Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 5:52 Quote
If you decide to raw and half polish it. Don't clear it. The polish even after removed will react to the clear coat. (speaking from experience here). Just keep it clean and every now and then throw a polish on it. A raw frame does not need clear. I like the black pink idea also though.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 9:13 Quote
USMC wrote:
If you decide to raw and half polish it. Don't clear it. The polish even after removed will react to the clear coat. (speaking from experience here). Just keep it clean and every now and then throw a polish on it. A raw frame does not need clear. I like the black pink idea also though.

Good point on trying to clear over polish....probably wont work too well eh? haha I don't mind the splatter over black idea, I just wouldn't use pink, maybe like a mint green though. Good few weeks of riding time left before it gets stripped down, lots of time to ponder. I wouldn't mind like a flashy metallic color tho like a heavy flake lowrider type color, maybe like a purple or a green.

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 10:23 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
USMC wrote:

Good point on trying to clear over polish....probably wont work too well eh? haha I don't mind the splatter over black idea, I just wouldn't use pink, maybe like a mint green though. Good few weeks of riding time left before it gets stripped down, lots of time to ponder. I wouldn't mind like a flashy metallic color tho like a heavy flake lowrider type color, maybe like a purple or a green.

PURPLE ALL THE THINGS!

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 20:23 Quote
Digging the heavy flake low rider.

Or my personal favourite red, white and blue with Stars and Stripes and bald eagle head badge

Posted: Nov 16, 2016 at 21:01 Quote
Thepureface wrote:

Or my personal favourite red, white and blue with Stars and Stripes and bald eagle head badge

Nah with that paint scheme id have a decal of trumps head on the headtube.......Salute

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 4:15 Quote
Then i will crash into every tree headtube first

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Nah with that paint scheme id have a decal of trumps head on the headtube.......Salute

Lol.

Just do it black with the trump head badge.

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 16:04 Quote
Haha nah I think im gonna go with a heavy metal flake just not sure of the color yet, a silver flake with all black components would be trick I think.

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 17:58 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
Haha nah I think im gonna go with a heavy metal flake just not sure of the color yet, a silver flake with all black components would be trick I think.

Ya I like the metal flake. It would be different

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 8:39 Quote
Rothmetalflake.com Spray can metal flake Automotive quality. good stuff.

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 9:00 Quote
USMC wrote:

Ill check it out thanks!

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 9:04 Quote
Rad, likely what ill end up ordering! Thanks for the recommendation man.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 18:15 Quote
Man that's a cool website! Thanks USMC!

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Started with this originally.
photo
Bought it last fall from a guy on here. Fun bike, but was due for a fresh coat of paint. due to paint bubbling, scratches, etc.. Had it mixed to match the factory color & kept it simple. Got decals from Bianchi.
photo

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 2:48 Quote
USMC wrote:
I have a spray gun and sufficient air, I should buy some flake!

Thanks for the link!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016231
Mobile Version of Website