Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
Thanks! that might be easier since i know exactly what colors i need in can so i wouldnt need to color match and probably pay more. Will the rattle cans look as good as a nice auto paint?

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
OahuMTB wrote:
Thanks! that might be easier since i know exactly what colors i need in can so i wouldnt need to color match and probably pay more. Will the rattle cans look as good as a nice auto paint?
prep work, the clear will give you the finish you desire. Use the color coats for just that color and take your time.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 23:02 Quote
Now that we've established the paint job can anyone direct me to a thread about head badges? I need a mandalorian skull head badge to match the boba fett paint scheme.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 23:39 Quote
You want decals or something metal?

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 23:58 Quote
im hoping for metal or maybe a hard plastic i was thinking maybe even going to the university and having someone 3D print one.

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 6:13 Quote
OahuMTB wrote:
im hoping for metal or maybe a hard plastic i was thinking maybe even going to the university and having someone 3D print one.

why no look on ebay or something for a pin, then removing the back and attatching it to the headtube?

like this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/70/81/c1/7081c1e8e108b49f57df784388b0aa49.jpg

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
i would but i need certain dimensions.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 8:51 Quote
This is my daughters Giant balance bike re purposed and painted for my son.
I cleaned and buffed the paint lightly and sprayed it with a adhesion promoter, Primed it, painted the green using some left over paint from a project here at work, then painted the hot rod black and faded it into the green. I made the head tube R by printing on masking tape, then cutting the it out and applying before I sprayed the black. It was finished up with 3 layers of clear.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14056337/

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
That is pimp as faahhhhck!

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
photo

I got this frame off eBay, It had a terrible spray can paint job. I stripped it to metal, primed it, laid down the white, masked it up and painted the green. Finished it off with a few layers of clear.
Painted with spray paint from Autozone

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 17:19 Quote
Looks sweet stem caps..

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 8:02 Quote
Now that I know how to post pictures properly, here is my son's newly painted Giant balance bike.

Repaint of Nora s Giant balance bike for Ryan. Complete with R head badge. Ryan could care less but I m stoked. Hot Rod black fade to left over paint green and a good few layers of clear to finish.

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
USMC wrote:
Really happy with how this came out.
  Really happy with how this came out.
Some next-level-shit would be to get the rubber cable guides that help route the cable into the frame made out of clear polymer!

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
Well boys I had a good run with the P-40 theme this year, but the quick paint job is getting pretty beaten, and everyone just thinks I'm ripping off Peaty's bike anyways! So what you guys think? Any suggestions of what might look good? Think ill stick with the raw cranks and seatpost, and keep my susp links the same (or go full raw with em).....was thinking just a nice gloss black would be sharp...but I do like to have something that's a bit different. Suggestions welcome! thanks

^ that frame above looks rad...I'm gonna use stripper on mine...maybe ill just keep it raw and half polish it? then clear?

Nicest Gambler

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 2:07 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
Well boys I had a good run with the P-40 theme this year, but the quick paint job is getting pretty beaten, and everyone just thinks I'm ripping off Peaty's bike anyways! So what you guys think? Any suggestions of what might look good? Think ill stick with the raw cranks and seatpost, and keep my susp links the same (or go full raw with em).....was thinking just a nice gloss black would be sharp...but I do like to have something that's a bit different. Suggestions welcome! thanks

^ that frame above looks rad...I'm gonna use stripper on mine...maybe ill just keep it raw and half polish it? then clear?

Nicest Gambler

Paint frame Matt black, add some hot pink splats...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011567
Mobile Version of Website