2009 Fluidride Cup: The Quest For NW Gravity Racing Glory! (or fun)

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 Fluidride Cup: The Quest For NW Gravity Racing Glory! (or fun)
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
I just wanted to get this years 2009 Fluidride Cup kick started.

Post up stories, videos, questions for Simon or myself (I'll be MC'ing this year) and if your an industry insider that wants to support it- feel free to PM me so I can direct you to the right person. If your a racer and think a certain brand should get involved- tell me- I'll get them involved. New racer? Don't know what to do for lodging? Hit me up.

You will need a USA Cycling license and permit. Health Insurance if your have to work Monday. Do not race without it.

I know Simons got some instructional camps scheduled and you can find them on the Fluidride website here. Also, you all have to scope out Virtual Descent, its bad ass.

Here's the schedule:

2009 Race Schedule
*this schedule is subject to change due to weather and other considerations.

Race# Location Date
FR Cup 1 Port Angeles, WA. April 3rd - 5th
FR Cup 2 Port Angeles, WA. May 1st - 3rd
FR Cup 3 Silver Mt, Kellogg, Idaho June 12th - 14th
FR Cup 4 Mt Hood, OR. June 26th - 28th
FR Cup 5 Mt Hood, OR. July 10th - 12th
FR Cup 6 Port Angeles, WA. August 21st - 23rd
FR Cup 7 Mt Hood, OR. September 25th - 27th

Added BC Cup Schedule (Feb 12th, 2009)
Downhill Only Schedule

BC Cup = #1 May 24
Shore = Festival
North = Vancouver

BC Cup = #2 June 7
Race the = Ranch
Kamloops

BC Cup = #3 June 20/21
Arduum = Challenge
Mission

BC Cup = #4 June 27/28
Mad = Trapper
Panorama

BC Cup = #5 July 26
Bear = Mountain
Mission

BC Cup = #6 Aug 2
Mt = Washington
Mt = Washington

BC Cup = #7 Aug 23
Sun Peaks- = Finals!
Kamloops

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
I want to enter soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 23:52 Quote
AlCapone wrote:

You can. Plan now. Get good grades. Watch Clay Porters "F1RST" over and over and over...........get yourself a DMC Moto Timer, practice your starts, get yourself a copy of BOM's "Ride Like A Pro" from Fluidride and most importantly- have fun or don't show up. Racing is something we all want to do well, but not every race goes as planned, if you can still enjoy yourself on a bad race, then a good race is even more enjoyable.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
northwestdhdad wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

You can. Plan now. Get good grades. Watch Clay Porters "F1RST" over and over and over...........get yourself a DMC Moto Timer, practice your starts, get yourself a copy of BOM's "Ride Like A Pro" from Fluidride and most importantly- have fun or don't show up. Racing is something we all want to do well, but not every race goes as planned, if you can still enjoy yourself on a bad race, then a good race is even more enjoyable.
I might enter with some of my friends.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
Will a UCI license work for us Cdns?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
bansheeair wrote:
Will a UCI license work for us Cdns?

I think so- last year Ewan Farfad and Darryl Bartlett raced with theirs..........if all fails and this info is incorrect- you can purchase a one day license on site. So your covered to come down and enjoy a well organized and operated event.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
Yeah I knew they were down last year, just checking to see if the options were there for this year too.

On a side note, CyclingBC is going to allow nonUCI license holders from the States to in our BC races, so come on up to ours too. See you at the first FRCup in April.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
bansheeair wrote:
Yeah I knew they were down last year, just checking to see if the options were there for this year too.

On a side note, CyclingBC is going to allow nonUCI license holders from the States to in our BC races, so come on up to ours too. See you at the first FRCup in April.

That's beautiful news. And are passports required at the border still? Or has that been delayed?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
Hopefully i can make it out this year
i meant to make it to all mt hood events last year bought a membership and everything but couldnt make it in the end

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
northwestdhdad wrote:

That's beautiful news. And are passports required at the border still? Or has that been delayed?

Probably a good idea to bring it. I had to use mine last time.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:40 Quote
Came across this DH race in Spokane WA- 2 days for $25 bucks each day. USA Cycling required, sounds fun to me!

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
does everybody need the membership and the licsence.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
marzocchibomber8 wrote:
does everybody need the membership and the licsence.

A USA Cycling Membership is free, the $60 buck permit to race will track your results, earns your bid for National Champs invites, locate other races, plus many more benefits and supports the USA Cycling Team. Without a permit you cannot race any category. They sell one day permits for a $5 fee- if that helps you decide on your season or one race to 'experience' it. USA Cycling took over for NORBA several years ago.

This is the first year USA Cycling will use the new category system though for race classes- which is confusing some of my friends. Hope this helps.

As follows-

Pro's, Cat 1 (formerly know as Experts) Cat 2 (formerly known as Sport) and Cat 3 (Beginners)............no more Semi-Pro's? Why? Because USA Cycling felt they wanted to 'stiffen' the competition in Expert and Pro Classes. So, some guys who raced Semi-Pro for years will now be in Pro's (if they are hungry enough) but some are saying to me- "I'm going back to Expert' which makes things exciting for them. RIP Semi-Pro Class, it was sweet while it lasted. I guess the "Veteran Pro' Class will never happen now.....bummer.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
2009 Fluidride Cup Web Flyer

2009 Fluidride Cup Web Flyer

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
More Info for the first race- Many details answered.

Here is the information for the Dry Hill Fluidride Cups this year. There may be some changes for the May race due to its MAGNITUDE!!! but we will let you know.

Schedule:
Friday practice 1pm-6pm
Saturday practice 9am-4:30pm
dual slalom qualifying 2pm
dual slalom racing 4pm
Sunday practice 8am-9:30
racing starts around 10am

Entry Fees:
Friday Practice, Saturday Practice and Sunday Practice and Racing - $65
Saturday Practice, Sunday Practice and Racing - $55
Lodging options:
Sunday only Practice and Racing - $45
Dual Slalom Racing - $20
***Please Note: Don't count on any more than one practice run on Sunday***

Directions:
Follow Highway 101 to Port Angeles. At Lincoln St. go Left. Follow up past Albertsons and continue approximately 3 miles to Walkabout Way and go Left(small dirt road across from Dry Creek Road). On Walkabout, take your first right thru a big yellow gate, and continue up to the parking area. PLEASE NOTE: AS WITH MT HOOD, THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PERMITTED AT ANY EVENTS AT DRY HILL. PLEASE RESPECT THIS TO HELP PRESERVE THIS GREAT RIDING ZONE

Hotels:
Red Lion Hotel - Port Angeles
221 N. Lincoln
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Toll Free: 1-800-RED-LION
Phone: 360-452-9215
Fax: 360-452-4734
Email: portangelessales@redlion.com
Web Site: www.redlion.com/portangeles
Fluidride Cup #1-April 3,4,5 Premium Water View $105.00 and Standard Non View $85.00
Fluidride Cup #2 -May 1,2,&3 Premium Water View $105.00 and Standard Non View $85.00
Fluidride Cup #5-August 21-23 Premium Water View $179.00 and Standard Non View $129.00
***be sure to mention Olympic Dirt Society when reserving your room ***
Contact #: 360-452-9215

Fairmount Motel
Port Angeles, WA 98363
Phone: (360) 452-1627
Fax: (360) 452-8594
Email: mskang2341@msn.com
Convenient and inexpensive option.

Downtown Hotel
101 1/2 East Front St
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Toll Free: 1-866-688-8600
Phone: 360-565-1125
Email: accommodations@portangelesdowntownhotel.com
Web Site: www.portangelesdowntownhotel.com
Nice and inexpensive

Camping
Elwha Dam RV Park
47 Lower Dam Road
Port Angeles, WA 98363
Toll Free: 1-877-435-9421
Phone: 360-452-7054
Email: paradise@elwhadamrvpark.com
Web Site: www.elwhadamrvpark.com
Very close and big supporters of our sport.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.018185
Mobile Version of Website