- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 2:38 Quote
I would -not- buy that for 1300. Also, no ads in the forums and that jazz.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 7:41 Quote
Hurt the back wheel on my Killswitch Saturday so I busted out the Mob on Sunday. I love my Mob, but it really high lighted what a great bike the Killswitch is. Still so happy with it!

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:12 Quote
LeroyRochester wrote:
Hurt the back wheel on my Killswitch Saturday so I busted out the Mob on Sunday. I love my Mob, but it really high lighted what a great bike the Killswitch is. Still so happy with it!
Same here. I love all my hard tail bikes. But my Killswitch is SOOO addicting Smile

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:39 Quote
Honestly I would be more interested in the Killswitch if it were a little lighter. 6.9 lbs without a shock is kinda crazy.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
Time for a killswitch v2...

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:43 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Time for a killswitch v2...

I suppose that's a possibility. Although it seems like Carter is getting back to the roots of the Black Market brand more recently. He just teased some 3 and 4-piece steel riser bars that he's working on.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:48 Quote
It's kind of a shame they aren't updating their stuff to some more modern geo.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:50 Quote
Yeah I feel like the Killswitch is kinda outdated at this point. It's been in production for how many years now? Like 4 or 5? And it's been unchanged since that time. It was revolutionary when it was new, but short travel play bikes have changed a lot since then, and it has stayed the same.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
I meant more specifically their hardtails, but yeah. Their whole line is dated, the only thing i would want is a killswitch and that's just because i've always liked them aesthetically.

My riot was fun, but i feel like my jackal has more aggressive geo.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:53 Quote
Yeah their aesthetics are sweet, but almost everything else about the frame turns me off. The price, the geometry, the weight...

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
The whole thing is that Black Market is being run by only one person (as far as I know).
Then it is pretty impossible to keep up with new stuff like big companies do that have dozens of people working for them.

BUT: Black Market has always been one of the leaders: one of the companies that brings new stuff to the market and is a big part in the progression of cycling, unlike big corporate companies like Specialized (who look at smaller companies like Black Market, watch them bring new products to the market, and only copy it when they see it becomes succesfull).

For example the Killswitch was something new and big, the Mob was way beyond any other frame geometry wise back in the days, the Roam was the first bike on the market that you can use with 26", 27.5" and 29" wheels by switching drop outs specific for each wheelsize. Their Tech9 fork is one of the strongest rigid forks on the market (together with the Dobermann Tchokr, which is not being produced anymore), they are the first mtb company to produce 4" and 5" rise bars with crossbars, etc, etc. They also are the first company that I've seen using tapered drop outs, which is a huge improvement compared to regular horizontal drop outs.

For such a small company they make a huge difference. And their old stuff isn't outdated either. Their hardtail frames have a new improved geometry, their bars and stems have been improved by the years. Also almost their whole production line has been taken back to the USA, where they are improving the quality of the products even more. And they are super busy releasing many new stuff that has never been done by any other mtb company before.

In my opinion Black Market is ahead of time with bringing new stuff to the market.

Just because they haven't changed their Killswitch since they released it less than 4 years ago, does not mean at all that the company is outdated. Maybe in the meanwhile other companies have released lighter frames, but with Black Market you can always expect great quality.

Also Black Market is not a trend company. Because of that they don't release frames as light as Dartmoor and NS Bikes. They choose to trustworthy and safe products that will hold out for a long long time, instead of creating super light weight frames and products that an average rider will break within a year. Another thing where you can see they are not a trend company is the colors, they don't want people to buy their stuff for the trendy (/flashy colors) but for their quality. Because of this they are rather a company loved by older riders who mostly care about quality, than by teens who mostly care about following trends. But in the meanwhile this same small rider owned company always brings new stuff to the market that has never been done before, or at least not in a high enough quality.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 11:12 Quote
Did you already have that typed up in a text file on your desktop? lol

Also no one said the company was outdated.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
seraph wrote:
Did you already have that typed up in a text file on your desktop? lol

Also no one said the company was outdated.

Nope lol lol

Nobble said "their whole line is outdated"

I really disagree on that and needed to explain why Smile

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 11:18 Quote
I don't think their whole line is outdated, otherwise I would not have bought an Edit1. I love the geometry of my bike. I do agree that the Killswitch should be updated though.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
I'm curious,what about the Killswitch would you want changed besides HA?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012799
Mobile Version of Website