Which tires are the best for dj, park and street?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Which tires are the best for dj, park and street?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
hey guys im currently upgrading the hell out of my blk mrkt riot and the guy who is putting it all together and who orders all my parts said i should invest in new tires.
now he said intense mirco knobbies which ive heard good things about but he told me that it would be 100$ for the set.
he also said the wtb graffiti dj tires which are 120$ for the set. is that a fair price? or do u have a better tire in mind. they also need to be a 26" if u know of a site online that also sells the tire please list that aswell
thx.
redblkmrkt.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
I'd go with the intense micros...But kenda sb8s are nice and if your not a wieght weenie Maxxis holyrollers are the shizznit....I've been running Holy Rollers for such a long time that they feel light to me.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
yeah but is that a good price for the micros? and my buddys already running the sb8s on his dobermann and i dont wanna have the same tires. im running k rads right now that r pretty beaten up and holy rollers and k-rads are pretty much the same.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
redblkmrkt wrote:
yeah but is that a good price for the micros? and my buddys already running the sb8s on his dobermann and i dont wanna have the same tires. im running k rads right now that r pretty beaten up and holy rollers and k-rads are pretty much the same.
I noticed that the K-rads tend to slip in the park more then the HR's...My friend says the same....But thats sounds about right for the micro knobs there about 50 a piece....You can buy them both for like 70 here though
http://www.go-ride.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800028FE-1227310808...I plan on running MicroKnobbys on my Suburban when I get the money.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
ok sweet do u know how the micro knobbies compare to the graffitis?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
maxxis holy rollers will sort you out for the whole lot (Y)

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 10:19 Quote
schwalbe Tabletops Timo Pritzel signature series. I run them and they are great.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
how much a tire? and my bud brandon is saying that the k-rad and holy rollers are identical. so if thats true i dont wanna end up buying the same as i pretty much already had.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
i would deffo go for halo twin rails ive been ridin on the for years now never had a problem run fast and smooth Razz

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
yeah holler rollers!!

me and my friends riots
photo

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 9:31 Quote
sleeth21 wrote:
yeah holler rollers!!

me and my friends riots
photo

yea my riots the same as the red but i think im prolly gonna go with some intense micro knobbies

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
i heard the khe mac tyres are good. i think theyre dirt tyres but look pretty fast rolling for park and street.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
Do you care about weight?

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
i'm running halo twin rollers on the back and random cross country tyres i get hold up for the front
i like it, it rolls super fast but still has that little bit of grip at the front that the twin roller doesn't have.
i'm loving it.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
redblkmrkt wrote:
how much a tire? and my bud brandon is saying that the k-rad and holy rollers are identical. so if thats true i dont wanna end up buying the same as i pretty much already had.
Try riding them back-to-back. They are completely different. You will find that the Holy Rollers are much better quality.
The K-Rads are made out of super cheap nylon rubber, so they have terrible grip on damp asphalt or slick skate ramps. Just feel them, they feel hard and plastic.
The Holy Rollers are made out of a much higher quality, more grippy synthetic rubber compound.
Kenda has lowered the quality of the K-Rads to make them a cost effective OEM tire.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.085510
Mobile Version of Website