Thank You Mr. Obama

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Thank You Mr. Obama
Posted: Mar 6, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
Every business has a different way of picking the good from the bad... I don't see why a school would be any different...

Business is cut and dry with opinions from mature educated adults. Judging a teacher is not because the performance of that teacher depends on each student that walks through that classroom door.

The issue with this is that the teacher's career then hinges on each child's willingness and ability to cooperate and learn. I remember in grade 7, my class was 1/3 a*shole kids who were only at school because their parents forced them there. They had no intentions of learning or listening and because of this the entire class got dragged through the mud and we learned a fraction of what we were supposed to. It got to the point that the teacher was transferred to another school at Christmas break due to stress. Now is it fair that a teacher gets put out because of the kids?

Looking back this teacher tried harder than anyone else in the school but if you asked his students and looked at the marks, he was the worst in the school.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:39 Quote
Josh, the one thing I've learnt form my brother's large-company experience over the last three years is that a lot of the time it doesn't work effectively like that at all.

And here, unions haven't had any power for thirty years, and education has still got worse. Which leads me to believe that unions aren't the issue affecting quality of education here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009234
Mobile Version of Website