Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 12:28 Quote
HisShadow wrote:
im just happy that monstrosity wont be called flatline. old designs and not the usual burly beauty i like to see from RM. hopefully they do some work before finalizing this.

Dude it's still a prototype !

=> https://www.pinkbike.com/news/red-bull-rampage-2014-gullys-prototype-rocky-mountain.html

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 14:58 Quote
Mystyle wrote:
HisShadow wrote:
im just happy that monstrosity wont be called flatline. old designs and not the usual burly beauty i like to see from RM. hopefully they do some work before finalizing this.

=> https://www.pinkbike.com/news/red-bull-rampage-2014-gullys-prototype-rocky-mountain.html

dude if you think itl change that much before release your kidding yourself, ps i did say as you quoted
" hopefully they do some work before finalizing this." but its going to be the same old ass linkage design nothing really new here and i feel a step back from where flatline had gone. (could have gone ) ( was going ? ) so thankfully it wont be the next flatline.... and i hope they keep developing the flatline but thats just my preference

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 17:10 Quote
HisShadow wrote:
Mystyle wrote:
HisShadow wrote:

dude if you think itl change that much before release your kidding yourself, ps i did say as you quoted
" hopefully they do some work before finalizing this." but its going to be the same old ass linkage design nothing really new here and i feel a step back from where flatline had gone. (could have gone ) ( was going ? ) so thankfully it wont be the next flatline.... and i hope they keep developing the flatline but thats just my preference

" Rocky actually did acknowledge that the final product could look nothing like the bike you see here, and that the test mules, including Gully's bike, are exactly that: mules for the sole purpose of evaluating ideas. "

What was that about it not changing? The final version of the bike is going to be carbon so that's already a big change from the current proto. As for the "Old ass linkage". That is merely your narrow minded interpretation. Designs like this have been used on DH bikes for ages because it works! Don't bash it until you see and have ridden the final product!

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 18:57 Quote
So when does Rocky release 2015 models?

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 19:32 Quote
PacificPointer wrote:
So when does Rocky release 2015 models?
Pretty sure they just shipped. I think my shop has one coming in this week.

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 21:43 Quote
I guess I'm confused, are they carrying the Flatline over to the 2015 year? I looked on their website and it just says 2014 bikes.

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 21:46 Quote
As far as I know they're planning to release the new bike sometime after Christmas so there's no Flatline. Just old stock of previous years.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 1:11 Quote
bboutin wrote:
HisShadow wrote:
Mystyle wrote:

" Rocky actually did acknowledge that the final product could look nothing like the bike you see here, and that the test mules, including Gully's bike, are exactly that: mules for the sole purpose of evaluating ideas. "

What was that about it not changing? The final version of the bike is going to be carbon so that's already a big change from the current proto. As for the "Old ass linkage". That is merely your narrow minded interpretation. Designs like this have been used on DH bikes for ages because it works! Don't bash it until you see and have ridden the final product!

"could" - did you read it ? do you understand how marketing works ? do you have any observable imperical data like say the way the industry has been working for years now ?
do you know how r and d works if you think it will change that much your also kidding yourself .

i really dont care what your trying to prove here as this is speculation we all read the same article and saw the same bike , its my opinion this is what youl be seeing come out more or less and its a "ugly piece of junk" compared to the flatline heritage. quote me on all this there will be a test later when i come back with " i told you so's"

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 1:19 Quote
So back to flatlines, Here's my tank. Had some fun before the season ended but I just broke my toe so there's a chance I won't get to ride again before the season ends. Either way, I'm already planning winter upgrades. I'm about to desticker the fork (guy before me ran matching blue bars, actually looked pretty good, but I can't part with my pink zink bars), I'm also down to raw the frame. I don't fancy that awful brown too much. Imma snag some lock ons for it, and some other small stuff (new rubber and such).

The only big part I'm looking to upgrade is a new shock, preferably with compression and rebound. The one issue with the current shock is that it's not 9.5" i2i (I'm going full DH on this rig) and it's pretty friggen stiff with only reboud control. My options though are pick up an old Van R really cheap, get it pushed (Or avalanched). I could also get a Rockshox Kage RC and look at having it custom tuned. Last option is grab a Elka Stage 5 and not have it tuned at all. I'd try to get a ti coil for any shock I get as well. I'd keep the old shock for jumpier days, so the new shock would be strict DH. I'm leaning towards the Elka. Thoughts?

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
RatHunter83 wrote:
Elka hands down.
Agreed.

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 9:09 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
RatHunter83 wrote:
Elka hands down.
Agreed.
+2

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 4:54 Quote
easternripper wrote:
redcorn wrote:
ridgidframe wrote:
photo

How do you guys like the new paint on my flatline still need to put decals on it.

What it looked like before

photo

I had a Killswitch in pretty much the same blue, it looks good man!
Sick choice going with the blue. Looks awesome!
classic vespa style, love it. more pics?

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 9:23 Quote
thanks man. here is another one i have
photo

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 19:39 Quote
Sick! Looks good man

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015401
Mobile Version of Website