Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
JoshJeffrey wrote:
Go with Glow in the dark strips on the raw frame. Or red and Glow. Fit Glow somewhere in there. Lol.
I guess I look like Bret Smile

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
what color should i paint my bike??

leave it raw...clear coat it with a urethane clear ( it's tough stuff ) and then 3M tape the usual spots.
I'm tired of the raw I have had it for 2 years so I was going to change it up

Then consider powder coat...it's tougher then just rattle cans or even automotive grade paint...and comes in a variety of colours...sure it's more money, but in the end it's a nicer finish imho

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 21:41 Quote
FS4M1K3 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:

leave it raw...clear coat it with a urethane clear ( it's tough stuff ) and then 3M tape the usual spots.

Then consider powder coat...it's tougher then just rattle cans or even automotive grade paint...and comes in a variety of colours...sure it's more money, but in the end it's a nicer finish imho
The heat from powdercoating reverses the heat treatment process on the frame. Powdercoating is the quickest way to end up with cracked welds.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:15 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
JoshJeffrey wrote:
Go with Glow in the dark strips on the raw frame. Or red and Glow. Fit Glow somewhere in there. Lol.
I guess I look like Bret Smile

I think like candy cane might be cool. Red and raw. Might be b*itchin. Like tape around like a candy cane and paint over the tape and pull it back off. Get people smiling.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:

The heat from powdercoating reverses the heat treatment process on the frame. Powdercoating is the quickest way to end up with cracked welds.
but some brands powder coat there frame from factory.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:45 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:

No, some brands anodize. Very different process.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:48 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:

but some brands powder coat their frame from factory.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:49 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
when i asked the powder coating company about that subject they said it should not decrease the strength of the frame.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 6:27 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:

when i asked the powder coating company about that subject they said it should not decrease the strength of the frame.
They'll tell you that because they want your business...I've seen it multiple times. Look into Anodizing. Much safer process and also a very tough coating.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 8:00 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
They'll tell you that because they want your business...I've seen it multiple times. Look into Anodizing. Much safer process and also a very tough coating.
I have a few nics on the frame that wouldnt look the best anodized

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
Then paint it. Just don't get it powdercoated.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 8:22 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
Then paint it. Just don't get it powdercoated.
ok I guess I should be safe instead of sorry

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
photo
what color should i paint my bike??

just a thought, maybe you could experiment with plastidip until you find something that really suits the bike?

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 16:52 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
FS4M1K3 wrote:

just a thought, maybe you could experiment with plastidip until you find something that really suits the bike?
Paint it a blue like the one in the video. If i was to paint mine, it would most definitely be this color. 1:03 and 2:03 have good viewing angles
Views: 81,366    Faves: 1,427    Comments: 118

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 18:22 Quote
easternripper wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
Paint it a blue like the one in the video. If i was to paint mine, it would most definitely be this color. 1:03 and 2:03 have good viewing angles
Views: 81,366    Faves: 1,427    Comments: 118
that is a good video and I like that color.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034373
Mobile Version of Website