- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!
Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
Snapped the bars pulling up out of a jump out berm

Had a little accident

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 7:44 Quote
Ouch! Hope you didn't break your ass!

Love those Cult Vans grips!

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 8:17 Quote
First gen Hatchets are known to have these issues. The newer ones are good tho. I've been running mine for over 2 years with no problems.

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 9:08 Quote
Don't even know what gen these are. Got them in 2013. In contact with Carter about a replacement though. Don't really want to ride any other bars.
Didn't get hurt, happened as I pulled up out of a jump out berm on a pumptrack. Just annoying because we had gone on a 6 hour roadtrip to ride and then it happened on the second day out of three. Also my second week of riding after being out for 6 months.
Those grips are the best.

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 at 5:58 Quote
I LOVE this thing..

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20140607_142527.jpg

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
Got to vent a bit. I really love Blk Mrkt. I have my MOB for nearly 6 (!!!!) years now, was thinking about the Edit one for my next bike. I also have a Killswitch. I rode the Molly Hatchet bars and loved them. I always rave to my friends about their bikes and their products.
But these past few weeks I have been wondering if my loyalty has been misplaced. I emailed Carter about my broken bars regarding warranty and he replied asking for a proof of purchase and a picture of the broken bars. I sent him a copy of the receipt off CRC(all I had over, I understand if he didn't want that) and a picture of the bars.
Then radio silence. I emailed a few days later asking if I could get an update on what is happening and again no reply.
I then just let the warranty go and emailed him asking if I could ship off the US store to South Africa as CRC no longer has the bars. Again no reply. That was around 4th of July. Then yesterday I emailed again asking only about shipping and again got no response.
It is really frustrating to me. I am a bit stuck for bars as I can't really find any other 22.2 bars(in 2in rise) and my steerer is cut too short to put on a regular MTB stem.
All I want is an answer. Just any clarity on what is happening. If they can ship to SA I will buy the bars right now. If they can't I will need to start making another plan.
Cry Jail

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:02 Quote
candymuffin wrote:
Got to vent a bit. I really love Blk Mrkt. I have my MOB for nearly 6 (!!!!) years now, was thinking about the Edit one for my next bike. I also have a Killswitch. I rode the Molly Hatchet bars and loved them. I always rave to my friends about their bikes and their products.
But these past few weeks I have been wondering if my loyalty has been misplaced. I emailed Carter about my broken bars regarding warranty and he replied asking for a proof of purchase and a picture of the broken bars. I sent him a copy of the receipt off CRC(all I had over, I understand if he didn't want that) and a picture of the bars.
Then radio silence. I emailed a few days later asking if I could get an update on what is happening and again no reply.
I then just let the warranty go and emailed him asking if I could ship off the US store to South Africa as CRC no longer has the bars. Again no reply. That was around 4th of July. Then yesterday I emailed again asking only about shipping and again got no response.
It is really frustrating to me. I am a bit stuck for bars as I can't really find any other 22.2 bars(in 2in rise) and my steerer is cut too short to put on a regular MTB stem.
All I want is an answer. Just any clarity on what is happening. If they can ship to SA I will buy the bars right now. If they can't I will need to start making another plan.
Cry Jail

Have you thought about calling Black Market directly?

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:14 Quote
candymuffin wrote:
Cry Jail
Dartmoor fate's are 22.2 and 2", really cheap also

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
seraph wrote:
candymuffin wrote:
Cry Jail

Have you thought about calling Black Market directly?
Thought about it earlier just not sure how. Can't do it off my cellphone and I don't have a land line.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
Why can't you do it off of your cell phone?

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 13:11 Quote
seraph wrote:
Why can't you do it off of your cell phone?
I can't make international calls.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 13:14 Quote
Download skype, if you have a paypal account, you can buy a small amount of credit and use it for international phone calls, though you won't have a callback number.

Alternatively we can raise a stink about it.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 13:25 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Download skype, if you have a paypal account, you can buy a small amount of credit and use it for international phone calls, though you won't have a callback number.

Alternatively we can raise a stink about it.

Thats a good idea. Although it seems the minimum amount of credit is $10. Which after the exchange rate is quite a bit. I saw a free trail though that I will sign up for and try using next week.

Its not worth raising a stink over. They are just potentially going to lose a customer.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 13:25 Quote
Well, I hear Deity always has plenty of extra love to go around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015859
Mobile Version of Website