pink bike buy or sell

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
pink bike buy or sell
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 14:19 Quote
has anyone bought a bike on the buy or sell thing on pinkbike and got scammed. tell me about your experiences with buysell

Mod
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 14:32 Quote
I had great success with the Pink Bike Buy or Sell; if you know how to spot scams you will be fine. I have sold 3 bikes, purchaseds 1 bike and around 25 components. I always get home phone number, cell number, and if they are under 18 I ask to speak to their parents. I will also conferm their shipping address and will only use COD as a form of payment.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
dishboy14 wrote:
I had great success with the Pink Bike Buy or Sell; if you know how to spot scams you will be fine. I have sold 3 bikes, purchaseds 1 bike and around 25 components. I always get home phone number, cell number, and if they are under 18 I ask to speak to their parents. I will also conferm their shipping address and will only use COD as a form of payment.

Same here, sold a bike and a bunch of parts. Bought tons of parts, never had an issue. I only buy and sell to those who I can meet in person. I know it minimizes those who would buy it, but never been scammed or anything. Made some new friends too.

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 4:36 Quote
I've sold a bike a bought 2 the first buy was sketchy and i ended up out $25 but the second buy was fine my sell was local adn worked out nice so all in all you need to knwo the person kinda before you buy

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 9:35 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
dishboy14 wrote:
I had great success with the Pink Bike Buy or Sell; if you know how to spot scams you will be fine. I have sold 3 bikes, purchaseds 1 bike and around 25 components. I always get home phone number, cell number, and if they are under 18 I ask to speak to their parents. I will also conferm their shipping address and will only use COD as a form of payment.

Same here, sold a bike and a bunch of parts. Bought tons of parts, never had an issue. I only buy and sell to those who I can meet in person. I know it minimizes those who would buy it, but never been scammed or anything. Made some new friends too.
That's very true, somehow people who buy stuff off you and can meet in person to do the transaction end up being the most chill people; I end up doing a run or two with them on the mountains sometime afterwards in a lot of the cases. tup

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 9:58 Quote
I have had great success as well selling on Pinkbike, I have sold a couple bikes, forks, frames, etc. As long as you ship C.O.D. your most likely not gunna get scammed. It is safe and the worst that can happen is yu get your part back and have to pay shipping yourself. And the fact buysell is free to use is awsome as well, and I noticed now that I have a big seller history less sketchy ppl talk to me, they usually go for the newbies.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 9:28 Quote
hey um what does C.O.D stand for is it like where the deliverer makes sure he get the money before give the item to the other person or what?

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
COD= Cash On delivery

I bought a fork from a guy in WA last year off this site. I usually look for those that include a phone number and end up calling them. I have noticed (and spoke with people who got burned)whenever they state "send money western union"... SCAM!!!! sucks there are people like this out there

Mod
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 9:55 Quote
jrotto wrote:
COD= Cash On delivery

I bought a fork from a guy in WA last year off this site. I usually look for those that include a phone number and end up calling them. I have noticed (and spoke with people who got burned)whenever they state "send money western union"... SCAM!!!! sucks there are people like this out there


Any sort of money transfers I think scam as well; as long as you do C.O.D you will be fine, most places even let me check the item out before I pay the C.O.D charge.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 9:56 Quote
I've had great experiences with using the buy and sell on pinkbike. I bought a dh fork, dh bike, sram x-7 deraileur. i also sold a bike and 5 other things on the buy and sell. pinkbike buy and sell is really good. i'd say its the next best thing to buying brand new stuff at bike shops.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
dishboy14 wrote:
jrotto wrote:
COD= Cash On delivery

I bought a fork from a guy in WA last year off this site. I usually look for those that include a phone number and end up calling them. I have noticed (and spoke with people who got burned)whenever they state "send money western union"... SCAM!!!! sucks there are people like this out there


Any sort of money transfers I think scam as well; as long as you do C.O.D you will be fine, most places even let me check the item out before I pay the C.O.D charge.

does that meen you ship the money?

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
dishboy14 wrote:
jrotto wrote:
COD= Cash On delivery

I bought a fork from a guy in WA last year off this site. I usually look for those that include a phone number and end up calling them. I have noticed (and spoke with people who got burned)whenever they state "send money western union"... SCAM!!!! sucks there are people like this out there


Any sort of money transfers I think scam as well; as long as you do C.O.D you will be fine, most places even let me check the item out before I pay the C.O.D charge.

does that meen you ship the money?
Nope, it stands for cash on delivery, that is, you go to the post office to pick up the item they shipped you and only then do you pay.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
no im pretty sure the thing that u ordered goes to the post ofice and u go and pick it up and pay them what u owe

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
no im pretty sure the thing that u ordered goes to the post ofice and u go and pick it up and pay them what u owe
That's what I said. Wink

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.020965
Mobile Version of Website