Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Posted: Dec 23, 2012 at 15:11 Quote
Jonny121 wrote:
I went up today to have a nosey.... It's pretty sucky!

It's just a glorified XC track. Few little rocks here and there and a few corners. Doesn't have any decent flow, berms are just thrown anywhere and also has a lot of stupid rocks that are meant to be rock kickers i think but are just stupid. Isn't challenging at all even if you go down it at mac 10.... Wouldn't recommend to anyone other than novice riders. Defiantly not a 'Downhill' track in the slightest. If you take anything other than a hardtail or a very short travel full sus you will regret going in the first place.

They have tried copying other trial centers and failed badly. Personally i feel it was a waste of money.

Would have liked it if the FC would have asked riders what they would have liked. As personally i feel a 4x track would have suited the hill more. Also they could have looked into pump tracks and other features instead of trying to build some sort of downhill track on the small hill they have.

Completely agree and as me and you were some of the people who helped build the original trail it seems silly with how it's been replaced. Unfortunately, it seems like the person who designed this trail was lacking ideas and biking skills. Would of been much better and less money without the rocks and also the berms look too low for the trail and there is very little variety as well as technical skills needed. If they were going to try a duel something like chick sands would have been better as the terrain is very similar as well as the soil

Posted: Dec 28, 2012 at 10:00 Quote
I get that most of you are not impressed, and i agree for £200,000 they could have done a lot better.
It'll realy put off the few dh riders that came to the pines, like you've all said it aint a dh track, but i put xc rims on and maxxis ignitors and it's pretty fast flowing until you get to the berms at the bottom, they are a disgrace.
I've rode it at least 30 times now and still can not get my head around what they were thinking...
Pretty disapointed realy, guna have to start going to Bestwood more.

Posted: Dec 28, 2012 at 11:35 Quote
Rode it today.. Pathetic.

Less technical than the blue route. Anyone up for some dig days when things dry out a bit?

Posted: Dec 28, 2012 at 11:42 Quote
Deffo up for a dig. Anyone know how the jumps are riding?

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 at 2:23 Quote
First of all it was 20,000 not 200,000 n pines aint a dh place..if wud of bin a lot place to ride if ppl dint sue them all the time..tht is one of the reasons y the north shore was taken dwn

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 at 8:17 Quote
clubroost9 wrote:
First of all it was 20,000 not 200,000
I stand corrected.
Maybe after a few months and the debris been moved from the sides we can build it up ourself.

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 at 9:54 Quote
I think what it needs is a group/organisation (us) to take charge as I think a major contribution to what amount doesn't get used on the park is labour. And I know a lot more people would give up a day for a £10 or £20 voucher for the shop which keeps the money local

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 at 10:59 Quote
Sorry was abrupt..
The only thing wiv a group to sort its thr forestry commision tht will come knocked shit dwn..
Best doin little bits at a time, its ment to b finished by the new yr so hopefully then we can start changin bits if tht makes sense??

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
The dj's r shit need to major work but i am well up for gettIn them sorted

Posted: Dec 29, 2012 at 11:28 Quote
Spent 20k making it shit, took out the bits that made it half decent and put stones in that are tiny

Posted: Dec 30, 2012 at 3:50 Quote
U can say its shit but its a family orintated forest n as ive said before all these so called bikers keep on suein we wont have a place to ride anymore..
For EG some tried suein the pines cos they buckled there wheel n ppl constantly suein them wen they fell off the north shore..so thts the reason y its like it is

Posted: Dec 30, 2012 at 7:06 Quote
Has anyone tried the actual red route running along side the dh runs?
It's more fun to be honest, and a little more technical, and faster, and more jumps... umm...

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 5:34 Quote
Man, I know I aint the most confident rider out there, but it looks like I could tackle that 'downhill' run on my hardtail Mongoose with 125mm travel front forks with no trouble at all. Last time I went there was before they did all these 'uprated modifications' and found it a bit more of a challenge, but was still able to keep up with me mate on his Kona Stinky. I am sure though there is a disclaimer that people ride these tracks at their own risk?

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 12:35 Quote
clubroost9 wrote:
U can say its shit but its a family orintated forest n as ive said before all these so called bikers keep on suein we wont have a place to ride anymore..
For EG some tried suein the pines cos they buckled there wheel n ppl constantly suein them wen they fell off the north shore..so thts the reason y its like it is

Did not know that. But do not see how it makes any difference if its ladders or a huge rock they lay in the ground. So are people suein at places like Cannok as that is a lot harsher. Going next week sound good there. Sorry to hear that about people at pines, i thought that was the reason they had warning signs up.

Posted: Jan 1, 2013 at 13:36 Quote
When I went while they were still building I thought its going to be good when they put the jumps in. Went back weeks later to find it done and they didn't put any jumps in lol. Not botherd bout the ns going as it was ok but not great. I do think some of the old stuff should of been kept and added in as part of new tracks. There was talk of a dual track aswell I take it this is sumwere els in forest as I haven't seen it at the bike park.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013346
Mobile Version of Website