- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!
Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
that is a nice 'spare' build.

diggin it!

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
Blkmrkt Edit1

Bike has changed colour after killing some rims, also new fork with some appropriate coloured decals Cool . Hubs are still blue as i can't justify spending a million dollars on hubs just to change the colour Beer
23.20 pounds as she sits

Blkmrkt Edit1 23.2 lbs

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 21:33 Quote
/\ Thats a super light build man, looks good!

Brakeless rigid park Mob
photo

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 9:56 Quote
travis8 wrote:
Blkmrkt Edit1

Bike has changed colour after killing some rims, also new fork with some appropriate coloured decals Cool . Hubs are still blue as i can't justify spending a million dollars on hubs just to change the colour Beer
23.20 pounds as she sits

Blkmrkt Edit1 23.2 lbs

Bike looks awesome! Still heavier than my Edit 1 was though Wink

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 14:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
travis8 wrote:
Blkmrkt Edit1

23.20 pounds as she sits

Blkmrkt Edit1 23.2 lbs

Bike looks awesome! Still heavier than my Edit 1 was though Wink

Yup you defiantly won the weight game with yours Beer

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
Got the new Blk Mrkt Sweet Bars on my Mob(Finally)
New Blk Mrkt Sweet Bars on my Mob

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
I'm digging the new 3 piece bars. Remind me of the Immortis Bucket Bars I have on my Mob, sans the crossbar.

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 11:02 Quote
those 3 piece bars do look awesome tup

i just got these 4"rise
got those ILLBIKE FLU HI bars on with a CULT top load borrowed from my friend and 3 pegs these days

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
anyone riding the "lil monster 24" ? the BLKMRKT site has some awesome spec options for it but i cant find contraband specs to compare

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 12:21 Quote
mr-carbon wrote:
anyone riding the "lil monster 24" ? the BLKMRKT site has some awesome spec options for it but i cant find contraband specs to compare

Yeah, I have one of the first ones carter got out the door. I had a small chance to take it on in the fall and was mind blown. My friend has a contraband and the thing I noticed more is the tighter stays, 13.7" I think?, and quiet a substantial difference in weight. My frame is a 21.5 TT, euro bb, 135x10 spacing, 27.2mm seatpost. It has custom pain with a heafty clear coat and still weighs in at 4.9lbs

The price is pretty impressive for an american handmade frame set with super therm cromo tubing.

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
BoneDog wrote:
mr-carbon wrote:

Yeah, I have one of the first ones carter got out the door. I had a small chance to take it on in the fall and was mind blown. My friend has a contraband and the thing I noticed more is the tighter stays, 13.7" I think?, and quiet a substantial difference in weight. My frame is a 21.5 TT, euro bb, 135x10 spacing, 27.2mm seatpost. It has custom pain with a heafty clear coat and still weighs in at 4.9lbs

The price is pretty impressive for an american handmade frame set with super therm cromo tubing.

wish i could have a test ride to make such an investment feel justified haha. i was looking at NS capital also
lighter sounds good. were you riding DJ? could you tell if its a steeper head tube?

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 12:47 Quote
mr-carbon wrote:
BoneDog wrote:
mr-carbon wrote:

wish i could have a test ride to make such an investment feel justified haha. i was looking at NS capital also
lighter sounds good. were you riding DJ? could you tell if its a steeper head tube?

They both have the same HT angle.

Contraband 72 degrees with 414mm AtoC fork
lil monster 71 degree with 80mm fork (greater AtoC)

If you crunch some math and make some approximations on what fork its based off, you will find its within .5 degrees.

The frame is fairly versatile like most blkmrkt bikes. you can slam a rigid fork on there to steepen it up for street or you can slap on an 80mm fork and slacken it out to make it very comfy for dj.

I was considering an NS capital before hand, but its not as versatile. the BB is really high and the HT is super aggresive and steep. Its truly a street specific frameset.

73.5 degree ht with 420mm AtoC fork.

If you have ever ridden one, you will notice really fast just how aggressive the geo is.

The cap is awesome if you come from a BMX or enjoy more a BMX ride quality, the blk market has a little more MTB like heritage in its design. I ride DH and AM 80% of the time, and I feel more confident and at home on the blkmrkt.

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 15:50 Quote
Salute very usefull answer

sounds like i should ride a capital for a while

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
[Quote="BoneDog"][Quote="mr-carbon"]
BoneDog wrote:

The cap is awesome if you come from a BMX or enjoy more a BMX ride quality, the blk market has a little more MTB like heritage in its design. I ride DH and AM 80% of the time, and I feel more confident and at home on the blkmrkt.

Not sure this comparison is entirely accurate....from what I know of the Mob and BM history, Carter's bikes come out of BMX, not an MTB background..

?!? :0 to be clear- neither the Mob or Contraband remind me of an MTB ride, in any perceptible way.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 at 9:53 Quote
[Quote="Monad"][Quote="BoneDog"]
mr-carbon wrote:

Not sure this comparison is entirely accurate....from what I know of the Mob and BM history, Carter's bikes come out of BMX, not an MTB background..

?!? :0 to be clear- neither the Mob or Contraband remind me of an MTB ride, in any perceptible way.

Capital is a more aggressive street frame (higher BB and quicker handling)
Blkmrkts have always been on the more slack/stable side of things (geometry wise) so its more comparable to a MTB

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019754
Mobile Version of Website