How to make rear hubs loud

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How to make rear hubs loud
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
I just bought a new Hope Pro 2 Hub, I need a loud hub to get dogwalkers out of the way, how do u make a hub as loud as possible, I havent laced it yet.

Thanks

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:07 Quote
Just lace it up and give it a few months to fully break in. If that doesn't work than try to put a lighter oil inside.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:07 Quote
run it dry, degrease it? loud ones come loud. you dont make them loud

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
knobzy wrote:
buy a bell!

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
oh wait even better.. put a hockey card in your spokes..

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:18 Quote
knobzy wrote:
oh wait even better.. put a hockey card in your spokes..

I was actually asking how to make the rear hub loud not putting cards in my spokes thanx

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:31 Quote
what is the real reason behind a loud hub.. other then your so called reason to warn dog walkers your coming..
come on now, thats kinda of lame.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:37 Quote
because he probably thinks it sounds cool!

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 22:54 Quote
Yes it sounds cool, thats why I want one, but also I really need something loud to get idiots off the track, I dont want a bell because its not easy to ring a bell when ur ripping on a track, its much better to just have a loud bike so where ever people are they will get out of the way, sometimes u dont know they're there.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 23:01 Quote
wesley1234567 wrote:
Yes it sounds cool, thats why I want one, but also I really need something loud to get idiots off the track, I dont want a bell because its not easy to ring a bell when ur ripping on a track, its much better to just have a loud bike so where ever people are they will get out of the way, sometimes u dont know they're there.

put aluminum bash rings on Smile
chain will make more noise than even YOU can handle

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 23:12 Quote
just do it old school and put a card on the swing arm so it hits the spokes,the more cards, the louder it is. ha

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 23:17 Quote
Just yell at them, it works for me.
If they're on a dedicated or obvious trail a loud "RIDER! F*#KIN SHIFT!" usually works.

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 23:21 Quote
yeah, no kidding, loud hubs are fun and all, but the volume of sound put out from them is not much. By the time they hear it, youll have rammed your stem up someones....well you get the idea. Especially if you're clippin down the trail pretty good

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 6:48 Quote
you realized that you wouldnt be able to hear a loud hub up ahead of you? It wouldnt do anything. And if these trails are for people that walk as you say..you shouldnt be "ripping" down them. Thats when the mountain bike scene gets a negative vibe. So we can solve your problem by just not doing it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009283
Mobile Version of Website