Abbotsford General Discussion Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Abbotsford General Discussion Thread
Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 12:14 Quote
Went for a ride thee a couple days ago and it looks like they did finish off the big set and the medium set is completely rideable. Only major thing I see left is a water source, they were already slippery with dust when I was riding.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
So im looking for some new riding buddies. All my friends who ride have slowly gotten out of it so now im forced to ride by myself all the time and im sick of it. As of now i pretty much only ride ledgeview and bear mountain as those are the ones I can hike up by myself and are close to me. Im 23 and I ride downhill. Would love to find some other peoples around my age to ride with and maybe shuttle that way I can actually ride different trails again. I live in langley so I like I ride all in the valley and some north shore once in a while. If anyones intereted hit me up.

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 7:33 Quote
Someone borrowed some trail tools from the reworked upper daplow section a few weeks back. I'm looking to do some work up there this week if you or someone you know grabbed them, could you bring them back or let me know where on the hill i can find them. Thanks

Posted: Sep 1, 2014 at 11:32 Quote
Hey all, a friend of mine created a Facebook page for local riders. It's basically a page you can go to to set
up a ride time with others. If you feel like riding and don't have anyone to ride with...just drop a comment and
see if anyone wants to join. Copy and paste the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1463069767311040/

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 18:24 Quote
Got someone wrecking jumps at the public park, my guess is because that jump was always a bit hard to clear. Started restacking it but we only got half way done today Facepalm Whip

photo

Posted: Nov 16, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
Its almost impossible to ride ledgeveiw... Comp, paper, and other trails are Covered in ice that eats your speed up. I havent been up to daplow recently.. Lebiteme was semi ride-able.

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
Got someone wrecking jumps at the public park, my guess is because that jump was always a bit hard to clear. Started restacking it but we only got half way done today Facepalm Whip

photo

Thanks for keeping an eye out. What jumps were they hacking up?

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
Hey, I'm planning on riding in Abby next week and wondering what trails I should check out. I'm comfortable riding easier black trails like Aline but want to take a step down as it's one of the first times I'll be riding out of the comforts of a bike park. Confused Any good flow trails or easier tech trails you could recommend that are in decent condition through the winter? Thanks!! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
katbarry wrote:
Hey, I'm planning on riding in Abby next week and wondering what trails I should check out. I'm comfortable riding easier black trails like Aline but want to take a step down as it's one of the first times I'll be riding out of the comforts of a bike park. Confused Any good flow trails or easier tech trails you could recommend that are in decent condition through the winter? Thanks!! Big Grin

Check out either Sumas Mountain or Bear Mountain. Both have a wide range of trails that offer some flow and some tech while still being very accessible by many skill levels.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
wynia wrote:
c-bernier wrote:

photo

Thanks for keeping an eye out. What jumps were they hacking up?
Just the one after the berm on the medium line, there's a picture on my profile

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 16:07 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Check out either Sumas Mountain or Bear Mountain. Both have a wide range of trails that offer some flow and some tech while still being very accessible by many skill levels.
Awesome, thanks! Any favs I should check out?

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 9:36 Quote
katbarry wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Awesome, thanks! Any favs I should check out?

Lorax and Smokin Bobo at Bear are fun for most levels of rider. At Sumas I would suggest Knob Gobbler then Squid Line. Both mountains require pedaling up for your ride down.

Check out www.fvmba.com for more info and maps.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Lorax and Smokin Bobo at Bear are fun for most levels of rider. At Sumas I would suggest Knob Gobbler then Squid Line. Both mountains require pedaling up for your ride down.

Check out www.fvmba.com for more info and maps.
Awesome thanks! I'll check out the fvmba site, too. It'll be good to earn my descent after a lazy summer in the park. tup

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 18:26 Quote
katbarry wrote:

If you're going to be in Abby you should look into heading up to legeview. The trails are not marked or maintained by FVMBA but they are awesome to ride. Lots of flow and tons of tech if you can find a local to ride with or can get directions to the right trails. Which I'd be happy to try to give if you messaged me. If you're looking for marked trails stick to Sumas; if you're looking to get lost in the forest with your bike go ledgeview

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
xXTinnTinnXx wrote:
If you're going to be in Abby you should look into heading up to legeview. The trails are not marked or maintained by FVMBA but they are awesome to ride. Lots of flow and tons of tech if you can find a local to ride with or can get directions to the right trails. Which I'd be happy to try to give if you messaged me. If you're looking for marked trails stick to Sumas; if you're looking to get lost in the forest with your bike go ledgeview
Sounds awesome! For the purpose of my first time riding out of park I'll hit Sumas but I'll message you for more info about Ledgeview 'cause I plan on heading back there a few times over the upcoming months. Cheers! tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013749
Mobile Version of Website