What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 14:34 Quote
mountainbiker-finn wrote:
We were building here check it out on the Maps of Google: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Moon+St,+Mt+Eliza+VIC+3930/@-38.2127504,145.0955577,1286m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ad5dfab9d1de0ad:0xef25aa55daf5ddbc

But... it was private land which had been on sale for ten years and they year we decided to build on it it gets bought!

Frown
But that is what illegally building trails get you!
maybe it was a mountain biker that bought the land.

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 14:36 Quote
We were building here check it out on the Maps of Google: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Moon+St,+Mt+Eliza+VIC+3930/@-38.2127504,145.0955577,1286m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ad5dfab9d1de0ad:0xef25aa55daf5ddbc

But... it was private land which had been on sale for ten years and they year we decided to build on it it gets bought!

Frown

Have you tried speaking to the new owners ?

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
bigburd wrote:

Frown

Have you tried speaking to the new owners ?

No but one of our mates did.
I don't really understand what happened.
The owner gave him his number and that was that.
They are building a house on it so I do not think they would want us there.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Empty a jerry can around the perimeter of the spot, hide out, wait for jump trashers, light match.

Acquire paintball gun and assume position in trees, naked.

Jump trashers surrounded by wall of fire. Being shot at. Jump trashing clothes ruined. Favorite nipple bruised.

Would think twice about trashing jumps again.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 10:10 Quote
i hate when hikers take my tools.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 10:15 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:

I hate when I can't remember where I stored my tools...

these days --- I take a pic of the location before I head out.

Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
PedalShopLLC wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

I hate when I can't remember where I stored my tools...

these days --- I take a pic of the location before I head out.

lol, it might be that but i just havent found them in the nearby bushes lol

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 1:56 Quote
then you jsut hear a distant cry - Who the f*ck put the shovel in the path

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
When other "persons" take credit for your builds. Even tho they never lifted a shovel.

Guy comes up to me a few weeks ago and was like " oh you're helping that trail idiot build this" ? ... umm no.. is that what he's been saying...

then you creep their instagram and you find all your work posted as theirs. Im glad for his sake that i shattered my pelvis, cuz id be using him as fill at the bottom of a new jump.

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 15:29 Quote
tom666 wrote:
recklessness wrote:
Empty a jerry can around the perimeter of the spot, hide out, wait for jump trashers, light match.

Acquire paintball gun and assume position in trees, naked.

Jump trashers surrounded by wall of fire. Being shot at. Jump trashing clothes ruined. Favorite nipple bruised.

Would think twice about trashing jumps again.
^^Probably my favorite post of all time. Beer

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 15:34 Quote
chiggers...

yellow jackets

spider webs across the trail

3 things that will "get ya" when you're not looking...

I swear I'm gonna patent a spider sweeper that snags the webs before you run into them... some sorta thin whip that's mounted to the bar or stem

Confused

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 15:36 Quote
PedalShopLLC wrote:
I swear I'm gonna patent a spider sweeper that snags the webs before you run into them... some sorta thin whip that's mounted to the bar or stem
That already exists. It's called my tall ass.

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
recklessness wrote:
PedalShopLLC wrote:

+1

I always got that walking to a temp job I had. I started at 7:30am and I was normally either the first or the tallest person walking that particular path that day, clearing out the webs with my face for errbody else who arrived at a humane time. Fml

Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 16:47 Quote
tom666 wrote:
recklessness wrote:
PedalShopLLC wrote:

+1

I always got that walking to a temp job I had. I started at 7:30am and I was normally either the first or the tallest person walking that particular path that day, clearing out the webs with my face for errbody else who arrived at a humane time. Fml
Yup, I am always the first one down my trails, so I end up covered in spider webs (and probably spiders too). Why do spider webs feel so damn gross????

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 11:10 Quote
PEEPS LOOKIN AT THE TRAILS IN DAMMED GOOGLE MAPS

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015394
Mobile Version of Website