post your konas!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
post your konas!
Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
photo

My Process 167 as she sits. Loving the dual crown, suprisingly feels better than the 36 I had on it before.
Isn't the geometry messed up? That's a f*ckin hucking sweet and super sick set up! Love that man!

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
Mirko17 wrote:
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
photo

My Process 167 as she sits. Loving the dual crown, suprisingly feels better than the 36 I had on it before.
Isn't the geometry messed up? That's a f*ckin hucking sweet and super sick set up! Love that man!

that fork is only 13mm taller than stock so it doesn't make a huge difference. I ran my 167 with a boxxer and it was rad, but it feels better with a 180mm metric

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 15:00 Quote
Its not too bad, I built the bike with whistler specificly in mind so its does exactly what I want it to do. The geometry is ofcourse off abit but its not a bad feel by any means. But thanks man!

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 18:36 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
Its not too bad, I built the bike with whistler specificly in mind so its does exactly what I want it to do. The geometry is ofcourse off abit but its not a bad feel by any means. But thanks man!
26 aint dead!

Posted: Aug 14, 2016 at 21:40 Quote
oh, and speaking of 167s...

2016 Kona Process 167
2016 Kona Process 167
2016 Kona Process 167

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 21:04 Quote
Thats a rad 167^

My park rig with a fresh DVO jade Damn beauty of a rear shock

Swapped the rear shock out to a dvo jade today.....crazy differance! I like a stiff suspension set up but the vivid at max psi wasnt very active as far as small bump goes ofcourse but the jade seems to do the trick pretty well so far! Only 1 day on it in the park today though, we'll see how it fairs for the remainder of the season.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 8:09 Quote
photo

Alright so this bike has been in my shops repair area for over a year and the owner has been contacted multiple times to come pick it up and hasn't. It's been 4 notifications to pick it up and the owner of the shop has decided to sell the bike to move it(standard policy on abandoned bikes). He said he would sell it to me for the cost of the rear which is like $80.

My questions are what year/model is it...I think its a Stab Deluxe but am not 100% only marking on it is KONA DH on the head tube gusset.

..and is this bike worth spending $80 on..it ill need about $200 or so to make it in decent riding condition.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 10:15 Quote
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
photo

Alright so this bike has been in my shops repair area for over a year and the owner has been contacted multiple times to come pick it up and hasn't. It's been 4 notifications to pick it up and the owner of the shop has decided to sell the bike to move it(standard policy on abandoned bikes). He said he would sell it to me for the cost of the rear which is like $80.

My questions are what year/model is it...I think its a Stab Deluxe but am not 100% only marking on it is KONA DH on the head tube gusset.

..and is this bike worth spending $80 on..it ill need about $200 or so to make it in decent riding condition.

Buy it, fix it up, resell it?

OR throw some hookworms on it and use it as an urban huckbike. for shiggles.

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
Here is my 2013 Kona Hei Hei deluxe 29er converted to a 27.5+ on i29 rear with Maxxis Rekon 2.8s, i45 front with Maxxis Rekon 2.8s, new fox boost 34 fit4 fork. Rides
2013 Kina Hei Hei Deluxe 27.5
like a dream

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2016 at 21:05 Quote
photo

Alright so I bought it...couldn't resist after doing some research on it....Figured the price was right to have a fun bike...just bummed its been powder coated white. but the wheels were plastidipped so that came off still getting it off the spokes and hubshells tho!

Posted: Sep 24, 2016 at 12:42 Quote
Will hopefully get better pictures soon, but here's my new 2017 Kona Process 153, just built it yesterday
2017 Kona Process large

Build highlights:
-Suntour Durolux R2C2 160mm
-Cane Creek Double Barrel
-Hope Hubs laced to WTB frequency I25s
-Truvativ Decendant Direct mount cranks
-Spank Spike vibrocore bars/ stubby 35mm long Spank Spike stem
-VP Harrier pedals
-XT brakes w/ Magura storm SL rotors
-10s X9 setup with 11-42 sunrace cassette.

only taken it on one ride so far, but I'm digging it.

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 4:43 Quote
niiice. looks so much better in blue than the black non DL flavour!

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 6:28 Quote
Dope build! Keep an eye on that sun race cassette. I've had to replace about 6 of them on customers bikes due to the cogs bending.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020497
Mobile Version of Website