Official Kicking Horse thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kicking Horse thread
Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 16:36 Quote
edit found my answers by calling the rental shop

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
Ontario guy here, rode kicking Horse Saturday. Much bigger than my local hill (blue mountain)

Was able to squeeze in 8 runs (blue i have done 17 runs in a day).
Pretty damn sore today.

It was nice not having to pedal over a km to get to the trail entrances like you must at blue...

Definitely improved my riding skill.
Crashed three times, nothing major though. Made for some good go pro footage.

Rented a Scott Gambler. Brakes were dragging and overheating hard the last couple runs.
The size large only had a 350# spring, bottomed out a few times. Seat was rubbing the tire.
Would have preferred my Session with the Saints, but not a bad bike overall considering it was a rental.
Might be back again before the season is over.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/bluewater87/2016-08-13%20016_zps6crlyhec.jpg

Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
8 is a big day Bluewater! Hope your hands held up. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you return. Open until the end of September (weekends, anyway).

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 9:59 Quote
Coming back to KH September 17th and September 24th.

Should I reserve a size large downhill bike ahead of time, or do you think there will be some available that morning if I just walk in?

There's no refunds, so i'm a bit apprehensive paying for it up front.

Anyone up for a riding buddy either of those weekends?

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
You should contact them directly with that question. Weekends can rent out, especially if there is a stag or wedding.
Bluewater87 wrote:

Should I reserve a size large downhill bike ahead of time, or do you think there will be some available that morning if I just walk in?

Posted: Aug 28, 2016 at 13:22 Quote
I contacted them and they couldn't really say whether they'd be booked up or not, so I ended up booking it.

BlackCrowe wrote:
You should contact them directly with that question. Weekends can rent out, especially if there is a stag or wedding.
Bluewater87 wrote:

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 10:25 Quote
What happened here? People forget about Kicking Horse?

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
Hey guys,

Any local riders in Golden? Just came to town, searching for someone to grab few beers, have a chat Smile

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 6:28 Quote
Hi guys,

Coming to KH this summer to work as a lifty. Arriving about June 10th.
Looking for both accommodation and riding friends to show me about!
Anyone about?

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 7:10 Quote
How are the conditions after the rain this weekend ?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 6:09 Quote
Fantastic. The rain is helping rid the alpine of its last snow. There are a few puddles and softness in the newest stuff, but overall the rain doesn't affect the trails like it used to before so much effort has gone into drainage over the past few years.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
photo
ph. Cole Pellerin

BIKE KICKING HORSE FOR FREE THIS SUMMER! JOIN THE TEAM AT THE MOUNTAIN.

Do you like to bike, hike and play in the mountains? Then you should come and join our team this summer! We are filling the last available positions including Mountain Operations Attendants, Cooks, Rental Technicians and Lift Maintenance Helpers. If hired you'll have full access to mountain biking and hiking, and great discounts on Via Ferrata, hotel accommodations, meals, retail and more. To apply today visit our website at https://kickinghorseresort.com/careers/summer-career-opportunities/.

Posted: Sep 1, 2018 at 20:25 Quote
Did anyone happen to find a white/black Fox Proframe helmet and white/black Fox Dirtpaw gloves at the Mountain today? (Saturday). I think I forgot them by the bike wash station. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
hey guys!
we are on our way through golden in september.
as we have downhill bikes I wanted to know if there are any got spots in golden?
it would mean that we'd need lift support as we are not able to shuttle or paddle up.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
Not sure but contact Derailed or Higher Ground shops. Those are you best options.
Demo8AUT wrote:
hey guys!
we are on our way through golden in september.
as we have downhill bikes I wanted to know if there are any got spots in golden?
it would mean that we'd need lift support as we are not able to shuttle or paddle up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014045
Mobile Version of Website