2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 17:07 Quote
Conspiracy theory says Damon Hill was getting his revenge.....

Was a great race......maybe even the best of the season so far.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:38 Quote
Bhaha. Ive heard that suggested too. The rule seems pretty definitive though - and was applied correctly. The rule does seem a bit odd though - the safety car has gone, why not race? As for Alonso being told "the race is over - no overtaking", seems a bit odd, given that the back end of the car was all over the place!

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:52 Quote
While I agree the rule is there and a rule is a rule............the two cars that had caused the SC had been removed, the lights on the SC flashed so that it was the final lap before it re-entered the pits (which it does at the end of every SC period), race control "green lit" the track, flags were waving accordingly which negates any yellow flag precautions (i.e. no passing). Everyone......I guess except Alonso, raced to the line to finish (Both Red Bulls and the Renault gunned it....why would they have if that was the predermined finishing order?).

In other racing forms if you finish under a yellow, the SC leads you across the line, it doesn't pull off. If an error occured it was purely on race control, it was their mistake and no one elses. Hate to say it, but award both MS and FA with the 6th place final and give them equal points.

Slow clap for the FIA.

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
Who woulda thunk it.

"Bernie Ecclestone announced on Tuesday that Austin will host the United States Grand Prix in a new deal which is due to commence in 2012.

Formula One's commercial rights controller said the Texas state capital would stage the race for 10 years until 2021 on a purpose-built track.

"For the first time in the history of Formula One in the United States, a world-class facility will be purpose-built to host the event," Ecclestone told the official formula1.com website.

"This...will be the first time a facility is constructed from the ground up specifically for Formula One in the US," he added.

Since that deal ended, Ecclestone has been searching for an alternative with the knowledge that teams, manufacturers and sponsors alike were keen to return to one of their largest markets.

The last purpose-built road course to stage the race, however, was the Watkins Glen track in New York state in 1980.

"We are extremely honoured and proud to reach an agreement with the F1 Commercial Rights Holder," said Tavo Hellmund, the managing partner of Austin-based race promoters Full Throttle Productions.

"We have been diligently working together for several years to bring this great event to Austin, the State of Texas and back to the United States."

He added: "This is a case of the right timing in the right place.

"Austin features that rare combination of ideal geographic location and beauty. Its fine dining, world-renowned hospitality and excellent transportation infrastructure make Austin ideally suited to host and manage an event of this magnitude."

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 3:10 Quote
Austin is the capital of texas, yet houston is a larger city.

2 years isnt long to build a "world-class facility". Also a 10 year contract sounds ambitious. In 10 years so much could have changed. I was under the inpression that most circuits are on like a 3yr deal?

Posted: May 26, 2010 at 11:57 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Austin is the capital of texas, yet houston is a larger city.

2 years isnt long to build a "world-class facility". Also a 10 year contract sounds ambitious. In 10 years so much could have changed. I was under the inpression that most circuits are on like a 3yr deal?

That's not exactly uncommon. Last time I looked, NYC was five or six times bigger than Washington DC.

If you trust the shit that comes out of Eccelstone's mouth you win no respect from me.

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 6:00 Quote
harriieee wrote:
That's not exactly uncommon. Last time I looked, NYC was five or six times bigger than Washington DC.

If you trust the shit that comes out of Eccelstone's mouth you win no respect from me.
I know. Like 30/50 states the largest city isnt the capital.

Exactly what happened to 2010 British GP at Donington?

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 6:05 Quote
donnington couldnt afford it or something like that

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 8:09 Quote
But Bernie was sure that it was going to happen...

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
the lease ran out and they couldnt afford to renew it or something

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 at 8:49 Quote
2010 Canadian GP = best race of the season.

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 at 8:56 Quote
Agreed. Slightly biased, but always yields a great race. They should just go to all tracks that were constructed before 1997 and repeat until the 16-18 odd races are finished.

The Tilke parades grow tiresome. On all of his tracks they should install sprinklers to at least add some excitment.

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
On all of his tracks they should install sprinklers to at least add some excitment.
+1

The race was pretty good. The middle was a bit bland but great ending

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 7:44 Quote
Interesting race and the results aren't even "official" yet.

Kobayashi was amazing in the last 5 laps!

Red Bull, it gives you wings.

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
I saw Micheal Schumacher's 2004 F1 car the other day. somebody managed to get bridgestone to bring it and someones indy, along with a simulator with the Montreal track on it down my way, so i went to check it out. pretty sick shit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014522
Mobile Version of Website