problem that has to do with racism right now have complex and bitter roots which are never as simple as Black History month teaches you.

Couple things:
- Most of the Hispanic people in the USA are fresh from Mexico. Most were poor, poorer than the are even in the USA. Go figure how they don't have their high school.
- Asian parents seem to be normally quite serious about work ethic etc..., which comes from a cultural tradition in the East which was transfered to our Western setting. As a result, their children normally do much more work than white kids at school; as a result their brains become more exercised (it's psychological theory that your IQ starts with a possible range and your final IQ is based upon your setting/what your brain has been doing; therefore a normal child in a very enriching environment can come out way ahead of a gifted child in a ghetto).

Stereotypes are often applicable to current times/events but you should never believe in them. Doing so simply perpetuates problems which may stem from such beliefs.
That is true, but what do you mean by bitter roots for black racism?

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:16 Quote
Do you really need to ask that question? Look into the history of your country.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:

Yea, obviously there was slavery in the United States and many other places, but blacks today have no reason to still feel bitter. My Great Grandpa nearly died gighting Germans less than 70 years ago and I don't feel resentment for Germans

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
hallio7 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

Yea, obviously there was slavery in the United States and many other places, but blacks today have no reason to still feel bitter. My Great Grandpa nearly died gighting Germans less than 70 years ago and I don't feel resentment for Germans

You really can't compare enlistment to slavery buddy. Not to mention the segregation, prejudism, racism, that goes along with slavery whereas your great grandpa was probably treated like a hero.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
hallio7 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

You really can't compare enlistment to slavery buddy. Not to mention the segregation, prejudism, racism, that goes along with slavery whereas your great grandpa was probably treated like a hero.

Do Jews resent the Germans for the Holocaust?

Slavery is over. Done. Get over it.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
Slavery might be gone but the prejudice associated with it isn't. That's quite clear too, no matter how much you say "done".

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
Slavery might be gone but the prejudice associated with it isn't. That's quite clear too, no matter how much you say "done".

Prejudice has nothing to do with slavery. That is a separate issue. All of this business of reparations, and bring up the past, how black people have been opressed for hundreds of years is bullshit. We now have a black presiden of the most powerful country in the world. It's time to move on.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

Prejudice has nothing to do with slavery. That is a separate issue. All of this business of reparations, and bring up the past, how black people have been opressed for hundreds of years is bullshit. We now have a black presiden of the most powerful country in the world. It's time to move on.

Yes, but the fact that so many blacks are in projects etc... is reason enough to help them - they clearly didn't get there because they suck at life. It's because of a long chain of cause -> effects that has lead us there.
And prejudice does have something to do with slavery because it's the slavery which created it; after slavery was deemed wrong the people who did it invented the idea that black's were "inferior" in order to justify what they were doing. So current (may I say widespread) racist theory in the USA is a direct descendant of slavery.
It's time to move on and make everything even, but to do so things should be done to even the playing field, not just in terms of options but also in world view (many black people not seeing a way out, or getting caught up in the whole "black vs. white" cultural battle which is pushed upon them).

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:
hallio7 wrote:

Do Jews resent the Germans for the Holocaust?

Slavery is over. Done. Get over it.

The jews don' resent the german but the holocaust is still a very touchy issue with the jewish community. I have a really good friend who's jewish and at wrestling a kid made a comment about the holocaust towards him and it's the most mad I've ever seen someone.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
Dr-Rockzo wrote:
Its true, but people won't aknowledge it for fear of being ''racist''. I'm not a racist by any means, I have friends from many ethnic backgrounds, I just see things how they are.
me too

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 at 0:23 Quote
marco4848 wrote:
Dr-Rockzo wrote:
me too
Don't grave dig a one year old thread...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009239
Mobile Version of Website