bmx seat fit on a mountain bike?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
bmx seat fit on a mountain bike?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:10 Quote
hi went to my local bike shop and they had some nice bmx seats i would like to know if they would fit on my gt chucker

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:14 Quote
probably i have a bmx seat on my bike and its a freeride

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:16 Quote
ok thanks anyone else know?

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:18 Quote
seat rails are pretty much standard if not they are easy to bend. It would be the seatpost that doesn't fit if anything so to answer your question yes it will fit. Just don't get a pivotal seat Madder

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:30 Quote
yup should work with ur post only seats with out rails wont but double cheack the rail size to make sure u get a tight fit

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:35 Quote
Most seatposts will work if its 6-7mm rails but if its 8mm you will prob have to get a compatible seatpost too...

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 6:40 Quote
duno if any of you have heard the bmx term: 'slammed seat' but im running that.

its basicly no padding at all in your seat, seat put down all the way to the frame and NO RAILS!! ive put 2 small wholes in my seat and bolted it straight on to the post, no rails, and clampy thingys involved. its not comfortable but its to keep the seat low and out of the way.

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
hey i was just wonderin if i can put a pivital seat on my mtb. willl i have to grind down some of the post

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
to use a pivitol seat you would need a pivitol post...you can not use a seat with rails on a pivitol post or the opposite of that a pivitol seat on a post made for a traditional saddle

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
dancallahan wrote:
hey i was just wonderin if i can put a pivital seat on my mtb. willl i have to grind down some of the post

The only way you'd have to grind the post down is if you're running the original style that tapers near the top and you want to slam it. Depending on how high you run your seat you'd be a lot better off getting the new style Stump posts and a shim.

P.S. Pivotal seats only work with Pivotal posts.

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 6:51 Quote
yes i knew about pivital seat and post

my friend says i should buy his seat and post then buy a shim thingy..

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
I have a BMX sized pivotal post and seat with a shim, on my MOB. I have a long post so I can raise it for the 8 mile ride back and forth to work, and still slam it for jumping. The long Macneal post is also pretty lightweight for how long it is.

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
yes will be fine, unless you buy one of those rail less seats

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.015190
Mobile Version of Website