Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
dagzin wrote:
While I was at it I painted/ masked the fork crown too..

Re-sprayed fork crown

This might sound silly but are you using a professional spray gun for this or just rattle cans?

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
That fork is ridiculously nice. Good job dude Big Grin

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 11:37 Quote
Right I'm getting my frame sprayed soon, is it necessary for the original paint to be stripped back and if so how much? All the way to metal or just through the lacquer? The paint is in overall good condition just with some chips here and there and a bit of lacquer fade, any suggestions?

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 22:52 Quote
USMC wrote:
Looks sweet man. Great job!!

Thanks

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 22:55 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
That fork looks beauty!!! I just got my crank and fork decals from NLD, nice stuff, matched my frame color very well on the fork decals for my 40, and he gives ya free ID decals with your order!

Yeah well happy with them, nldesigns did a great job..the gold on the decals matches nicely with the kashima..

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 23:00 Quote
pikls94 wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Re-sprayed fork crown

This might sound silly but are you using a professional spray gun for this or just rattle cans?

Yeah I used a spray gun, a devilbiss..

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 23:19 Quote
What colour did you use for the stanchions? I'm really impressed with how you almost matched the Kashima gold, and got the text on too. Mm well done.

Smile

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 0:13 Quote
pimpin-gimp wrote:
What colour did you use for the stanchions? I'm really impressed with how you almost matched the Kashima gold, and got the text on too. Mm well done.

Smile

Thanks I melted now some pound coins Tobget the Kashima liquid gold and got my highly trained monkey to write the text with a biro.. He done well since I pay him peanuts.. Wink

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
[Quote="dagzin"]
pikls94 wrote:
dagzin wrote:

Love my Devilbiss spray gun. My go to gun in my collection. of course the others are cheap guns Iusually use for primer for year and then throw them away. i get them for $12. lol

Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 17:21 Quote
USMC wrote:
photo

Needs a better rear shock but will do for now.

photo

Better pics during the day first ride is tomorrow. Been busy and the trails are so wet most of them are closed. Driving a ways out to get to some trails I can ride tomorrow.
nice paint job

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 12:46 Quote
USMC wrote:
photo

Needs a better rear shock but will do for now.

photo

Better pics during the day first ride is tomorrow. Been busy and the trails are so wet most of them are closed. Driving a ways out to get to some trails I can ride tomorrow.

That's some skills there on them flames

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
[Quote="USMC"]
dagzin wrote:
pikls94 wrote:

Love my Devilbiss spray gun. My go to gun in my collection. of course the others are cheap guns Iusually use for primer for year and then throw them away. i get them for $12. lol

Yeah the devilbiss are ok.. Where I work buys the guns so can't complain..Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
All done... I'm happy with themBig Grin
Fox float 36 RLC fit Decals by Nldesigns http nldesigns.eu

Fox float 36 RLC Decals by Nldesigns http nldesigns.eu

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
dagzin wrote:
USMC wrote:

That's some skills there on them flames
Thanks its not hard color selection is the hardest part

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025997
Mobile Version of Website