Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
Sorry, but if they think getting sued for damages was bad, how do they think its going to be when people sue the for false advertising. Theres NO WAY they can call that a downhill track. The stuff they had before was okay, not great, but okay. And then they put this here. Its not even dissapointing, i'd be able to make the most of a wasted trip if it was just dissapointing. This is insulting. Its a discredit for that to be classed as downhill.

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 10:55 Quote
Whats happened to pines north shore (if we can label it that) got a bike again now and wanna chuck myself down them for a day to get some skill (little) i have left better been out nearly 3 years. Jonny you still go down? Dont mind bringing a spade to build some kickers into the massive bowl at the end of the last n/s drop...

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
mattnaz wrote:
Whats happened to pines north shore (if we can label it that) got a bike again now and wanna chuck myself down them for a day to get some skill (little) i have left better been out nearly 3 years. Jonny you still go down? Dont mind bringing a spade to build some kickers into the massive bowl at the end of the last n/s drop...

All the northshore is gone. In its place is this little girly track that might as well be lined with flowers.

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 13:59 Quote
Was looking forward to seeing what they'd done when back at uni in notts, but by from what ive seen and heard I think they've killed it off

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 22:38 Quote
mattnaz wrote:

All the shore has gone and been replaced by shit unflowing berms and crappy random rocks somehow its more pedally than before

but yeah i am up sometime and i am up for building silly kickers like the old days. Message me your number or something

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 1:30 Quote
Glad other people think its shit. Got moaned at for saying that on here last week. Who thinks of where to put the rocks. Bet the team that built them are ashamed.

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 7:48 Quote
Ffs. So when we said it couldn't get any worse after it being built it actually has. Great! Yeah man ill message you now. Heading up cannock Saturday for a blast.

Posted: Jan 7, 2013 at 6:26 Quote
Gotta agree, pines has gone down hill big time.
There seems to be no sence in the design of the DH runs, whats with all the rocks???

At least the origal runs had some variety, a few drops, jumps, the odd tree stump.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 1:32 Quote
Oh well about time we went and made our own stuff seeing as its shit. Fish ruined it to be honest when he first started building. Yeah he had ideas but couldnt put them on that sort of land, needed to use the small slop to the biggest advantage possible rather than building stuff that you lose momentum over.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 2:21 Quote
I think the best way to make it accessible would be a dual with no shore just rollers, little kickers, tabletops and stuff

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 8:15 Quote
People have started making a track to the left, where the two-rock step use to be, there's a one and half? foot drop gap, then it leads off into some corners, didn't realy look at it much, i did however decide to stop going to the pines.
This is because if i want to do xc and get covered in shit i can do this in Pleasley, Tevasel & Woodhouse. If i want to do more dh i'll start going to Caudwel and help build up some tracks.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/293218/
It's a start.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19 Quote
Me and a few mates cleared a dirt trail off to the left the other weekend, its got a small kicker then a few bomb holes and a tight twisted single track bit towards the bottom.
Its not ideal but its ok for a few runs.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 12:13 Quote
What's the dj's looking like mower days?

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 12:23 Quote
derbydanz wrote:
What's the dj's looking like mower days?

Same old, same old. The last time i went.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.476568
Mobile Version of Website