Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:
redcorn wrote:
2013 Pro, upgrades include wheels (Hopes laced to Infernos), cranks are Descendant and Deity Zink bars.

Weighs 36lbs 8 ozs.

Anyone tried putting a Vivid Air on one of these?

photo
holy crud my 2011 WC with ultegra cassette, m820 drivetrain and brakes, revolution 32 wheels, atlas cranks bars and everything and ffox 40 rc2 fit to coil weighs in at 42 lbs, are the 2011 and 2013 frames different in terms of weight? And are you running tubeless? My Giant heavy duty dh tubes are around a full pound each. I'll try and post a pic of my bike soon, but I just wanna know some other ways of cutting down weight
Your wheels are heavy as hell
I never use DH tubes 1 1/2 lbs rotational weight is huge and yes the frames are a few pounds lighter.

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 22:00 Quote
RatHunter83 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
yea i had an 07 switch and it didnt have one chip just clear coat gouges, the 08 flatline i rode a few months and had bare medal spots from rocks bouncing off it.... plus it had the faulty rear linkage which ate into my rear triangle. the 2012 blackout i got now is much nicer.
I hate the pac man frames your definally a good rocky mountain customer
pacman.? lol what ya mean by that :-P
referring to how it eats the swing arm its a name me and my friend came up i don't remember when.[/Quote]

I own a 2008 and have never had a problem. I
think they caught it rather early and it was a simple machining fix?[/Quote]
well im a fairly heavy rider at 240lbs so I tend to find the frames weaknesses lol the main pivot in the linkage was a common problem on the first year of the flatline, the internal of it seperates and pushes apart as it turns through the travel

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 22:08 Quote
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
RatHunter83 wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
I hate the pac man frames your definally a good rocky mountain customer
pacman.? lol what ya mean by that :-P
referring to how it eats the swing arm its a name me and my friend came up i don't remember when.

I own a 2008 and have never had a problem. I
think they caught it rather early and it was a simple machining fix?[/Quote]
well im a fairly heavy rider at 240lbs so I tend to find the frames weaknesses lol the main pivot in the linkage was a common problem on the first year of the flatline, the internal of it seperates and pushes apart as it turns through the travel[/Quote] it got fixed within the first few months i think

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
Hey guys my Flatline is up for sale on my profile for $1700 usd if you or maybe one of your friends are looking for one shoot me a message! Thanks

2014 Dialed Rocky Mountain Flatline

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 20:14 Quote
Yo, can I get some opinions on the older model flatlines? I used to own a newer one (2012 park?) with the janky 888 and van R, and it was a fun bike, but I downsized to a 1 bike fleet (kona entourage) then got a steal of a deal on a 5" play/slope bike, so I'm dumping the entourage for a full blown DH (took the entourage to virgin UT, and while it held up fine I feel like mentally I'd be more willing to send it on a big bike... I'm also starting to ride more rocky gnar). How does the old version compare to the new? I loved the flatline frame I had, but hated the janky ass stock parts. The flatline I could pick up is a 2009 and is in great condition and comes with a fox DHX 3 (i think) and a new Manitou Dorado (I have a boner for those things) so the suspension set-up would be nice. I'd hope to upgrade the shock to a roco air or vivid air eventually though.

Thoughts? I've read that they are solid and bomb the rocks well, but how do they jump? I'm not looking for it to jump like a slope bike, but just wanna make sure it can jump and doesn't feel squirrely in the air or anything? Also how does it handle hucks?

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 6:04 Quote
I ride a 2008 and can say its a beast. Not the lightest bike out there but it can definitely hold its own. Jumping isn't its strong suit but they are very composed in the air. Plus the adjustable geo is a plus to set it up as you choose.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
I've had an 09 park and a 11 WC and I gotta say, the older ones were absolute plow beasts, but were just too heavy, sluggish, and progressive on the more manicured jump trails. The new design is still an absolute plow machine, except its even better at the technical stuff because its got a more linear shock rate, and its 2lbs lighter and the updated geometry just simply feels a lot easier and more capable to handle in the jumps.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 14:25 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
I've had an 09 park and a 11 WC and I gotta say, the older ones were absolute plow beasts, but were just too heavy, sluggish, and progressive on the more manicured jump trails. The new design is still an absolute plow machine, except its even better at the technical stuff because its got a more linear shock rate, and its 2lbs lighter and the updated geometry just simply feels a lot easier and more capable to handle in the jumps.

I'll be doing manicured jump trails on me slope bike though, the older flatline will be exclusively for Rocky gnar and hucks. When I said jump I mean like the barely lipped jumps out in virgin and stuff. Should have been more clear haha.

So I think I'm going to do it strictly based off the components like a brand new manitou dorado and stuff. I guess if I don't like it I could sell the frame, but my entourage hasn't been ridden in months because of my slope bike so it can't hurt to try.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
Got my 2013 Med Pro frame up for sale if any one is interested.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1629266/

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 16:00 Quote
photo

How do you guys like the new paint on my flatline still need to put decals on it.

What it looked like before

photo

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 16:03 Quote
ridgidframe wrote:
photo

How do you guys like the new paint on my flatline still need to put decals on it.

What it looked like before

photo

I had a Killswitch in pretty much the same blue, it looks good man!

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
Thanks man new bearings and headset runs really smooth now other then it has a lot more pedal bob Frown

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 22:26 Quote
gratuitous pic splash for no reason at all !

bla bla bla its made of metal
  bla bla bla its made of metal

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 22:26 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
wite-trash-azn wrote:

I'll be doing manicured jump trails on me slope bike though, the older flatline will be exclusively for Rocky gnar and hucks. When I said jump I mean like the barely lipped jumps out in virgin and stuff. Should have been more clear haha.

So I think I'm going to do it strictly based off the components like a brand new manitou dorado and stuff. I guess if I don't like it I could sell the frame, but my entourage hasn't been ridden in months because of my slope bike so it can't hurt to try.
ah well, I'd say go with the new flatline anyway, it beats the old one in every way imaginable

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 22:36 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
ah well, I'd say go with the new flatline anyway, it beats the old one in every way imaginable

If only that were an option. The option is oldschool flatline, or I wait and trade for something else....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033104
Mobile Version of Website