What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: May 26, 2015 at 13:42 Quote
more chiefs than indians. "you should..." "it be better if you..." "i wouldn't do that..." "i tend to land on the right could you carve that out a little more for me..." "that's dangerous...." "make it so the xc guys don't get hurt..."

hey! i got the best idea.... do it yourself...

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 14:20 Quote
DaDawg wrote:
more chiefs than indians. "you should..." "it be better if you..." "i wouldn't do that..." "i tend to land on the right could you carve that out a little more for me..." "that's dangerous...." "make it so the xc guys don't get hurt..."

hey! i got the best idea.... do it yourself...

Posted: Jun 3, 2015 at 22:07 Quote
lack of humidity. shovel only goes down 2 inches when i want to dig. people that skid in the berms. friends that ride the trail, call it shit after countless hours of work, and dont offer any suggestions to fix it. slithers. rocks, lack of rain. after raking those little rock/pebbles you slide all around on them down the hill. Yes, socal

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 4:56 Quote
The kid I can hear from my house right now riding his pitbike there. Madder

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
Call the police or one night put some sand in his tank

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 8:31 Quote
Little faith in the police here to be honest, if they can't do anything about my drug dealing neighbour who drives like an ass and hits on school kids then I can't see them doing much about a kid on a pitbike.

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
It would be a shame of a log were to fall in his path

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 10:22 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Little faith in the police here to be honest, if they can't do anything about my drug dealing neighbour who drives like an ass and hits on school kids then I can't see them doing much about a kid on a pitbike.

The kid on the pit bike is only committing a minor offence, so the police wi stomp on him with the full force of the law rather than catching real crims

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
Gaaaah. Oh well, at least he doesn't know about any of my other spots.

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 15:20 Quote
Hmmm, I'll see how things are over the next couple of weeks.

Honestly, I really don't want to have to do anything about it because I'd rather be spending my little free time building than talking to the Police. It could backfire on me anyway, his uncle has the right to graze his sheep on the land because it's common land and I don't particularly want the Police turning around and telling me that without permission to build said trails I have no more right to be there damaging the ecosystem (or whatever spin they put on it) than he does.

If it gets worse then I'll maybe call in something less related like him riding it on the road.

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 20:37 Quote
Got jumps taken down today...
Me and my friends have been building jumps and other small features on the walking and biking trails in out neighborhood for about 6 years, always as far to the side as possible, completely out of the way. Recently we decided to re build some old jumps that are in a perfect spot on an old connector trail that no body uses anymore. We had a couple decent sized gaps on it, nothing too big, just about 8 feet, but it took use days and days of work to get them right, by far our best jumps, and the most out of the way.
So I show up today wanting to ride them on my new bike, they are leveled... Shovel marks all over, rocks we used as support and as filler thrown around, most of the dirt flung into the trees.
This is the first time I have had jumps taken down this bad, usually it is just some kid trying to ride our jumps and skidding all over them, but nothing major... Now I have about a weeks work ahead of me once it rains here.

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 20:43 Quote
Ah that sucks dude....

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 at 22:09 Quote
Gvus2001 wrote:
Got jumps taken down today...
Me and my friends have been building jumps and other small features on the walking and biking trails in out neighborhood for about 6 years, always as far to the side as possible, completely out of the way. Recently we decided to re build some old jumps that are in a perfect spot on an old connector trail that no body uses anymore. We had a couple decent sized gaps on it, nothing too big, just about 8 feet, but it took use days and days of work to get them right, by far our best jumps, and the most out of the way.
So I show up today wanting to ride them on my new bike, they are leveled... Shovel marks all over, rocks we used as support and as filler thrown around, most of the dirt flung into the trees.
This is the first time I have had jumps taken down this bad, usually it is just some kid trying to ride our jumps and skidding all over them, but nothing major... Now I have about a weeks work ahead of me once it rains here.

nothing as major as that, but I also got a wooden feature torn down and HIDDEN from sight so there is no chance to rebuild. Also at this steeish roller at the end, a nice tree stump 10 inches wide sitting in the middle of 12 inch wide single track. smh

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 16:43 Quote
Build one more jump, hide out, wait for jump trashers, then kick penises.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013606
Mobile Version of Website