What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 1:16 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
yeah they can be a bit of a startle when you close the door to your room and theres a spider the size of your hand on the back of it. (yes, thats from experience).

I had a cluster of huntsman eggs hatch in my garage a couple years ago, literally hundreds of little ones running around everywhere, a few ended up getting pretty big, so I'm not as scared of them as I used to be.

Funnel webs are scary a they can actually kill you, and they're angry little c*nts too. i had one run over the top of my shoe once, that was scary.

Yeah, we dont have as many as Sydney and stuff
but we have a few living in our berms

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 2:57 Quote
In the UK we only have pussy level wild life. Pretty embarrassing compared to you aussies.

For some reason there isn't a whole lot of poisonous shit here and the dangerous animals we use to have (bears and wolves) were hunted to extinction a very long time ago.

Did get stung by a wasp the other day tho

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 3:04 Quote
People that you barely know , who never pick up a shovel giving you ' great ideas ' on what to build next , go f*cking do one !

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
tom666 wrote:
In the UK we only have pussy level wild life. Pretty embarrassing compared to you aussies.

For some reason there isn't a whole lot of poisonous shit here and the dangerous animals we use to have (bears and wolves) were hunted to extinction a very long time ago.

Did get stung by a wasp the other day tho

Haha
everyone thinks australia is dangerous af
its not too bad when you live here
I think we are up to 5 deaths this year in shark attacks though Frown

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
The real bastards in the uk are midges and tics. They can't kill you with a bite but they'll sure as hell annoy you to death. lol

@bigburd

Similar one that's annoyed me recently is Pinkbike regulars who've never done any building suggesting things for me to build because "I follow the trail building threads and it doesn't look hard".

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 12:08 Quote
Who said this? Can I go rant?

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
If only! They said it in person.

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 15:15 Quote
Show them to me! I will handle the bad people

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Show them to me! I will handle the bad people
"I HAVE PREPARED A VIDEO..." lol

Posted: Aug 15, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
bigburd wrote:
People that you barely know , who never pick up a shovel giving you ' great ideas ' on what to build next , go f*cking do one !

Lol. Im busted up cant ride and im still hearing through the grapevine how the local trail idiot is suggesting what i build next.. he even went so far to say that he'll "watch the line...". lmao

He better not f*ckn touch anything Blank Stare

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 14:15 Quote
stupid horse riders going for a ride right after a rain destroying the trail tread and then just don't get it when you try to explain the damage to them! Its endless aggravation unless...you reroute the trail to a 8 foot step down cliff drop....BAM!

Log piles on tight trail are great too.

Theres gotta be more sinster ideas out there?

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
weaverlandbikepark360 wrote:
stupid horse riders going for a ride right after a rain destroying the trail tread and then just don't get it when you try to explain the damage to them! Its endless aggravation unless...you reroute the trail to a 8 foot step down cliff drop....BAM!

Log piles on tight trail are great too.

Theres gotta be more sinster ideas out there?

Bear traps every 12-15 feet worked for me to ward away horse.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 7:05 Quote
yeah, those horse peeps can muck up the trails pretty bad... they have much worse impact on the trails compared to bikes..

we did this trail up in MD that was user friendly to hikers, bikers and horseback ..... there was a long long section of the trail that was completely messed up from people riding horseback through wet weather. ruts that were, no kidding, around 20 to 25ish inches deep were created from people riding horseback

for the make shift visual:

nununu = the ruts.

O--O = bike tire

nunO--Onunun = it was this bad

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
PedalShopLLC wrote:
yeah, those horse peeps can muck up the trails pretty bad... they have much worse impact on the trails compared to bikes..

we did this trail up in MD that was user friendly to hikers, bikers and horseback ..... there was a long long section of the trail that was completely messed up from people riding horseback through wet weather. ruts that were, no kidding, around 20 to 25ish inches deep were created from people riding horseback

for the make shift visual:

nununu = the ruts.

O--O = bike tire

nunO--Onunun = it was this bad

in the spring after last frost is the worst! And then one time I had a horse rider ask me if I can trim the trails higher for them. So wished for poisonous Apples right that moment!

Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 13:55 Quote
Well i had the worst trailbuilding experience ever today. Just getting to the trails (in 90 degree extremely humid heat) a hornet got stuck under my shirt and stung me twice. By the time i finished the 1 mile hike i had accumulated 5-6 mosquito bites, 2 of which where on my back and i couldnt reach. I had to move a rotten log and under it was a colony of fire ants, so that was great. by this time i might as well have jumped in a pool i was so sweaty. i finished cutting the section of trail i wanted to do and tripped, going straight into a gigantic spiderweb. got home, got the bug spray out of my eyes, and heard that my riding buddy most likely wont be able to go to the next session (theres one a month) at my local bike park.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012935
Mobile Version of Website